DC General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
User avatar
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:22 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:56 pm

I found a lone Shazam in Colorado yesterday.
User avatar
CFFJR
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:06 pm

Chooch wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:56 pm
I found a lone Shazam in Colorado yesterday.
Whoa, really? Are you willing to share where? I'm in Colorado.

If not, that's cool, I'm already glad to know I can start looking in earnest again. I had run out of patience and stopped checking! Walmart gets exhausting.

Glad you found him!
User avatar
toydollz
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:17 pm

VictorD10010 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:42 pm
It would be a lot of spider man and venom :D
I always say it would be cool to get the 90s "wacky" scuba/parachute/night vision versions, but now that I've started with the Multiverse line, I found out my patience for that's pretty thin. Give me breadth, not depth. Thirty different Batmans are too many, in my book.
User avatar
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Poland
Posts: 7858
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:20 pm

30 different Batmen means that everyone can find a version they like, not that one person should compulsively buy all of them.
User avatar
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:27 pm

seditionary wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:17 am
In theory its a $20 unique sculpt figure and a $30 dollar vehicle.

And good on McFarlane taking on other toy manufacturers like this.

Todd toys is ‘out to blast the competition’ from day one after all.

https://youtu.be/5mP2rWGh_lw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the sculpt unique? Isn't this the same figure DM Batman that was released standalone?
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5714
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:40 pm

sephiroth61787 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:27 pm
seditionary wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:17 am
In theory its a $20 unique sculpt figure and a $30 dollar vehicle.

And good on McFarlane taking on other toy manufacturers like this.

Todd toys is ‘out to blast the competition’ from day one after all.

https://youtu.be/5mP2rWGh_lw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the sculpt unique? Isn't this the same figure DM Batman that was released standalone?
Yes it’s a repack but it’s also a figure that has limited repack options. I think that’s the point that was being made. Hasbro can repack parts from the ghost rider figure over and over again.
User avatar
toydollz
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:56 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:20 pm
30 different Batmen means that everyone can find a version they like, not that one person should compulsively buy all of them.
You could probably do that with ten. Then again, I don't know if there's even a "definitive" Batman these days with all his various chest emblems.

It's the opposite problem I had with Hasbro and Spider-Man. They barely had one or two floating around at any point when they should have kept the version on the retro card in print all the time. Release it in every wave... it will always sell out. Always. The 60th Anniv. sort of solved it, but I know it'll go back to the same issue next year.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1423
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:10 pm

I think the "too many Batmen" was partly a byproduct of Metal tie-ins and Rebirth using Flashpoint Batman so heavily.

We didn't even get two Snyder Cut Batmen or a proper unmasked The Batman Bruce Wayne.

Most of Batmen were alternate reality Batmen and now that that's settled down, we're getting other villains in their place, even if it's mostly Batman villains.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: The Valley, SoCal
Posts: 5551
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:45 pm

Looking for Kyle and co. at Target and instead found a peg full of Ocean Masters. Arguably cooler, for me at least.
User avatar
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:45 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:48 pm

anybody know when we might see Balent Catwoman?
User avatar
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Mostly my couch
Posts: 2967
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:53 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:00 pm

Just curious for those who have found the shipper at Target if PopFindr shows the Black Adam with throne in-stock. With Black Adam being the only one in the shipper we have the TCIN for, maybe that's the best way to search for it? Unless someone has the TCIN for Kyle and Deathstroke too that is.
User avatar
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:09 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:40 pm
sephiroth61787 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:27 pm
seditionary wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:17 am
In theory its a $20 unique sculpt figure and a $30 dollar vehicle.

And good on McFarlane taking on other toy manufacturers like this.

Todd toys is ‘out to blast the competition’ from day one after all.

https://youtu.be/5mP2rWGh_lw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the sculpt unique? Isn't this the same figure DM Batman that was released standalone?
Yes it’s a repack but it’s also a figure that has limited repack options. I think that’s the point that was being made. Hasbro can repack parts from the ghost rider figure over and over again.
I thought that there may have been some sort of new paint or something on it. I'd say the Batmobeast had very limited repack options as well, but he found a way. We all assumed it would be a one and done.
User avatar
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NYC
Posts: 3604
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:24 pm

Yeah, exactly. I bought that figure to go with the batskull-cycle even though I don’t really have interest in it. The sculpting on that figure is pretty wild.

I have nothing against re-use usually. But it has an impact on what value I perceive an item as having.

This monster truck and batman are an incredible deal imo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Evil Monkey Pope
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1028
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:45 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:38 pm

The average turnaround time for action figure production is about a year. I highly doubt McFarlane can crank them out much faster than that. It's more likely that they just don't officially reveal the figures until they're ready to ship. It's an illusion of speed. So the Batmobeast set was planned months in advance, not just cooked up on the spur of the moment to troll Hasbro. I'm sure Todd's happy to take advantage of the opportunity but it's coincidence. While the Ghost Rider HasLab is overpriced, it'd also be brand new tooling for the vehicle & figure. So a mass market repainted vehicle & figure set being more affordable isn't unexpected.

Where are all the Ocean Master photos?
User avatar
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:22 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:59 pm

CFFJR wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:06 pm
Chooch wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:56 pm
I found a lone Shazam in Colorado yesterday.
Whoa, really? Are you willing to share where? I'm in Colorado.

If not, that's cool, I'm already glad to know I can start looking in earnest again. I had run out of patience and stopped checking! Walmart gets exhausting.

Glad you found him!
It was the Walmart on Ralston Road in Arvada, but it came home with me. I did just walk by 3 Dark Flashes at the Lakeside Walmart 10 minutes ago.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”