McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:18 am

My Scarecrow (Infinite Frontier) arrived tonight from Amazon.
Spoiler! :
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:24 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:Gotta say, last few days have been a blast. Between two awesome reveals and getting 10 new Multiverse figures, this is getting to be a lot of fun. Particularly from where I personally started when this line was first announced. So I got…

Kyle Rayner from Target. I’m not the world’s biggest Green Lantern fan, but I’ll buy up the GLs of Earth. Maybe we do get an eventual Morrison JLA.

Parallax. Overpaid but got him Saturday. Forgot what a [email protected]$$ Parallax was. He destroyed the GLC, reordered time in Zero Hour, and reignited the sun to redeem himself.

AzBats. Found him at Wal Mart this morning. I may have to actually read Knightfall this figure is so good.

Booster/Beetle. Although clear goggles woulda been great, these are fine. These two look like they walked out of a comic.

Bane is the best deluxe figure so far.

Deathstroke is a lean mean killing’ machine. Glad we got the weapons pack.

Batrocitus. Throwaway character, but in the context of Death Metal, he’s great.

Speeding Bullets. Love this figure. Need more Elseworlds.

Future State Superman. Perfect. Superman as a gladiator/freedom fighter.

Scarecrow is on the way. Be here this Thursday. Ocean Master has been preordered. Corrected Hush Batman doesn’t seem to be available on this continent. Thought I was gonna get a break with the Arkham wave being introduced and these two Gold Labels start showing up in the wild yesterday.

Good times.
I’m glad you’re enjoying this so much. I remember your frustration when the line was announced. It’s definitely come a long way for me now that we’re getting more deep cuts and less Batman/Capullo stuff. If we get a classic Cap Marvel and Kyle to go with J’onn, I may have to quit one of the other lines I collect to afford it all. If McFarlane does late/early 90s Wally in his shiny suit with white eyes and accurate bolts, I might die of happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:27 am

Well, the artwork on the back of the box makes no sense at all. I wish that was the design they had gone with for the figure. That I would have bought. While this figure has a very nice sculpt, it just doesn't look like Scarecrow to me. It could also use some paint. The way it is out of the box looks a little too "plastic". Maybe if I see one in person I'll like it better. But I doubt it.

As it stands now, I'd love a good comic Scarecrow figure from McFarlane, but this ain't it.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:32 am

Xavion2004 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:30 am
Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:07 pm
It's actually the classic characters that have started to become "maybes" for me. Do I really need that extra Blue Beetle if I have the DCUC one and the whole 90s-2000s JLA?
That’s where I’m at as well. I’m passing on the Blue and Gold two pack for exactly that reason. I bought the classic Martian Manhunter to bolster my DC Essentials collection, not my DC Multiverse collection.

So I’m definitely not looking for “DCUC the Sequel” here. What I’m hoping is that with character selection starting to pick up, and the quick turnaround time on new releases, my collection will start to make more sense over time.
I’m not really looking for DCUC II either. Then again, I don’t have older collections to fall back on. In DCD we got about 20 Kingdom Come figures and I’d be down for that again. Plus a bunch of other Elseworlds. In DCUC, we got about a dozen New Gods. Two dozen is a good start. Also in DCUC we got 75% of the GA JSA lineup. So close. Not opposed to stuff like that or Reign of the Supermen redux.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:47 am

Dont like that long hair scarecrow, not my cup of tea.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:13 am

I saw a few folks doing bane comparisons to the essentials batman. I loved that figure but boy am I happy to have all these individual sculpted figures rather than a shared body sort of system. Really wonderful to see so much variety on the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:52 am

PJ wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:18 am
My Scarecrow (Infinite Frontier) arrived tonight from Amazon.
Are you gonna take try to take off the green rag?
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:01 pm

Meauxses wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:24 am
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:Gotta say, last few days have been a blast. Between two awesome reveals and getting 10 new Multiverse figures, this is getting to be a lot of fun. Particularly from where I personally started when this line was first announced. So I got…

Kyle Rayner from Target. I’m not the world’s biggest Green Lantern fan, but I’ll buy up the GLs of Earth. Maybe we do get an eventual Morrison JLA.

Parallax. Overpaid but got him Saturday. Forgot what a [email protected]$$ Parallax was. He destroyed the GLC, reordered time in Zero Hour, and reignited the sun to redeem himself.

AzBats. Found him at Wal Mart this morning. I may have to actually read Knightfall this figure is so good.

