Todd and the Justice League.

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Todd and the Justice League.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:09 pm

Well the guy spearheading this (Josh Williamson) has pretty much come out and said that there won’t be a Justice League title “for a while”. Which I’d assume means Jon, Jace, Yara and the others aren’t forming a team immediately. They will likely take over the mantles of their predecessors, but I’d also like to see some of the second and third stringers step up. My favorite Wonder Woman is actually Artemis. Almost the entire Gotham crew could use more “screen time”. And I’d love to see more of Conner and John Henry Irons on the Super side of things.

It’s interesting that Wally and Hal have somehow escaped this impending doom. Barry is already MIA.

And yeah, I’d buy any of the figures I’d mentioned above.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:32 pm

Bashbash99 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:30 pm
Eh, doesn't seem like Todd is doing too badly. To my mind, we've gotten classic-ish versions of Supes, Bats, GL, Flash, and i guess Doc Fate... with Martian Manhunter and Aquaman coming. The main glaring hole is a classic-ish Wonder Woman (oddly WW 84 is the closest). I'd probably like to see them make Green Arrow, Black Canary, the Hawks, Red Tornado, Zatanna, and Firestorm.

But i can understand if some people prefer to wait for more classic versions of Fate, Manhunter, etc. however good enough for me.
I think Todd's doing an amazing job and as mentioned elsewhere in this forum he's the guy to support - smaller privately owned company with an artist in charge. It's amazing seeing so many unique and detailed figures. Just b/c they are not the figures YOU (not actually you Bashbash) want doesn't mean we aren't getting riches in this line! That's where the negativity annoys me, but I can take it since it means I actually have a comic line I care about enough to defend/collect again.

But yeah, Lobo, Superman villains, Endless Winter, Blackest Knight, Crime Syndicate.....shit what more can you ask!! A comic Darkseid, Deathstroke and Hawks are MIA but you gotta figure they're coming.

I just hope some refreshing ideas are on the way from the publishing end. Because if this is an attempt to force readership to flock to the replacement heroes that are mostly seen as Identity-pandering then it's another nail in the coffin. (don't shoot the messenger)
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:01 pm

ditko wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:32 pm
I just hope some refreshing ideas are on the way from the publishing end. Because if this is an attempt to force readership to flock to the replacement heroes that are mostly seen as Identity-pandering then it's another nail in the coffin. (don't shoot the messenger)
Yep. I still buy at least 20 comics a month (all DC), and the publishing end is getting frustrating. Yeah, there’s some identity stuff going on, but that’s not the half of it. Two years ago, DC had the most talented core group of writers in all of comics. And now, they don’t. How does Geoff Johns disappear from your lineup for over a year? Just one of several.

Then there are the books themselves. Many not set in the mainstream continuity. And it’s not just stuff like DC vs Vampires or Dark Knights of Steel, but things like Justice League: Last Ride and lots of other titles. There’s also a distinct lack of ongoing monthly titles in favor of lots of limited series. And the over reliance on Batman has gotten absurd.

My hope is that DC staff and freelancers were unprepared for the firing of DiDio and the subsequent scrapping of 5G/G5, paired with the editorial bloodbath that they just didn’t have projects ready to go. The last year has been vamping, and after April, tons of new, in continuity, ongoing titles start up. Comic rant over.

Well except for the fact that I’m very much looking forward to Dark Knights of Steel figures.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Todd and the Justice League.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:17 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:Neither. I’m suggesting this is a good time for Todd to make Justice League figures. Jesus. Are you always so hostile and condescending?
Yes, he is. He’s one of, if not THE biggest #%!^ on these boards.

I want a Morrison JLA. Just need Kyle and Wally and Diana. The rest can be modded from existing figures, except for Superman Blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:34 am

😘

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”