McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 4217
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:30 pm

nice review, so shazam is base on the rebirth look that's cool. if i find him i'll pick him up for my league set up. black flash is creepy and awesome, good luck finding the variants that's going to be a pain to hunt.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5359
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:36 pm

No variants. Not yet anyway. All open mouthed.
User avatar
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Astoria
Posts: 4412
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:46 pm

It’s legitimately getting hard to keep up with this line — and I don’t just mean financially. Seems like there hasn’t even been a month without releases, and lately they’re showing up out of nowhere without advance notice. Definitely not a fan of the trend toward classic looks being Walmart exclusives.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5300
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:54 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:48 pm

Got Deathstroke in today and I'm absolutely overjoyed the figure turned out really good. Great sculpt and generally pretty well done articulation (the ab crunch actually is worth a damn, which is my biggest sticking point with so many Multiverse figures, though it seems to be improving). Did have some joints that were a bit frozen up with the orange paint (wrists. left shoulder) but on my 3 copies I was
able to free those up with some boiling water so nothing broke.

Really, my only complaint is the lack of any guns, which is kind of a universal complaint with DC stuff right now. Which, since so many love to get a little political in this thread - this trans-queer-lib wants their Deathstroke rocking some damn firearms, so it ain't our fault DC/Warner/whomever made such a silly requirement across all their products to nix the guns.

ON a related note, love that he also has his proper broadsword too, is becoming all to common for Slade to be equipped with a friggin' katana these days, even the super expensive statue I got from XM Studios of the rebirth suit has dual katanas (also was one of the very last DC items to go into productions with firearms so thats an interesting factoid).

Edit: I just noticed while loading him up with some Spawn guns that McFarlane actually only sculpted the left hand with a trigger finger! Thats some impressive and thoughtful attention to detail.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5359
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:07 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:46 pm
It’s legitimately getting hard to keep up with this line — and I don’t just mean financially. Seems like there hasn’t even been a month without releases, and lately they’re showing up out of nowhere without advance notice. Definitely not a fan of the trend toward classic looks being Walmart exclusives.
All these figures have been rumored. Some for a while. But showing up in stores without any kind of social media heads up is getting kinda crazy. But showing up in Vegas first is a factor of Todd’s warehouse being in Vegas. Surrounding western and mid-western states come next. I’m sure the warehouse is there due to proximity to a FedEx hub. Todd himself lives in Arizona I believe.

I’m not too upset at Gold Label just yet. What will be interesting is if Todd puts an exclusive figure in the Gold Label Bat Family 5-pack. Batwing, Batwoman, Cassandra Cain, etc. And I for one, won’t be surprised.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5359
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:08 pm

chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:48 pm
Got Deathstroke in today and I'm absolutely overjoyed the figure turned out really good. Great sculpt and generally pretty well done articulation (the ab crunch actually is worth a damn, which is my biggest sticking point with so many Multiverse figures, though it seems to be improving). Did have some joints that were a bit frozen up with the orange paint (wrists. left shoulder) but on my 3 copies I was
able to free those up with some boiling water so nothing broke.

Really, my only complaint is the lack of any guns, which is kind of a universal complaint with DC stuff right now. Which, since so many love to get a little political in this thread - this trans-queer-lib wants their Deathstroke rocking some damn firearms, so it ain't our fault DC/Warner/whomever made such a silly requirement across all their products to nix the guns.

ON a related note, love that he also has his proper broadsword too, is becoming all to common for Slade to be equipped with a friggin' katana these days, even the super expensive statue I got from XM Studios of the rebirth suit has dual katanas (also was one of the very last DC items to go into productions with firearms so thats an interesting factoid).

Edit: I just noticed while loading him up with some Spawn guns that McFarlane actually only sculpted the left hand with a trigger finger! Thats some impressive and thoughtful attention to detail.
Did you get the weapons pack? It’s great. And I think it’s still available through Todd’s store.
User avatar
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5300
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:54 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:15 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:08 pm
chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:48 pm
Got Deathstroke in today and I'm absolutely overjoyed the figure turned out really good. Great sculpt and generally pretty well done articulation (the ab crunch actually is worth a damn, which is my biggest sticking point with so many Multiverse figures, though it seems to be improving). Did have some joints that were a bit frozen up with the orange paint (wrists. left shoulder) but on my 3 copies I was
able to free those up with some boiling water so nothing broke.

Really, my only complaint is the lack of any guns, which is kind of a universal complaint with DC stuff right now. Which, since so many love to get a little political in this thread - this trans-queer-lib wants their Deathstroke rocking some damn firearms, so it ain't our fault DC/Warner/whomever made such a silly requirement across all their products to nix the guns.

ON a related note, love that he also has his proper broadsword too, is becoming all to common for Slade to be equipped with a friggin' katana these days, even the super expensive statue I got from XM Studios of the rebirth suit has dual katanas (also was one of the very last DC items to go into productions with firearms so thats an interesting factoid).

