McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Magnuz
Tyrant
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:39 am

Super Camel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:00 am
In a weird development, after being delayed almost a week on Wal-Mart's website, my AzBat figure now says, "On Its Way". However, there is no tracking number or place to click for any kind of tracking. The option to cancel the item is gone now though. So, hopefully it really will be shipping out soon.

I really expected it to get cancelled. But I don't have it yet so, I will continue to assume I'm not getting it until it's in my hands.
As far as I know azbats and parallax are not shipping from Walmart.com, any orders made are from local stores directly and are either pick up or delivery from the store.

So if it's on its way it means a driver has picked it up and is bringing it to you today from a local store, not shipping via a mail carrier.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:00 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Meauxses wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:24 am
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:Gotta say, last few days have been a blast. Between two awesome reveals and getting 10 new Multiverse figures, this is getting to be a lot of fun. Particularly from where I personally started when this line was first announced. So I got…

Kyle Rayner from Target. I’m not the world’s biggest Green Lantern fan, but I’ll buy up the GLs of Earth. Maybe we do get an eventual Morrison JLA.

Parallax. Overpaid but got him Saturday. Forgot what a [email protected]$$ Parallax was. He destroyed the GLC, reordered time in Zero Hour, and reignited the sun to redeem himself.

AzBats. Found him at Wal Mart this morning. I may have to actually read Knightfall this figure is so good.

Booster/Beetle. Although clear goggles woulda been great, these are fine. These two look like they walked out of a comic.

Bane is the best deluxe figure so far.

Deathstroke is a lean mean killing’ machine. Glad we got the weapons pack.

Batrocitus. Throwaway character, but in the context of Death Metal, he’s great.

Speeding Bullets. Love this figure. Need more Elseworlds.

Future State Superman. Perfect. Superman as a gladiator/freedom fighter.

Scarecrow is on the way. Be here this Thursday. Ocean Master has been preordered. Corrected Hush Batman doesn’t seem to be available on this continent. Thought I was gonna get a break with the Arkham wave being introduced and these two Gold Labels start showing up in the wild yesterday.

Good times.
I’m glad you’re enjoying this so much. I remember your frustration when the line was announced. It’s definitely come a long way for me now that we’re getting more deep cuts and less Batman/Capullo stuff. If we get a classic Cap Marvel and Kyle to go with J’onn, I may have to quit one of the other lines I collect to afford it all. If McFarlane does late/early 90s Wally in his shiny suit with white eyes and accurate bolts, I might die of happiness.
My feeling is that if Frankenstein is indeed on the way, a lot more things are possible than we thought. However, reality plays a hand too. 1)DC (and all of WB) is under new management. I doubt the new owners will micromanage a successful product line, but they can set a new tone and direction if they desire. 2)DC itself, independent of corporate changes, is again in the midst of a reality altering storyline. Changes in the DCU on the other side of Dark Crisis could also impact character selection if DC wants Todd to reflect that. Comics have been the main source material for DC Multiverse. I’m pretty happy about that. But I expect even more comic accurate looks as DC’s slate of TV shows and movies gets overhauled.

I’d not be overly surprised to see this line go in a more concurrent direction with the comics starting next year. Ya gotta remember, whatever happens coming out of Dark Crisis has been in the works since Dan DiDio got fired in 2020. And barring any major changes coming from the new owners, this will be the new normal in the DCU for quite a while. And I’d also like to say I’m not advocating this. Just raising the possibility. It’s happened before at DCD and Mattel.
True. Rich Johnston is saying the Omniverse idea may be out the window and replaced by the pre-COIE Multiverse. If that meant books set on various Earths, including a pre-COIE Superman book by Mark Waid, I’d be all in. I’m not getting my hopes up, though. I’ve been burned too many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:02 am

PharOOO wrote:Finally found some pictures of Bane with the harness removed.

Unfortunately, it's way too much work to customize for someone who's never done anything more than a simple head-swap.

Oh well. The additional harness is starting to grow on me, sort of.
Getting a MODOK/Arnim Zola vibe.

Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:28 am

Meauxses wrote:
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Meauxses wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:24 am
I’m glad you’re enjoying this so much. I remember your frustration when the line was announced. It’s definitely come a long way for me now that we’re getting more deep cuts and less Batman/Capullo stuff. If we get a classic Cap Marvel and Kyle to go with J’onn, I may have to quit one of the other lines I collect to afford it all. If McFarlane does late/early 90s Wally in his shiny suit with white eyes and accurate bolts, I might die of happiness.
My feeling is that if Frankenstein is indeed on the way, a lot more things are possible than we thought. However, reality plays a hand too. 1)DC (and all of WB) is under new management. I doubt the new owners will micromanage a successful product line, but they can set a new tone and direction if they desire. 2)DC itself, independent of corporate changes, is again in the midst of a reality altering storyline. Changes in the DCU on the other side of Dark Crisis could also impact character selection if DC wants Todd to reflect that. Comics have been the main source material for DC Multiverse. I’m pretty happy about that. But I expect even more comic accurate looks as DC’s slate of TV shows and movies gets overhauled.

I’d not be overly surprised to see this line go in a more concurrent direction with the comics starting next year. Ya gotta remember, whatever happens coming out of Dark Crisis has been in the works since Dan DiDio got fired in 2020. And barring any major changes coming from the new owners, this will be the new normal in the DCU for quite a while. And I’d also like to say I’m not advocating this. Just raising the possibility. It’s happened before at DCD and Mattel.
True. Rich Johnston is saying the Omniverse idea may be out the window and replaced by the pre-COIE Multiverse. If that meant books set on various Earths, including a pre-COIE Superman book by Mark Waid, I’d be all in. I’m not getting my hopes up, though. I’ve been burned too many times.
My read on the whole thing is a bit different. Kinda thought that the new Omniverse and the old pre Crisis Multiverse would exist side by side. Plus Hypertime.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:43 am

Magnuz wrote:
Super Camel wrote:
In a weird development, after being delayed almost a week on Wal-Mart's website, my AzBat figure now says, "On Its Way". However, there is no tracking number or place to click for any kind of tracking. The option to cancel the item is gone now though. So, hopefully it really will be shipping out soon.

