DC Superpowers 2022

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:50 am

Well it is a toy thread about Super Powers. Are we not allowed to voice our opinions? And we are not buying the things we don’t like so……
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:59 am

sure but "i don't like it so it shouldn't exist despite the people who might" is a dumbass opinion and you should feel bad for feeling bad about it. i probably won't get into this since its 2022 and i don't need 80s-tier toys, but that one is the one that raises an eyebrow and makes me at least interested in how it turns out in this format.

but also like... this stuff already doesn't fit in with the original line due to being a different scale, so again, who cares? how self-centered do you have to be to think a toy line at mass retail for children in 2022 is supposed to cater to people nostalgic for for toys they had 30+ years ago? this is some "how dare they include modern looks in LEGENDS or CLASSICS" crying all over again
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:30 am

Personally, I do not mind modern in SP. However I have no interest in certain modern characters so I just won’t buy them like Giggle Bats. Should they still exist? Sure. Someone out there will definitely want one. In the beginning there wasn’t much to go on with this line so certain speculations were made because of the SP title. Now that more news and pics have surfaced, the focus of the line is a little more revealed.
PG-Superfan
CROM!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:37 pm

BBTS has the Super Powers-style Longbox Heroes up for preorder with Grendel, The Tick, Madman, The Rocketeer and more.

The Rocketeer gets an evil twin and Nazi-inspired Onlaught Troopers that come with an alternate officer head.
Sidetrip
Super Poseable

Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:53 pm

Saw that the Longbox figures went up. So there is a mystery figure in the 7 figure set if there are enough orders. I'm guessing Arthur to go with The Tick
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:17 pm

I really hope the mystery figure isn't Franky from the Goon. I'd hate to have to buy all those figures to get him.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:23 pm

I started a thread for these in the general area, since this thread is really about the McFarlane stuff.

That said, I'm guessing the mystery figure is Mucus Tick.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:41 pm

I think the problem with such disappointment is the uncharacteristic lack of communication from McFarlane. I, like many others, got really excited about the Super Powers name and the early pictures. I wasn't expecting reissues, but figured we would get toys to compliment our old collections along with some newer takes due to the Darkseid leak. Then we were told that the entire second wave is more modern (except possibly GL) and nobody knows what to think. It's easy to say that people are stupid to assume we would get classic toys, but what else would we expect with the Super Powers brand?

I just hope we get a fair mix of classic and modern looks. Super Powers is one of my favorite toy lines ever and I would love some toys to enhance my shelves.

Figures aside, the vehicles have me most excited right now.
quantumechanic22
I wish I had super powers

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:52 pm

Sidetrip wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:53 pm
Saw that the Longbox figures went up. So there is a mystery figure in the 7 figure set if there are enough orders. I'm guessing Arthur to go with The Tick
Thanks so much for the heads up. Love me some Tick, preordered! Anyone know if the SP figs/ vehicles have hit California yet? Most eBay listings are coming from the middle.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:53 pm

With McFarlane I think anything that's not "Batman as a tree" or "Batman as a boat" is a pleasant surprise.
MLNUT
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:33 pm

If it's not classic, it's crap.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:06 pm

MLNUT wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:33 pm
If it's not classic, it's crap.
When it comes to this line I will definitely agree.

And as for complaining about modern characters like the “haha” Bats, we as consumers are letting Todd know what
we want to spend our money on the most and ensure this line survives more than the first 2 or 3 waves like the original.

Nobody is saying any character shouldn’t exist but in a line like this they seem VERY out of place.Plus the BWL is EVERYWHERE so I’m personally sick of seeing the character.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

DC Superpowers 2022

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:11 pm

Deleted
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:21 pm

I’ve been having horrible luck with hunting lately. MOTUO has dried up at local Targets and there’s nothing out right now from McF that I want. I have preorders for figures from several lines with BBTS but who knows when those will be fulfilled.

I wasn’t expecting to find anything but there was Superman, all by himself by My Hero Academia figures. I then checked the opposite endcap on the way out of the aisle and found five Batman figures. No Darkseid or any of the vehicles.

If I decide to open these, I’ll share pics with a Batcave from eBay and a few other figures. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Superman1180
Customized

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:32 pm

Meauxses wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:21 pm
I’ve been having horrible luck with hunting lately. MOTUO has dried up at local Targets and there’s nothing out right now from McF that I want. I have preorders for figures from several lines with BBTS but who knows when those will be fulfilled.

I wasn’t expecting to find anything but there was Superman, all by himself by My Hero Academia figures. I then checked the opposite endcap on the way out of the aisle and found five Batman figures. No Darkseid or any of the vehicles.

If I decide to open these, I’ll share pics with a Batcave from eBay and a few other figures.
Glad to hear you were able to find a few. Where about are you located? I'm waiting for them to start hitting the west coast. Was this at a Walmart?

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”