DC General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:57 pm

heman008 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:08 pm
Shazam is in stock on Walmart! Ordering one right now!

Go Tommy Go!
Must be local.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:07 pm

I always see folks mentioning there is a green, yellow, and red version of this Tim Drake Robin coming. Has there actually been pics of this figure, or are people just assuming that based on the sculpt of the current Amazon Gold Label figure where you can tell he has sleeves sculpted on?
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:30 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:07 pm
I always see folks mentioning there is a green, yellow, and red version of this Tim Drake Robin coming. Has there actually been pics of this figure, or are people just assuming that based on the sculpt of the current Amazon Gold Label figure where you can tell he has sleeves sculpted on?
Because of the sleeves -- and the boots and gloves, which all have 90s details.

Hopefully the 90s version gets a new cape and belt for accuracy.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:33 pm

Just assumptions based on the sculpt thus far. Though based on other figures found before Todd announced them, I would bet on it.
geoffdude
Customized

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:50 pm

Who still wants Tim any more anyway after what DC did to him?
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:56 pm

geoffdude wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:50 pm
Who still wants Tim any more anyway after what DC did to him?
I applaud them making him bisexual if that's what you're talking about.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:34 am

Who is still reading comics? Anytime I pick one up I’m reminded why I don’t waste my time or money anymore.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:15 am

Ya gotta kinda pick and choose what ya read. Tim Drake got his own ongoing comic for the first time in years starting last week. I’d be lying if I said the bisexual thing didn’t bother me a bit, but that’s not the half of it. The book is written by some no-talent halfwit named Megan Fitzmartin and drawn by a guy that I just can’t fathom can make a living as a professional artist named Riley Rossmo. Currently the talent free Megan is attempting to deconstruct the Peter David Young Justice series from the 90’s in a YJ mini series connected to Dark Crisis. Rossmo is so bad I wanna pour bleach in my eyes. It’s like they set this book up to fail.
jaygarrick1940
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:25 am

I slowly lost interest during the New 52 and it really dwindled after Rebirth. I just couldn't connect with the characters I used to read, they weren't the same characters. I got tired of the reboots every other month and everyone seemed to be writing about dopplegangers on another earth. They would have plans and then book would run late and nothing worked out right. I haven't bought any comics for a couple of years now after 40 years of enjoying DC Comics, I don't even recognize them anymore. I like the obsure characters like Metamorpho, Booster Gold, Steel, All-Star Squadron - I'm tired of only Superman, Batman or Flash. If something looks itneresting, I will read it online - but it's usually a skim through.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:43 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Ya gotta kinda pick and choose what ya read. Tim Drake got his own ongoing comic for the first time in years starting last week. I’d be lying if I said the bisexual thing didn’t bother me a bit, but that’s not the half of it. The book is written by some no-talent halfwit named Megan Fitzmartin and drawn by a guy that I just can’t fathom can make a living as a professional artist named Riley Rossmo. Currently the talent free Megan is attempting to deconstruct the Peter David Young Justice series from the 90’s in a YJ mini series connected to Dark Crisis. Rossmo is so bad I wanna pour bleach in my eyes. It’s like they set this book up to fail.
So if you don't like a person's work, they're a "halfwit"? Judge the work all you want, but tacking on a personal insult because you don't like a comic book says more about you than those you're criticizing. It also automatically delegitimizes everything else you've got to say on the matter.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:50 am

I'm enjoying more comics now than I have since the New 52 started. The old continuity that I've loved for decades is back, and there's a lot of fun books out there right now.

Batman and Batman: The Knight are both great and feel cinematic and impactful, everything Tom Taylor writes is super fun (Nightwing hasn't been this good since the early Dixon days), the DC vs. Vampires books are captivating, Human Target is fantastic, Catwoman: Lonely City is easily one of the best Catwoman comics ever written, Poison Ivy feels like a great vintage 90's Vertigo title, and World's Finest is capturing that old DC Waid magic.

Great time to be a DC fan, honestly, and too much good stuff to dwell on the bad.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:53 am

I like rossmos art. Especially the work on the more recent batman/shadow crossover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:13 am

I’m not supposed to admit this, but I love event series. I also love books dealing with or set in DC’s Multiverse.

Beyond that, I tend to follow writers. Johns, Waid, Williamson, King, Taylor, etc. These jokers DiDio hired for Generation 5 were brought it because most of the regular DC writers refused G5 assignments. Most of them were prepping their exits from DC after their contracts were up. No one thought G5 was a good idea, but dandy Dan was pushing forward anyway. It ultimately got him fired.

Whatever happens is January, it’s been building since DiDio was let go in February of 2020. Lots of stories to get to this point. Death Metal started in June of 2020. Plenty of time for Snyder and Capullo to cut Dan's influence from the book. Followed up with Future State, Generations, Infinite Frontier, and Justice League Incarnate, leading into Dark Crisis with a parallel event running called Flashpoint Beyond. Dark Crisis ends in December. January should be interesting.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:29 am

Rex Mason wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:43 am
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
So if you don't like a person's work, they're a "halfwit"? Judge the work all you want, but tacking on a personal insult because you don't like a comic book says more about you than those you're criticizing. It also automatically delegitimizes everything else you've got to say on the matter.
She’s a halfwit for believing she can fix Peter David’s Young Justice run. Or for even believing it needed to be fixed in the first place.
Rex Mason wrote: I'm enjoying more comics now than I have since the New 52 started. The old continuity that I've loved for decades is back, and there's a lot of fun books out there right now.

Batman and Batman: The Knight are both great and feel cinematic and impactful, everything Tom Taylor writes is super fun (Nightwing hasn't been this good since the early Dixon days), the DC vs. Vampires books are captivating, Human Target is fantastic, Catwoman: Lonely City is easily one of the best Catwoman comics ever written, Poison Ivy feels like a great vintage 90's Vertigo title, and World's Finest is capturing that old DC Waid magic.

Great time to be a DC fan, honestly, and too much good stuff to dwell on the bad.
Completely agree with you. Nightwing is astounding. DC vs Vampires couldn’t be better. I love DCeased and Dark Knights of Steel is nearly as good. Batman/Detective are both firing on all eight. It’s rare when they both do at the same time. And what else can be said about the incredible White Knight series? JSA returns next month and I think that’s just scratching the surface. It’s a very good time to be a DC fan.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:19 am

I loved tynions detective run. That was one of the better tim drake stories imo.

Got half of the Grundy wave. I know Batman is mostly re-use but that head alone just makes the figure excellent. I still might swap in the 3J thighs and try to find an arm solution but overall I’m happy with him.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”