McFarlane DC Multiverse Black Adam Movie Wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse Black Adam Movie Wave

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:30 am

I don't like the obviously human face of Sabbac but I do love the rest quite a bit. I think I'm gonna give him a pair or two more of eyes and call him Trigon.

Cyclone doesn't exactly blow me away, as I know nothing about the character at all, however she has such a cool tornado piece. I'm gonna grab her once she hits discount and use the effect for Storm.

Hawkman - no complaint there. 100% buying him but I'll have to repaint the chest armor because at first I thought he was wearing a wife beater. I'm guessing that his wings don't unfold like BWL's did.

Ant-Man Deadpool Atom Smasher has a distractingly small head. Still debating whether I should go big or small. Cool superhero custom fodder potential.

Dr. Fate is a maybe. I feel about him the same way I do about the Injustice 2 design, I kinda like it and don't like it at the same time. Will decide after I see some reviews, will definitely need a repaint.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:49 pm

Links to
Black Adam

BA with Cloak

Dr. Fate

Okay, so I've decided to grab the cloakless Adam, that will most likely leave me with wanting to headswap it with something looking more like the comic BA. Really, at the very least they could've given Rock elf ears. Hopefully the Page Punchers head will fit.
Also, have to admit, it's pretty cool that the cloaked version looks closer to N52, while the one without it pays homage to classic Adam.
JOExHIGASHI
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:09 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:30 am
I don't like the obviously human face of Sabbac but I do love the rest quite a bit. I think I'm gonna give him a pair or two more of eyes and call him Trigon.

Cyclone doesn't exactly blow me away, as I know nothing about the character at all, however she has such a cool tornado piece. I'm gonna grab her once she hits discount and use the effect for Storm.

Hawkman - no complaint there. 100% buying him but I'll have to repaint the chest armor because at first I thought he was wearing a wife beater. I'm guessing that his wings don't unfold like BWL's did.

Ant-Man Deadpool Atom Smasher has a distractingly small head. Still debating whether I should go big or small. Cool superhero custom fodder potential.

Dr. Fate is a maybe. I feel about him the same way I do about the Injustice 2 design, I kinda like it and don't like it at the same time. Will decide after I see some reviews, will definitely need a repaint.
Nice puns

I have similar thoughts as you. I'm going big on Atom Smasher. Hawkman is a yes. Cyclone is a no. They definitely spent the least amount of the budget on her. Dr fate is a maybe. I might get the import if there is one. Sabbac is a probably.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:12 pm

Everyone passing on cyclone….and also disputing Todd’s “girl characters don’t sell” lol. But seriously, I’m somewhat in the same boat. Going to pick and choose. Cyclone just isn’t that eye catching of a figure. Big atom smasher for me as it’s visually more variety on the shelf.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:23 pm

Only want the basic black atom I’ll wait and see what I think of the rest of the characters when the movie comes out
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:24 pm

I’m out on the whole wave. Still doing comic only. If I start trying to fudge in movie, TV and game figures, it won’t end well (for my wallet). Hell, even Todd’s comic figures are often comic “inspired”, not comic accurate.

Anyway, these do look much better than they did in the initial jijunetoc leaks. Just not for me.
maverick10126

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:24 pm
I’m out on the whole wave. Still doing comic only. If I start trying to fudge in movie, TV and game figures, it won’t end well (for my wallet). Hell, even Todd’s comic figures are often comic “inspired”, not comic accurate.

Anyway, these do look much better than they did in the initial jijunetoc leaks. Just not for me.
If there ever was a time to break the rule…now would be it considering we are getting some JSA members and I’m pretty sure you like the JSA. I don’t know, I can’t remember, I’d have to look back a page at a previous post…but I seem to remember you mentioning the JSA ALL THE TIME lol.

Of all of them, I feel like atom smasher is the one to fudge.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:41 pm

I’m well aware we may not get much in the way of JSA down the line. I’m willing to roll those dice at this point. And truthfully, if I ever change my mind, these won’t be hard to run down.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:48 pm

Gotta say, these figures look pretty darn good. I'll wait and see how the movie turns out to grab them, though, I think. Wish The Suicide Squad had gotten the same treatment last year- Black Adam is already at, what, 8 or 9 figures, and TSS is stuck at 5.
maverick10126

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:18 pm

Yes, the suicide squad deserves a follow up wave for sure. Sadly a follow up wave isn’t likely to do all that great. All the big names were in wave 1. They are needed as an anchor.

On a somewhat related note it would be nice to get a vigilante figure.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:21 pm

JSA looks good but I won’t get them since it’s movie stuff. I’ll change my mind if Mac makes comic versions. Still have my DCUC figures for my JSA display.

Edit: on the plus side, none of these figures seem to have any annoying side eye.
VictorD10010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:51 pm

Sabbac looks cool as the character or any other demon type character
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:24 pm

I don't normally talk this way, but Sabbac looks dummy thicc. Dumps like a truck, what, what. You could rest your coffee on that hump.
Spoiler! :
jaygarrick1940
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:25 pm

I wonder if McFarlane will release unmasked Hawkman, Dr. Fate & Atom Smasher like they did with Bloodsport & Peacemaker.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:57 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:24 pm
I don't normally talk this way, but Sabbac looks dummy thicc. Dumps like a truck, what, what. You could rest your coffee on that hump.
Spoiler! :

Cue Sir Mix-A-Lot: Baby got Sabacc! :D

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”