McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:39 am

I think a lot of the frustration with AzBats and Parallax is that they haven’t been up for preorder at all. Not that Walmart preorders have a great track record for timely fulfillment, but these guys haven’t even had that. Also these two seem to be particularly desirable.
Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:41 am

Meauxses wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:42 pm

If Berlanti takes over DC on film, you can expect the destruction of DC Comics as a media brand for the next decade. He will turn every film into propaganda reels for his leftist identity politics. I can't imagine this rumor is true given that all of his shows were canned along with the CW itself. There's another rumor that the HBO Max GL series is still on, but that show reads like another CW soapbox with a higher budget. Berlanti needs to go.
It's gotta be exhausting being so full of hate. If the fact the people other than straight, white men are appearing in DC shows bothers you so much, I'm afraid that's a you problem. The world is a diverse place, and people from all walks of life deserve heroes.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:46 am

Shazam! is a little underwhelming for me. I’ll stick with the DC Essentials version.

This is still a very odd line for me. I’m starting to pull back a bit after going on a binge. I’m still not sure what I want to accomplish. The releases are so random. In some respects, it’s very cool, because you never know what’s coming next, but it does leave me with a bunch of figures with no coherent overall theme. It’s very hard for me to think outside the team/cast building dynamic.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:02 am

Found a full case each of Parallax and AzBats on the pegs at Walmart Friday morning. Both are great looking figures!
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:12 am

Jase wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:02 am
Found a full case each of Parallax and AzBats on the pegs at Walmart Friday morning. Both are great looking figures!
Oh great, on my way. coming from FL so it should take me 3 days. Gotta go fast...
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:13 am

RE:

Berlanti as DC movie's Kevin Feige: 99.9% chance this is a nothing burger being floated by the internet for the sake of content.

Shazam!: Stope with the Gold Labels, Todd. All this means is "less available". The figure itself has an almost non existent likeness from the one angle I'm seeing and huge......HUGE open hands. Still, I'm interested. And I hope Todd gets over his female figure issues to give us Mary Marvel, she's lookin HOT in that trailer.

Az Bat and Parallax: Big win for me on that front today. I went to Walmart early to get my Parallax in-store pick up and it went off without a hitch. I went to check the toys and found Az Bat waiting there too! I rarely go out for early morning runs anymore and it's great this one paid off. I had my eye on a couple other things too (Black Adam Hawk Man, Super Powers John Stewart, a couple of MLs) but I decided to just get what I came for and leave. Both figures look great and I'm happy to have them.

Between Bane arriving from BBTS and these two, it's been a good few days for Tod toys.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:33 am

Xavion2004 wrote:
This is still a very odd line for me. I’m starting to pull back a bit after going on a binge. I’m still not sure what I want to accomplish. The releases are so random. In some respects, it’s very cool, because you never know what’s coming next, but it does leave me with a bunch of figures with no coherent overall theme. It’s very hard for me to think outside the team/cast building dynamic.
This is the only line I collect. All my DCD and DCUC are gone. Once I figured out that this isn’t a building line, I had to find something else to like about it. Didn’t have to look too far. I still love all the alt stuff and we’ve gotten a bunch of it. That looks to be drying up. There’s a lot more mainstream stuff coming with the exception of the Speed Metal wave.

I also had a hard time getting out of the building mentality. But I’m glad I did. This has been a fun three years. Looking forward to the next three.
MCUCompletionist
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:34 am

I'm less looking at it from team building (year 3 and still no classic WW for a Justice League) but I'm kinda world buildings, like I've got a little Batman corner, using Batrocitus as an extra Red Lantern, and having some Lantern, Corps building, Flash rogues are about to get some love with Page Punchers.

I still enjoy Marvel Legends but there's something kinda nice about having gaps.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:58 am

I really love the multiverse aspect of this line. My shelf is a pretty fun random assortment of weirdos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mysticmanjrf1
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Xavion2004 wrote:
Shazam! is a little underwhelming for me. I’ll stick with the DC Essentials version.

Even as my preorders continue to fill up, I'm feeling this a bit. Definitely a pretty big mishmash.

It's actually the classic characters that have started to become "maybes" for me. Do I really need that extra Blue Beetle if I have the DCUC one and the whole 90s-2000s JLA?

Still a lot of figures that haven't been made many times (Parallax) or others that are just insanely cool toys (Talon, Zod) but I definitely find myself waiting for sales, or picking the version that I like best. If two Red Robins are both out of sync with the display, may as well hold off until I see both.

For some teams, we are pretty close. WW, Hawkgirl, and Artemis would knock out the JLA and The Outlaws. Just can't seem to get Iconic looking female figures.

My biggest issue with Shazam is that body re-use. Weird they sculpted a new Black Adam for Page Punchers but went with the older one. Just not a fan of that body mold.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:12 pm

Found AzBats this morning. This figure is so cool I might have to read Knightfall. One of these days.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:34 pm

Nextar now owns a 75% stake in CW. More media changes for DC.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:28 pm

It’s like action figure Christmas Day. Booster/Beetle, FS Superman, Bane, Deathstroke, Batrocitus, and Speeding Bullets showed up today from Todd’s store. Scarecrow coming later this week. Got Kyle Friday, found Parallax over the weekend and AzBats this morning. I’m not sure I’ve ever gotten this many figures is such a short span of time. I’ve got Ocean Master on preorder but don’t believe he’s shipping yet. Still no sign of Hush Batman with the corrected paint in North America.

Dark Flash and Shazam haven’t even been officially announced. List is getting short.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:33 pm

Thanks to Brickseek found Parallax a couple hours ago at the Amherst Walmart while on my way back to the office. Still two left as of 1 p.m.
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:12 pm

Video review of the new SHAZAM! & Dark Flash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuIT_dZJQmI

Also, I can't believe no one on the entire internet has yet to customize their Bane by removing the harness. I would have thought that would be one of the very first things customizers would have messed around with.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”