McFarlane DC Multiverse Black Adam Movie Wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse Black Adam Movie Wave

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:03 am

heman008 wrote:Wasn’t there supposed to be a Black Adam on throne or am I remembering things wrong?

There's just these images of ppl getting them at some event where the Rock was passing them out, but nothing mentioned or seen since

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:32 am

There you go, better pictures than I got.
I wonder if that’s going to be a exclusive? Doesn’t look like a gold label thing.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:00 pm

Black Adam with throne has been found overseas.
This will be a gold label exclusive but no word on which retailer will sell it yet.
PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:37 pm

I haven't grabbed an Adam yet, I might hold off for the throne version. I thought I wanted the hooded version, but the brighter gold/bronze armor pieces on the regular version look better to me. I notice the hooded one has open hands, the standard Adam has closed fists, and the throne version has one of each.
MLNUT
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:17 pm

FINALLY found a Hawkman at a local Walmart. He was in the Super Powers display. I went to pay he rang up at $11. So I went back and got Black Adam. Don't need the others.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:12 pm

Got the 3 figures I wanted from this wave. Sabbac is the clear winner in how much I'm surprised I like him. Just a beautiful sculpt with working articulation, I don't even mind the clearly human face in person.

Hawkman has a pretty great design and I'm really impressed with how far back his head can move, would've been even better if he had articulated wings.

Love Adam as well but I'm definitely doing a swap, as much as I like the Rock, I prefer the figure to have the traditional BA features.

Super solid figures, one of the best MickDicks so far.
scottwerdal
Super Poseable

McFarlane DC Multiverse Black Adam Movie Wave

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:28 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:Got the 3 figures I wanted from this wave. Sabbac is the clear winner in how much I'm surprised I like him. Just a beautiful sculpt with working articulation, I don't even mind the clearly human face in person.

Hawkman has a pretty great design and I'm really impressed with how far back his head can move, would've been even better if he had articulated wings.

Love Adam as well but I'm definitely doing a swap, as much as I like the Rock, I prefer the figure to have the traditional BA features.

I agree, they are great. Gave Cyclone a much needed paint upgrade, and swapped the Batman Who Laughs Sky Tyrant Wings onto Hawkman. It REALLY puts that figure over the top. It’s a shame McFarlane didn’t just reuse those.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:15 pm

scottwerdal wrote:
Shinigami_PL wrote:Got the 3 figures I wanted from this wave. Sabbac is the clear winner in how much I'm surprised I like him. Just a beautiful sculpt with working articulation, I don't even mind the clearly human face in person.

I agree, they are great. Gave Cyclone a much needed paint upgrade, and swapped the Batman Who Laughs Sky Tyrant Wings onto Hawkman. It REALLY puts that figure over the top. It’s a shame McFarlane didn’t just reuse those.
Did the wings come packed with figures in a wave, or did they just come with BWL as a set?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:29 pm

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:15 pm
scottwerdal wrote:

Did the wings come packed with figures in a wave, or did they just come with BWL as a set?

The articulated wings were only used with BWL. While it would be cool to see them reused here, the style and sculpt don't match, Hawkman has some kinda armor on his, while the BWL wings are feathery. They haven't been reused, for whatever reason, even for Redeemer in the Spawn line.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:39 pm

Thanks. It feels like between, ManBat, NECA's Gargoyle figures, this Hawkman and a few others, wings are the next articulation hurdle for companies to innovate on.

PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:22 pm

I picked up the Dr Fate and Atom Smasher this morning at the Newburgh NY Walmart. The Fishkill NY WalMart had a few of the Mega Clayface figures for anyone looking for him.
Dr Fate -
Spoiler! :
Atom Smasher -
Spoiler! :
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:30 pm

Hawkman arrived from Amazon
Spoiler! :
And I found the McFarlane Black Adam and Cyclone yestertoday.
Black Adam -
Spoiler! :
Cyclone -Image
Spoiler! :
jaygarrick1940
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:19 am

I saw Atom Smasher on the clearance table at Walmart with a $19.97 clearance sticker on the box. The retail price is $19.97. Someone at Walmart doesn't understand clearance prices.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:03 pm

Dr. Langstrom wrote:You'll have to excuse me. I'm the typical 60 year old white man who sees his culture shrinking, and a younger generation who seems to have no respect for what came before.
Haven't read a DC Comic since the start of New 52.
As far as I'm concerned DC crapped itself by that reboot, and Marvel killed itself back at the fall of the original ",universe. " Herores Reborn" indeed.
Couldn't even enjoy the new Batman movie.......
It just seems like someone else is " playing with my toys"....
Believe me, I'm trying to do my best to accept change.
I have a 30 year old younger sister who is gay and married to her lovely wife. I've grown to accept their lifestyle, and even support lots of current "movements"..so I'm growing and adapting to this new world..
Maybe someday I'll even be able to live with a black Commissioner Gordon!!
Dr. Langstrom aka Man-Bat
I agree with you 100%. I think you’ll find, however, that many leftists today don’t want you to “do your best.” That’s not enough. Nothing is enough for some of these people. They’re fascists who preach tolerance and diversity while hating anyone who doesn’t completely accept their worldview.

It’s best to ignore those here who have attacked you. They’re idiots at best and insane at worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:08 pm

I’m on the fence with these. They look great but aren’t the classic comics versions. I might pull the trigger on Black Adam since he’s the closest. Of course, I just see Rock, which is the problem with big-name casting. I’ve always liked him, but it will be next to impossible to not just see Dwayne Johnson in expensive cosplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”