DC Superpowers 2022

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:55 pm

Todd and his crew are pretty decent guerrilla marketers. I don’t get it about the preorders either, but it’s kinda fun when stuff just shows up.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:50 am

It’s fun to some people I guess. But I’m even less inclined to go to a store in the hopes of these figures being there and then not. Gas ain’t cheap nowadays so I’d rather preorder than to hunt to avoid any fruitless searches. Hopefully these are easier to find in stores if preorders are not available later.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:55 am

Yeah if I never had to go into an actual store to purchase an action figure ever again, I’d be just fine with that. “The hunt” sucks.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:37 am

I failed the last 2 days so I feel that. With Hasbro going blind box, gas prices insane, me getting old and some licensed Transformers stuff from ThreeZero or JoyToy Warhammer becoming inevitable purchases I will lean more and more to BBTS or EE if not The Pulse.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:41 am

OfficialJihad wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:19 pm
Ro-El wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:18 pm
What’s strange to me is no one had any preorders for these? These just went straight to retailer shelves? These are not exclusives right?
Exactly! We only knew these were coming due to a leaked list, but McFarlane hasn’t released any promotional pictures, no videos announcing them or even preorder links. They’ve just been popping up in toy aisles.
The surprise factor of walking into a Walmart, not being a member of the toy community and seeing these for the first time on shelves would absolutely BLOW MY MIND as a long time Super Powers fan but I don’t have Walmarts to peruse daily or weekly around me so it wouldn’t happen.
I’m all for these being a 1 or 2 month Walmart exclusive as long as they are available for mass release to online retailers shortly after.

Hate the Batman Who Hee Hees so not happy with him being in Wave 2 but the others should be great.

A transparent Green Lantern ship with Abin Sur variant would be cool too
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:48 am

I’m not enamored with “the hunt” either, but it’s better than artist proof figures showing up.

Honestly, I’ve been having good luck at GameStop and a little toy store in town. Brickseek actually worked for me last week for Superwoman. My overall luck has been pretty shitty with Target and Wal-Mart. But my luck with preorders isn’t great either. Delays, cancellations, product showing up in stores weeks before preorders ship. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

All in all, the Multiverse figures have been easy to find. Easier by far than my beloved DCUC.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:05 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:49 pm
Sorry for the double post, tni got a list of potential wave 2 figures:
15768 Dc Direct - Super Powers 5In Figures Wv2 - Green Lantern John Stewart 787926157680
15772 Dc Direct - Super Powers 5In Figures Wv2 - The Batman Who Laughs 787926157727
15773 Dc Direct - Super Powers 5In Figures Wv2 - Dc Rebirth The Flash 787926157734
Loving the look of these thus far but why oh why the Batman who laughs........dross

I will be passing on that one but GL and Flash I a sure will be purchases.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:35 am

These are showing up on YouTube here and there. I checked a local store today and found nothing. Sadly, the scalpers in our small city wipe the shelves clean of anything worthwhile. I'm hoping to find these in stores but await the (possible) option of ordering them on WalMart's site.

Speaking of scalpers, how many of you have small toy shops in your area that are clearly stocked by scalpers pillaging pegs and shelves? I hate giving these kinds of people money on eBay but even more so in person. I'd like to think they're ordering a lot of it from online retailers but the abundance of Walgreen's and WalMart exclusives indicates otherwise.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:36 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
I’m not enamored with “the hunt” either, but it’s better than artist proof figures showing up.

Honestly, I’ve been having good luck at GameStop and a little toy store in town. Brickseek actually worked for me last week for Superwoman. My overall luck has been pretty shitty with Target and Wal-Mart. But my luck with preorders isn’t great either. Delays, cancellations, product showing up in stores weeks before preorders ship. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

All in all, the Multiverse figures have been easy to find. Easier by far than my beloved DCUC.
Tommy, are you going to bite on Darkseid and The Man Who Laughs? I know more recent looks are your thing, but I'm not sure if you're interested in the scale.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:48 am

It’s all true.net has pictures of hush Batman

batprofessor
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:00 am

That Batman looks great! A natural evolution from the original. I cannot wait to get my hands on these.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:16 am

Out of the box, the figures are great. The capes leave a bit to be desired…cheap dollar store toy material. The plastic tie they used to secure the capes to the plastic bubble leaves a noticeable hole in the cape…lame. The neck clip is a great throwback, at least.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:30 am

Meauxses wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:36 am
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:

Tommy, are you going to bite on Darkseid and The Man Who Laughs? I know more recent looks are your thing, but I'm not sure if you're interested in the scale.
Naw. No shrinky dinks for me. Never cared about anything smaller than DCD.

As for the toy store in town, sadly he does get some scalpers coming through, but for the most part, he uses EE and BBTS for new figures and Pops.
4LOTT
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:57 am

featofstrength wrote:
Out of the box, the figures are great. The capes leave a bit to be desired…cheap dollar store toy material. The plastic tie they used to secure the capes to the plastic bubble leaves a noticeable hole in the cape…lame. The neck clip is a great throwback, at least.
Is the cape quality similar to the Batman ‘66 figures or worse?
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:54 pm

4LOTT wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:57 am
featofstrength wrote:
Is the cape quality similar to the Batman ‘66 figures or worse?
Worse…more stiff

Aw man, the Batman Who Laughs?! What a wasted spot! Deflates my excitement about the line just a bit

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”