Booster/Beetle. Although clear goggles woulda been great, these are fine. These two look like they walked out of a comic.

Bane is the best deluxe figure so far.

Deathstroke is a lean mean killing’ machine. Glad we got the weapons pack.

Batrocitus. Throwaway character, but in the context of Death Metal, he’s great.

Speeding Bullets. Love this figure. Need more Elseworlds.

Future State Superman. Perfect. Superman as a gladiator/freedom fighter.

Scarecrow is on the way. Be here this Thursday. Ocean Master has been preordered. Corrected Hush Batman doesn’t seem to be available on this continent. Thought I was gonna get a break with the Arkham wave being introduced and these two Gold Labels start showing up in the wild yesterday.

Good times.
I’m glad you’re enjoying this so much. I remember your frustration when the line was announced. It’s definitely come a long way for me now that we’re getting more deep cuts and less Batman/Capullo stuff. If we get a classic Cap Marvel and Kyle to go with J’onn, I may have to quit one of the other lines I collect to afford it all. If McFarlane does late/early 90s Wally in his shiny suit with white eyes and accurate bolts, I might die of happiness.
My feeling is that if Frankenstein is indeed on the way, a lot more things are possible than we thought. However, reality plays a hand too. 1)DC (and all of WB) is under new management. I doubt the new owners will micromanage a successful product line, but they can set a new tone and direction if they desire. 2)DC itself, independent of corporate changes, is again in the midst of a reality altering storyline. Changes in the DCU on the other side of Dark Crisis could also impact character selection if DC wants Todd to reflect that. Comics have been the main source material for DC Multiverse. I’m pretty happy about that. But I expect even more comic accurate looks as DC’s slate of TV shows and movies gets overhauled.

I’d not be overly surprised to see this line go in a more concurrent direction with the comics starting next year. Ya gotta remember, whatever happens coming out of Dark Crisis has been in the works since Dan DiDio got fired in 2020. And barring any major changes coming from the new owners, this will be the new normal in the DCU for quite a while. And I’d also like to say I’m not advocating this. Just raising the possibility. It’s happened before at DCD and Mattel.
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:20 pm

Next up: Arkham Ra's Al Ghul

https://toynewsi.com/14-44041
markhamknight
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:42 pm

Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:50 pm

Ezra Miller “getting help”. Good. Maybe the Flash movie will happen.
Dr. Langstrom
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:23 pm

Ninjak wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:27 am
Well, the artwork on the back of the box makes no sense at all. I wish that was the design they had gone with for the figure. That I would have bought. While this figure has a very nice sculpt, it just doesn't look like Scarecrow to me. It could also use some paint. The way it is out of the box looks a little too "plastic". Maybe if I see one in person I'll like it better. But I doubt it.

As it stands now, I'd love a good comic Scarecrow figure from McFarlane, but this ain't it.
Exactly. I would have bought ANY Scarecrow but this, this ain't it..not at all.
Dr.Langstrom aka Man-Bat
toydollz
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:37 pm

General question...
I'm thinking about dipping my toe into the Multiverse. Been catching up on old DCUC figures and am a diehard Legends collector. Are these like most other figures in that there's a frenzy over new releases (Parallax & Azrael Batman), but things calm down and they're easy to get OR are Gold Label (and some others) really hard to find? I'm not into the hunt or supporting scalpers, so if it's not an accessible line, I'll pass.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:21 pm

Depends. Comic figures go a bit faster than media or game figures. Demand tends to level out, but store exclusives, Gold Label or not, are somewhat more difficult. Patience is the key.

There are a handful of figures that have gotten expensive on the aftermarket: The first Thomas Wayne Batman, the first single carded Red Hood, Grim Knight, Devastator, Sky Tyrant and a few more are now well over retail. Popular or first time characters go quick. Ordering online works best from an etailer. Amazon, Target and Wal Mart all have their problems. Todd’s store is good but there are few bundle deals and no breaks on shipping. Warehouse is in Las Vegas.
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:31 pm

I have truly become obsessed with this line. Page Punchers Lee Bermejo Batman is my absolute favorite right now. The reveals and surprise findings are a joy. My only regret is I just can't keep up with them buying wise! I love me some ML Legends-especially the last couple of years-but McFarlane is keeping my attention all the time now. If he ever gets the scaling between figures in line my golly....I am screwed. I can't wait to find Shazam but hate he towers over Page Punchers Black Adam. Wonder if he does over Endless Winter Black Adam? I haven't seen that comparison in a review yet.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”