Edit: I just noticed while loading him up with some Spawn guns that McFarlane actually only sculpted the left hand with a trigger finger! Thats some impressive and thoughtful attention to detail.
Did you get the weapons pack? It’s great. And I think it’s still available through Todd’s store.
Yeah, this figure is what finally made me "pull the trigger" on that, so to speak. :wink:
User avatar
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: WA State
Posts: 4329
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:43 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:15 pm

PharOOO wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:12 pm

Also, I can't believe no one on the entire internet has yet to customize their Bane by removing the harness. I would have thought that would be one of the very first things customizers would have messed around with.
I saw a post or two on Facebook were folks had done it. I didn't look too closely, since I had no plans on customizing it, but
there were holes in the front of Bane. They filled them, lightly sanded them, and were in the process of painting them. It didn't look too difficult all things considered.

Personally I liked the harness. It helps break things up a bit.
User avatar
bat1975
Avengers Assemble
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:31 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:16 pm

I know it can be kind of frustrating how figures are coming out (some leaked, some just out of the blue), but in a way, I'm really enjoying it. It's almost like when you were a kid and you just showed up at Toys R Us to find new toys, without any prior info!
User avatar
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NYC
Posts: 3470
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:38 pm

Yeah, i totally prefer this way of releases. It definitely keeps shit fresh.

I haven’t hunted anything as hard in this line as i have the super powers and now the azbats. Still waiting on azbats but I feel like it will be abundant eventually. Super powers definitely is in my area now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:58 am

christianpyro wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:15 pm
PharOOO wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:12 pm

Also, I can't believe no one on the entire internet has yet to customize their Bane by removing the harness. I would have thought that would be one of the very first things customizers would have messed around with.
I saw a post or two on Facebook were folks had done it. I didn't look too closely, since I had no plans on customizing it, but
there were holes in the front of Bane. They filled them, lightly sanded them, and were in the process of painting them. It didn't look too difficult all things considered.

Personally I liked the harness. It helps break things up a bit.
Good to know some folks have already attempted this custom. Since I wouldn't even know how to search on Facebook, I'll wait for pictures to surface.
User avatar
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6858
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:33 am

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:02 am

PharOOO wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:58 am
christianpyro wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:15 pm
PharOOO wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:12 pm

Also, I can't believe no one on the entire internet has yet to customize their Bane by removing the harness. I would have thought that would be one of the very first things customizers would have messed around with.
I saw a post or two on Facebook were folks had done it. I didn't look too closely, since I had no plans on customizing it, but
there were holes in the front of Bane. They filled them, lightly sanded them, and were in the process of painting them. It didn't look too difficult all things considered.

Personally I liked the harness. It helps break things up a bit.
Good to know some folks have already attempted this custom. Since I wouldn't even know how to search on Facebook, I'll wait for pictures to surface.
I know he had no harness in the 90's and buying this figure for the nostalgia of my first ever Batman story ark (Knightfall), I have to say I like the harness. I'm leaving it on.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2224
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:47 am

Received the Killer Croc mega fig from Amazon today and I'm really impressed with the figure.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5359
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:16 am

Gotta say, last few days have been a blast. Between two awesome reveals and getting 10 new Multiverse figures, this is getting to be a lot of fun. Particularly from where I personally started when this line was first announced. So I got…

Kyle Rayner from Target. I’m not the world’s biggest Green Lantern fan, but I’ll buy up the GLs of Earth. Maybe we do get an eventual Morrison JLA.

Parallax. Overpaid but got him Saturday. Forgot what a [email protected]$$ Parallax was. He destroyed the GLC, reordered time in Zero Hour, and reignited the sun to redeem himself.

AzBats. Found him at Wal Mart this morning. I may have to actually read Knightfall this figure is so good.

Booster/Beetle. Although clear goggles woulda been great, these are fine. These two look like they walked out of a comic.

Bane is the best deluxe figure so far.

Deathstroke is a lean mean killing’ machine. Glad we got the weapons pack.

Batrocitus. Throwaway character, but in the context of Death Metal, he’s great.

Speeding Bullets. Love this figure. Need more Elseworlds.

Future State Superman. Perfect. Superman as a gladiator/freedom fighter.

Scarecrow is on the way. Be here this Thursday. Ocean Master has been preordered. Corrected Hush Batman doesn’t seem to be available on this continent. Thought I was gonna get a break with the Arkham wave being introduced and these two Gold Labels start showing up in the wild yesterday.

Good times.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NE Florida - Away from the tourists and retirees
Posts: 3961
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:49 pm

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:30 am

Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:07 pm
It's actually the classic characters that have started to become "maybes" for me. Do I really need that extra Blue Beetle if I have the DCUC one and the whole 90s-2000s JLA?
That’s where I’m at as well. I’m passing on the Blue and Gold two pack for exactly that reason. I bought the classic Martian Manhunter to bolster my DC Essentials collection, not my DC Multiverse collection.

So I’m definitely not looking for “DCUC the Sequel” here. What I’m hoping is that with character selection starting to pick up, and the quick turnaround time on new releases, my collection will start to make more sense over time.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”