Arkham City build-a Solomon Grundy wave Todd want pants, too

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Arkham City build-a Solomon Grundy wave Todd want pants, too

Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:57 am

patiently waiting to see people swap that new head onto other batman bodies
Black Arbor
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:46 pm

Ultramane wrote:

All I have is the Page Punchers Batman, but it looks great on him!
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:46 pm

Oh yeah, that looks dope.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:47 am

Half of my McFarlane Arkham City arrived today. The other half is arriving tomorrow or Monday.
Batman -
Spoiler! :
And AA & AC Batman have more differences than I thought. Beside the heads, capes, chest logos & paint applications they also have different gauntlets/forearms. Overall as far as the source material goes the AC Batman is a better looking and more accurate figure than the AA version even without the eyeballs. But it should be blue and grey not black and grey.

Penguin -
Spoiler! :
BigZ
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:29 am

everything above that torso cut is great with the new figure, the problem is everything from the torso cut down is atrocious with regards to anatomy and size and mold.....for the love of god why cant todd just get it done properly.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:11 am

Got Ra's and Catwoman from Amazon today- Batman and Penguin will be here Tuesday. All I can say is I'm really happy. These were the figures I wanted back when they first did the line- they look like the characters, can move like the characters, and they just feel nice and sturdy. I know folks are having mixed thoughts about the wave, but I really dig it so far, and I'm excited to get the rest in my hands. Hope Todd keeps putting out Arkham designs. I know Riddler is rumored, but if we can get redos on some of the ones that need it most- Talia, Two-Face, Firefly, Ivy, etc., I'll be SO happy.
samhain2731
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:19 pm

Black Arbor wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:46 pm
Ultramane wrote:

All I have is the Page Punchers Batman, but it looks great on him!
This is exactly what I have planned so this picture is great to see. He looks great!
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:57 am

And here’s the other half of the Arkham City set that arrived yesterday from Amazon.
Catwoman -Image
Spoiler! :
Ra’s Al Ghul -
Spoiler! :
Solomon Grundy -
Spoiler! :
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:04 pm

Does anyone have the DCC Arkham Knight Catwoman? I'm really interested to see how the new one compares.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:39 pm

Got Batman and Penguin in, so the wave is complete now. I know these are the 2 devisive figures in the wave (arguably), but I really dig them. I love the white eyes on Batman- it's a nice way to give us "Detective Mode" Batman without painting him entirely blue like some past releases have done. Adds to the menace of him too, I feel. I like the shade of black they chose for him too. Hope we get an Origins Batman sometime soon so we can have all the looks side by side. The Arkham Batsuits are some of my favorites, and Todd's figures are, to date, my favorite figures of them.

I dig ol' Ozzie too, even if he's a tad oversized. The hat being a permanent part of his head doesn't bother me too much- of the 3 or so Penguins I got from the DCC Arkham line, I think only one still has his hat anyway- the others have all been lost. I like how his umbrella feels nice and sturdy too, not fragile like the past releases. Though it still makes me question why the 66 Penguin didn't come with an umbrella too (only thing I can think of is that Arkham Penguin doesn't use his umbrella as a gun, whereas 66 Penguin did). He definitely benefits from the articulation too.

Grundy is even more undersized than I was expecting. It's a bummer, but still a nice figure. Looking at a BAF like Starro, where not only are the pieces oversized, but have a decent amount of paint and detail, it's a bummer that such consideration couldn't have been given to the Grund man. Having him in hand, I gotta agree that someone like Freeze, Bane, or Hugo Strange were the BAFs. Heck, if Todd doesn't think female characters will sell too well on their own, make them the BAF- it would be kinda silly to make Ivy the BAF, but throw in some plant pieces or something. Make Talia the BAF and give her a sword and vial of the cure or something. Marvel Legends have done normal sized figures as BAFs before; it seems a bit silly, but if it's the only way to get a certain figure, I'm all for it. I don't hate that we got him at all, and it's cool that, because of his size, he could double as a comic Grundy too, but I just kinda wish there was a bit more, or he'd been saved for a MegaFig.

Ah, well. The Arkham series is still a great comfort to me, and I'm glad to have these. More please, Todd!
samhain2731
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:48 am

Anyone else absolutely hate the head on penguin? It’s so ugly and not in a way that fits his character :lol:
It looks like it was thrown together last minute or something.
I tried making a replacement and while it isn’t perfect i do prefer it over the original.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:01 am

joshsquash729 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:39 pm
Got Batman and Penguin in, so the wave is complete now. I know these are the 2 devisive figures in the wave (arguably), but I really dig them. I love the white eyes on Batman- it's a nice way to give us "Detective Mode" Batman without painting him entirely blue like some past releases have done. Adds to the menace of him too, I feel. I like the shade of black they chose for him too. Hope we get an Origins Batman sometime soon so we can have all the looks side by side. The Arkham Batsuits are some of my favorites, and Todd's figures are, to date, my favorite figures of them.

I dig ol' Ozzie too, even if he's a tad oversized. The hat being a permanent part of his head doesn't bother me too much- of the 3 or so Penguins I got from the DCC Arkham line, I think only one still has his hat anyway- the others have all been lost. I like how his umbrella feels nice and sturdy too, not fragile like the past releases. Though it still makes me question why the 66 Penguin didn't come with an umbrella too (only thing I can think of is that Arkham Penguin doesn't use his umbrella as a gun, whereas 66 Penguin did). He definitely benefits from the articulation too.

Grundy is even more undersized than I was expecting. It's a bummer, but still a nice figure. Looking at a BAF like Starro, where not only are the pieces oversized, but have a decent amount of paint and detail, it's a bummer that such consideration couldn't have been given to the Grund man. Having him in hand, I gotta agree that someone like Freeze, Bane, or Hugo Strange were the BAFs. Heck, if Todd doesn't think female characters will sell too well on their own, make them the BAF- it would be kinda silly to make Ivy the BAF, but throw in some plant pieces or something. Make Talia the BAF and give her a sword and vial of the cure or something. Marvel Legends have done normal sized figures as BAFs before; it seems a bit silly, but if it's the only way to get a certain figure, I'm all for it. I don't hate that we got him at all, and it's cool that, because of his size, he could double as a comic Grundy too, but I just kinda wish there was a bit more, or he'd been saved for a MegaFig.

Ah, well. The Arkham series is still a great comfort to me, and I'm glad to have these. More please, Todd!
The ‘66 Batman Villians Hideout has Penguin’s umbrella packed there. So we did get it for an extra $30. lol

But I am hoping we get an Origin’s Batman as well. I would also to see an Arkham Asylum Armored Batman. That is one of my favorite figures from the DCD line. I just wish McFarlane gave Batman the blue and grey costume he had in AA & AC. I would also love a Special Edition version with a wired cloth cape that was large enough for gliding poses. With maybe a gargoyle perch.
Black Arbor
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:27 am

If anyone with Catwoman and Superwoman would be willing to do a headswap onto Catwoman and post the results, I'd be eternally grateful!
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:21 pm

Would someone mind posting pictures of the new AC Bats next to the page punchers Superman? I'm curious how the heights work between the two of them. Thanks!
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:14 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:04 pm
Does anyone have the DCC Arkham Knight Catwoman? I'm really interested to see how the new one compares.
Found this

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”