I really expected it to get cancelled. But I don't have it yet so, I will continue to assume I'm not getting it until it's in my hands.
As far as I know azbats and parallax are not shipping from Walmart.com, any orders made are from local stores directly and are either pick up or delivery from the store.

So if it's on its way it means a driver has picked it up and is bringing it to you today from a local store, not shipping via a mail carrier.
Really? Hadn't heard that. But however they want to get it to me, I'll take it. I wonder if that was the case recently with my Super Powers Batman, Superman, and Batwing order? Because when they came, they were just in normal grey Wal-Mart bags with a sticker slapped on the bag. No cardboard shipping box, just the same bags you'd get at checkout in a store lol.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:44 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Meauxses wrote:
Tommy Tomorrow wrote: My feeling is that if Frankenstein is indeed on the way, a lot more things are possible than we thought. However, reality plays a hand too. 1)DC (and all of WB) is under new management. I doubt the new owners will micromanage a successful product line, but they can set a new tone and direction if they desire. 2)DC itself, independent of corporate changes, is again in the midst of a reality altering storyline. Changes in the DCU on the other side of Dark Crisis could also impact character selection if DC wants Todd to reflect that. Comics have been the main source material for DC Multiverse. I’m pretty happy about that. But I expect even more comic accurate looks as DC’s slate of TV shows and movies gets overhauled.

My read on the whole thing is a bit different. Kinda thought that the new Omniverse and the old pre Crisis Multiverse would exist side by side. Plus Hypertime.
That was what I thought as well but Johnston said otherwise. Not that he’s always right by far.

Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:27 am

Meauxses wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:44 am
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Meauxses wrote:
That was what I thought as well but Johnston said otherwise. Not that he’s always right by far.
If I’m being honest, I trust Josh Williamson. Hardly anything he writes that I don’t enjoy. Reminds me of Geoff Johns when he was the shot caller. Whatever we get out of Dark Crisis, I feel like it will expand the boundaries of the DCU in a good way.

EDIT: If I’m being even more honest, I’d love Todd to follow this event series with figures. Infinite Frontier to Justice League Incarnate to Dark Crisis and it’s various specials and crossovers. Good opportunity for some JSA, some more Multiverse characters, a new Nightwing and more. Much more.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:46 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:30 pm
nice review, so shazam is base on the rebirth look that's cool. if i find him i'll pick him up for my league set up. black flash is creepy and awesome, good luck finding the variants that's going to be a pain to hunt.
In Toy Shiz's review of Shazam and Dark Flash, he mentioned he had it on good authority that right now, it was just the ONE head, not another Robin Crows situation.

He's gotten some stuff from Uncle Todd directly for review, so he might have some legit sources there.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:38 am

wouldn't be the first time a mcfarlane figure didn't match up with the proto image, though this is a little different than previous cases
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:24 am

Since Todd loves armor, he should make this Catwoman:
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:09 am

Super Camel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:43 am
Magnuz wrote:
Super Camel wrote:

Really? Hadn't heard that. But however they want to get it to me, I'll take it. I wonder if that was the case recently with my Super Powers Batman, Superman, and Batwing order? Because when they came, they were just in normal grey Wal-Mart bags with a sticker slapped on the bag. No cardboard shipping box, just the same bags you'd get at checkout in a store lol.
Yes that's a delivery from store, its like Uber eats or anything else, a third party driver is picking up an order for you from a local store and dropping it at your door.
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:58 pm

Adding to how and when Walmart ships AzBats...

I refreshed the web page for Azbats almost hourly for several days. Finally, one morning around 6:30 am, the usual "not available" was replace with a "buy" button. Which I immediately hit! The site told me Azbats would be delivered that same day, which I did not believe for a moment. I knew that all my local stores had them in the back, but none had been put on the floor yet.

By midnight, I got the email "your order is delayed." I assumed that was a precursor to cancellation. But 24 hours later, it shipped! But NOT from the local stores. According to tracking, it shipped from a location two hours away. I do not know if that was a store or a warehouse. Could have been either. Ultimately, AzBats did arrive via FedEx.

The next day, I checked the site again, and the buy button was back,. I ordered another, for a custom project. Same deal. By midnight, it was delayed. But this time, 24 hours later, it was straight up cancelled.

Walmart is garbage, through and through. No idea or care about what they are doing.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:19 pm

My Parallax came from upstate New York. I live in Virginia. Ordered on Thursday, arrived on Monday. Was originally supposed to be overnight.
markhamknight
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:11 pm

Collect-to-Build Arkham City Solomon Grundy Revealed!

joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:26 pm

I'm really happy with the Arkham City wave. Granted, I'm biased because I love the Arkham designs so much, but it looks great. Even Grundy, who I was probably the most skeptical about. He doesn't look *that* different from the old DC Direct figure, but he looks good. I guess I'd have to see him next to the figures to determine how he scales, since the old one was such a towering beast of a figure, and if his chest piece is removable like the old one. If it is, I hope it's easier to get to stay on; the old one never quite stuck correctly, so I just displayed him without it (which luckily also looked really nice). It doesn't look like the chest is removable from the picture, and that might be too much extra work for a BAF, especially in regards to articulation, but it would be a nice touch.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”