So, Gold Label. What are your thoughts?

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
ShauntotheMaxx
Here comes a new challenger!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: So, Gold Label. What are your thoughts?

Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:13 am

I can't speak for international collectors... cause I'm sure my face will get ripped off by being a clueless American parroting, "Oh it was soooo easy to find exclusives in the stores. Why are you complaining?"

Honestly... I can say pretty objectively. I feel like if I wanted any McFarlane figure, I can hit the stores and get it with pretty minimal work. Haven't found Azbat yet... but been pretty broke lately so I haven't been to stores. At least here in the States (or Texas tbh), I can get it with little to no problem. Whereas on the flip side... some Marvel exclusives never showed up... or they shipped two and I wasn't at the store that specific day when the moon was full and Satan was in the pain med section ready to strike a deal.

Not a fan of regular releases getting exclusives. I'd rather just see repaints/unmasked/alt loadouts/etc get the Gold Label badge, but I can't complain.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:10 am

Zavvi cancelled my AzBat order as well. That really sucks. Every time I order it from Wal-Mart, they either cancel it, or they say it shipped and arrived, and it never did. I never have seen the figure in stores, and now my Zavvi back up is cancelled.

The AzBat figure has been an AzBitch. Currently, I can't find Target Kyle Rayner either, but I will buy that on Ebay soon if I must. I guess that's what I'll do with AzBat too.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:39 am

i bought the one azbat i saw a couple months ago i guess and never saw it again. i found a walmart with five gold label catwoman figures and its the only time ive seen that one. i travel for work and am always in and out of all my local stores and am pretty confident that most of them never got the gold label figures in the first place.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:55 am

Ultramane wrote:
. i travel for work and am always in and out of all my local stores and am pretty confident that most of them never got the gold label figures in the first place.
That's why I think it's more of a "Walmart sucks" issue than anything else. Most Target Gold Labels have been relatively easy to find.
add1
Customized

Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:51 am

dark flash is up for order on walmart now... if anyones still in need
Mysticmanjrf1
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:49 pm

ShauntotheMaxx wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:13 am
I can't speak for international collectors... cause I'm sure my face will get ripped off by being a clueless American parroting, "Oh it was soooo easy to find exclusives in the stores. Why are you complaining?"

Honestly... I can say pretty objectively. I feel like if I wanted any McFarlane figure, I can hit the stores and get it with pretty minimal work. Haven't found Azbat yet... but been pretty broke lately so I haven't been to stores. At least here in the States (or Texas tbh), I can get it with little to no problem. Whereas on the flip side... some Marvel exclusives never showed up... or they shipped two and I wasn't at the store that specific day when the moon was full and Satan was in the pain med section ready to strike a deal.

Not a fan of regular releases getting exclusives. I'd rather just see repaints/unmasked/alt loadouts/etc get the Gold Label badge, but I can't complain.

Amused by the idea of Satan waiting next to the aspirin. Holding a Shazam in one hand and a contract in the other.
Tmntfanatic4life
Customized

Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:26 pm

add1 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:51 am
dark flash is up for order on walmart now... if anyones still in need
Missed it when this was posted but ordered one last night while it was in stock for a while….we shall see if I got one or gets canceled lol

Says I should get it by this Wednesday
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:00 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:55 am
Ultramane wrote:
. i travel for work and am always in and out of all my local stores and am pretty confident that most of them never got the gold label figures in the first place.
That's why I think it's more of a "Walmart sucks" issue than anything else. Most Target Gold Labels have been relatively easy to find.
Agreed for the most part. Kyle Rayner being the only Target ex I have been unable to locate. I just travelled the entire 101 here in CA and stopped at several Targets finding only Wonder Woman. Martian Manhunter was plentiful so I have not given up just yet. Maybe a second wind will show up. Walmart is just horrible, still no AZ bats or Dark Flash and little hope of securing those bar Ebay.
yojoebro82

Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:36 am

I was able to order Shazam yesterday from the website, apparently will be here Wednesday.

I posted this in the general DC thread at first but I guess that was the wrong move......everyone was talking about how they thought Hush Batman looked, no one seemed interested. He has since gone back to "out of stock".
toydollz
Super Poseable

Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:38 am

bananaman wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:00 am
Agreed for the most part. Kyle Rayner being the only Target ex I have been unable to locate. I just travelled the entire 101 here in CA and stopped at several Targets finding only Wonder Woman. Martian Manhunter was plentiful so I have not given up just yet. Maybe a second wind will show up. Walmart is just horrible, still no AZ bats or Dark Flash and little hope of securing those bar Ebay.
At least there's a handful along the 101 to check out. I don't think they let Walmart in the LA city limits. Checking the site for stock down toward Long Beach and east of there is a fruitless effort too. The only reason I have Dark Flash and Shazam is because they were all over the place when I was in Austin a couple weeks ago.
yojoebro82

Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:04 pm

LOL, Walmart Shazam was supposed to arrive today but I was just notified that it is "delayed". No word on how long. Wouldn't be surprised if they just cancel it on me, but with the movie version revealed, I wouldn't be devastated either.
Tmntfanatic4life
Customized

Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:06 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:04 pm
LOL, Walmart Shazam was supposed to arrive today but I was just notified that it is "delayed". No word on how long. Wouldn't be surprised if they just cancel it on me, but with the movie version revealed, I wouldn't be devastated either.
Same with my Dark Flash
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:06 pm

I’ll post this here too
Deadman is up on target

https://www.target.com/p/dc-comics-mult ... A-86387324
yojoebro82

Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:44 pm

I just ordered Deadman from Target website. I was also able to use the 25% off coupon. $15 and change total!

https://www.target.com/p/dc-comics-mult ... A-86387324
add1
Customized

Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:29 am

i keep looking for the black and white gold label arkham city batman and catwoman.. but they are constantly out of stock... guess i missed the window

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”