how many batman figures do you have?

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: how many batman figures do you have?

Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:38 am

My guess is around 30 or so? Maybe I'll get a pic of all of them together. I know which one is my favorite and it's a sleeper pick for sure.
Scissors
HULK SMASH!

Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:24 pm

I have.... three Batman, namely the DCSH S3 Bats (who is on my nightstand), the DCUC 5-pack (Black and Gray - my main display), and the DCUC Young Justice one (who is standing next to my Batmobile).

I'm the type of collector who only wants one representation of each character; I'm always aiming for a broader universe than deeper. With that in mind, the fact that I have more than one Batman makes him special. In fact, the only other characters I have multiple figures of are Iron Man, Wolverine and Spider-Man, but it's not by choice and none of their variant looks are on displays, which means Batman is still the special case for me.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:55 am

Before I moved out I probably had about 50 Batman figures. But now I’m down to about half that. And that’s just for Batman variants. I still have a fair number of supporting characters and rogues gallery figs but it’s all over the map. I’ve got Mafex Hush, DKR, Essentials, Neca, DCD/DCC Batman animated figs and then a smattering of older figures from Mattel and DCD, that really serves no other purpose in my collection other than to build up a Batman Anthology/Retrospective in figure form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:35 am

From Mezco I have

There are a few duplicates and a couple kitbashes that aren’t in that display
I have some from Kenner,Mattel, DC collectibles
, Mcfarlane,Mafex, SH Figuarts, Neca
So I guess a few :)
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:23 pm

I've lost count. A bunch from Mafex (movie and comic), Mezco, Multiverse (Mcfarlane and Mattel), DCUC, DC Direct/Collectibles, etc.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:51 am

At a super-quick count of my room and not counting a few hundred in storage, I have a little over 700 Batman action figures on display in my office currently (not including a few hundred Funko Pops and a couple dozen lego, minimates, Kubricks, and vinyl toys.)

Those are just Bruce Waynes, and not counting Dark Multiverse Batmen. No double figures in the count, as I don't buy multiples of the same figure.
panther10

Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:31 am

Rex Mason wrote:At a super-quick count of my room and not counting a few hundred in storage, I have a little over 700 Batman action figures on display in my office currently (not including a few hundred Funko Pops and a couple dozen lego, minimates, Kubricks, and vinyl toys.)

Those are just Bruce Waynes, and not counting Dark Multiverse Batmen. No double figures in the count, as I don't buy multiples of the same figure.
Geez 700 Batman in your collection alone? I think I’ve maybe had about 65 when my Batman collection was at its peak in the 90’s to mid 2000’s

Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:10 am

panther10 wrote:
Rex Mason wrote:At a super-quick count of my room and not counting a few hundred in storage, I have a little over 700 Batman action figures on display in my office currently (not including a few hundred Funko Pops and a couple dozen lego, minimates, Kubricks, and vinyl toys.)

Geez 700 Batman in your collection alone? I think I’ve maybe had about 65 when my Batman collection was at its peak in the 90’s to mid 2000’s

Yeah, that's what 33 years of bat-collecting can do to a person. I blame Michael Keaton and Tim Burton.
panther10

Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:22 am

Rex Mason wrote:
panther10 wrote:

Yeah, that's what 33 years of bat-collecting can do to a person. I blame Michael Keaton and Tim Burton.
I’ve been collecting Batman for the same amount of time as you. But I guess the fact that I steered clear from 90% of the crazier bat variants during the 1990’s kept my collection pretty small while yours just ballooned. I do have about 500 Batman books in my collection though. Mostly in the form of graphic novels, trades and hardcovers. But I envy the size of your collection. I’d love to just see it up close one day. Do you keep a lot of them boxed or on card?

Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:12 am

13, which is about double of what I thought I had.

1 Mafex (blue & grey Hush version)
4 TAS (they packed in a regular Batman with everything)
1 TNBA
2 Beyond (Old Man Bruce & Terry)
5 Mezco (1 Ascending, 2 Sovereigns, 1 Supreme, and 1 Beyond)

Out of all them I'd have to say the Mafex one is my least favorite.

EDIT: 15, actually. Forgot I had the standard blue & grey editions of both versions of Sideshow's 1/6th figures.
panther10

how many batman figures do you have?

Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:29 pm

panther10 wrote:
Rex Mason wrote:
panther10 wrote:

I’ve been collecting Batman for the same amount of time as you. But I guess the fact that I steered clear from 90% of the crazier bat variants during the 1990’s kept my collection pretty small while yours just ballooned. I do have about 500 Batman books in my collection though. Mostly in the form of graphic novels, trades and hardcovers. But I envy the size of your collection. I’d love to just see it up close one day. Do you keep a lot of them boxed or on card?

It just occurred to me too that if that Batman YTB website is still up, I should probably cruise over to their archive and see if I could tally up all the figures that I had from past to present.

Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:08 pm

panther10 wrote:
Rex Mason wrote:
panther10 wrote:

Thanks. I'm happy I finally have space to display them. They were in storage tubs for way too long.

And no, I open all of mine right away. They stay on my desk for a week or two, and then they get put on my shelves (which have little to no room these days...).

I used to collect all the non-canon variants, but stopped that around the time of Batman Beyond. That line killed any enthusiasm I had for being a completist, since almost none of figures were from the show. So now I stick to variants from the various source materials (comics/movies/cartoons/games), and don't buy the gold variants and such. I'm being more selective these days due to space, so I'm skipping most of the maskless McFarlane versions, too.
panther10

Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:48 pm

Rex Mason wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Rex Mason wrote: Yeah, that's what 33 years of bat-collecting can do to a person. I blame Michael Keaton and Tim Burton.

Thanks. I'm happy I finally have space to display them. They were in storage tubs for way too long.

And no, I open all of mine right away. They stay on my desk for a week or two, and then they get put on my shelves (which have little to no room these days...).

I used to collect all the non-canon variants, but stopped that around the time of Batman Beyond. That line killed any enthusiasm I had for being a completist, since almost none of figures were from the show. So now I stick to variants from the various source materials (comics/movies/cartoons/games), and don't buy the gold variants and such. I'm being more selective these days due to space, so I'm skipping most of the maskless McFarlane versions, too.
Yeah I didn’t collect a lot of the TNBA figs, Batman Beyond or Ninja Batman lineups or the unjustifiably crazy repaint lines like World of Batman or Spectrum of the Bat. The only toy lines I got into when I was a kid was Batman Returns, BTAS, Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, Total Justice, Legends of Batman, LoTDK, DCSH (Hasbro) and the JLA lines

As an adult once Mattel and DC Direct took over I was into Hush, Return of Super
Girl, Silver Age, Superfriends, CoIE, Identity Crisis, Enemies Among US, Batman and Son, TNBA/BTAS, DC Batman Incorporated, Designer series (Capullo) and Essentials.For Mattel I collected Batman, DCSH, DCUC and Batman Legacy.

For everything post Mattel I just have the DC/Dark Horse Batman 2-packs with Joker Alien and Predator from Neca toys. I also have the 89 Batman from Mezco..

It sounds like a lot when I break it down from wave to wave. But I honestly would only buy 1-3 Batman figs from each line and then move on. So I only had between 65-70 figures in total growing up.

ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:53 am

Well I just bought my third Three Jokers Batman. LOVE this figure and wanted an extra or 2 while I can see the QC in person and keep at least one MIB. I will buy as many or more of Rebirth Batman and the others coming this spring.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”