Gold Label 5-pack theories.

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Gold Label 5-pack theories.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:11 pm

Gotta be honest, some exclusives have been pretty easy for me to find. Mostly the Target ones. But I’m having a hell of a time with AzBats and Parallax. Brickseek says several local stores have anywhere from 2-6 on hand. Click over to the Wal Mart app/site and the stores have none. I’ve not seen or even heard of them in my State (Virginia) in stock with the exception of one store 100 miles away. I can’t preorder to my zip code or anywhere in the State for that matter. And there are at least four WM DC’s in Virginia.

So I’m asking, when you find Gold Label stuff, or any retail store exclusive for that matter, post it here. Give us the store and location, and your city and state or city and province in Canada. At least we may be able to get a sense of direction. I know some have been found on the east coast. Florida and South Carolina at least. But this is really frustrating. eBay prices are at least 100% markup. Not doing that. Yet.

Thanks in advance.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: The Gold Label/Exclusive help thread.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:51 am

I certainly will when I'm no longer in the same boat as you.

I've been to the three Walmarts near me whom brickseek claims to have 6+, and while they can find them in their system, no one has a clue where they are.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:35 am

Thanks man.

I didn’t realize I’d want 90’s nostalgia figures this much.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:16 am

anthonywayne wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:51 am
I've been to the three Walmarts near me whom brickseek claims to have 6+, and while they can find them in their system, no one has a clue where they are.
I’ve got lots of Walmarts in my area. Azrael showed up at 3, Parallax at 1. Nothing at any other store.

One store had both instock on Brickseek for almost two weeks — then sold out overnight when the store wasn’t open. Never saw them on the pegs.

One store got Azrael, put it out the next day, and I watched it slowly sell out on Brickseek over the course of that day. It sold out 20 minutes before I got off work.

One store has had Azrael for a week and has yet to put it out. I’ve stopped on my way home every day. Nothing on the pallets. Nothing on the pegs.

When stores get these, it’s just 3 per figure in my area. It’s not nearly enough given the popularity. I can’t seem to catch the 2 minute restocks for each one online.

A bit annoying that these are the exclusives that are hard to get. My stores got tons of the stupid silver Batman and repainted armored Superman that didn’t sell and are still there, but Azrael and Parallax? 3 each, that’s fine.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:20 am

Well I woke up early and decided to check. Got Parallax on order. Supposedly arriving tomorrow. No sign of AzBats.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:54 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Thanks man.

Toy companies are banking on that. Don't worry, the 80's are just about tapped dry, 90's is next. Corporations holding all of the 90s property licenses will make sure you get your fill.

As for Gold Label, I've had the browser open for a week on Az Bat and Parallax and no sign of either actually being in stock. I don't even bother with brick seek. Even when I hear the occasional, "it works now" claim, it's a waste of time. It's an unreliable website giving information on an unreliable retail chain.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:13 pm

Managed to place a pick up order for Azbat at one of the Walmarts that had '6+' (dropped down to 4 - 5 when I checked first thing this morning), but this was only after I went there before work and found nothing. I made sure to unclick the box stating they'd make a substitution if they can't fulfill the order. That shouldn't even be an option. I'll report back if I'm actually able to get my order.

The one good takeaway from making the run to the store is that I saw they're doing a reset, and there were dedicated tags for both Azbat and Parallax.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:15 pm

Brickseek worked extremely well for me on the Crime Syndicate/Starro wave. The rest, very spotty.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:46 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:54 pm
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Thanks man.

Toy companies are banking on that. Don't worry, the 80's are just about tapped dry, 90's is next. Corporations holding all of the 90s property licenses will make sure you get your fill.
Thing is, I’m not a particularly nostalgic guy. The only thing I want back from the 90’s is my youth. I don’t come at collecting from a nostalgic perspective. I want new and different.

But these figures, they’re just so cool looking I can’t really resist. And now I’d buy 90’s deep cuts if it came to it. Fate, Hourman, Damage and more would certainly make the cut.
W.O.M.
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:58 pm

anthonywayne wrote:
Managed to place a pick up order for Azbat at one of the Walmarts that had '6+' (dropped down to 4 - 5 when I checked first thing this morning), but this was only after I went there before work and found nothing. I made sure to unclick the box stating they'd make a substitution if they can't fulfill the order. That shouldn't even be an option. I'll report back if I'm actually able to get my order.

The one good takeaway from making the run to the store is that I saw they're doing a reset, and there were dedicated tags for both Azbat and Parallax.
Similar situation for me yesterday. Brickseek updated that they had 2-3, and couple hours later Wal-Mart let me place an order from that store. Only thing is it is scheduled to be delivered today, but hasn't even reached preparing stage (it did for a second yesterday but went back to 'placed' ever since).

At this point I'm guessing it wont be fulfilled but I'll wait for the end of the day to throw in the towel.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:40 pm

anthonywayne wrote:

And...surprising no one (least of all me), they cancelled the order.

I hate Walmart.
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:54 pm

W.O.M. wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:58 pm
anthonywayne wrote:

Similar situation for me yesterday. Brickseek updated that they had 2-3, and couple hours later Wal-Mart let me place an order from that store. Only thing is it is scheduled to be delivered today, but hasn't even reached preparing stage (it did for a second yesterday but went back to 'placed' ever since).

At this point I'm guessing it wont be fulfilled but I'll wait for the end of the day to throw in the towel.
Same exact thing happened to me earlier today!

I found a store that showed in stock, ordered online for curbside pickup but now there is 0 available and my order hasn't been picked yet.

I'm 100% certain my order will be cancelled within the next few hours.

I'm also 100% done looking for the Az-Bat or any other figure in store. First it was the Super Powers Batwing luring me to store and now this.

You start to feel ridiculous after a while.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:41 am

Yeah, super frustrating for sure. I have had zero luck in store or online with Parallax or AzBats. Determined to exercise patience on this one though, eBay is tempting but I really don't want to over pay. There are so many figures coming out I just cannot justify paying over the odds.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:18 am

Just now popped up that a localish store had two I could order for “instore pickup.”

Ordered both to try to pass it forward to a Fwoosher. Also because I dumbly forgot to uncheck the box that allowed them to give me a substitution on the first order.

Why would I ever want a substitution instead of the item I ordered?

Fully expecting to get one cancelled, and a substitution on the other that I will cancel.

Still zero sign of Parallax outside that one store a few weeks ago.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:13 am

These don’t seem to be hitting around NJ yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”