McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:41 am

Meauxses wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:17 am
drkknght64 wrote:I know I haven't been able to but I don't check every 10-20 mins either. I personally have more important things going on.
You mean like being a condescending prick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't believe I directed anything toward you or anybody when I wrote that sentence.
However it's true I got more important things to do than to check a website every 10-20 minutes for an action figure.
If that makes me a condescending prick then so be it.
I do know one thing hard charger you wouldn't say that to my face, lol. 8)
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:41 am

Stay classy, Fwoosh.
samhain2731
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:47 am

I’m late to the party but I finally got my hands on Clayface yesterday and I’m AMAZED by the sculpt work on him. The texture and details are seriously amazing. I spent a good amount of time just looking over him and taking in all the little details.
It probably sounds dumb but that hand right in center of his back has to be my favorite part of the figure :lol:

I was surprised by the weight of him.
I sold mine off a while ago but the Mattel c&c Clayface was much much lighter from what I remember.

I should be getting Man-Bat tomorrow sometime and I can’t wait.
I love this line :D
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:07 pm

Ask me 2 years ago that I'd be spending way more time in the depressing and dead DC section of this message board to the much more exciting and lively Marvel section, I would have said you're crazy.

Fast-forward to now and when I'm on this forum, I'm clicking into the DC section way more than the Marvel one. While I don't buy many McF DC figures at all, the shear number of reveals, new sculpts, and recently, character selection, has me clicking into the DC Watchtower several times a day.
There is always something happening here now and I love it!
hbprops
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:15 pm

PharOOO wrote:
Ask me 2 years ago that I'd be spending way more time in the depressing and dead DC section of this message board to the much more exciting and lively Marvel section, I would have said you're crazy.

Fast-forward to now and when I'm on this forum, I'm clicking into the DC section way more than the Marvel one. While I don't buy many McF DC figures at all, the shear number of reveals, new sculpts, and recently, character selection, has me clicking into the DC Watchtower several times a day.
Same! I like that McFarlane isn’t as anal about keeping things secret. I know most of that is for movie stuff but Hasbro drags it out so long that by the time product does drop, it’s very piecemeal and doesn’t scratch the itch enough. My own impatience doesn’t help either, haha. But the amount of leaked stuff and new reveals always keeps the Multiverse hype alive, and the turnaround time from seeing leaks to finding product has never been quicker.
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:26 pm

Ultramane wrote:you're so hilariously fragile i'd almost believe it was a fun lil posting gimmick if you weren't so consistent with it
Some people are just giant balls of anxiety, constantly unable to function without lashing out at others for their own weaknesses, fragility, and "shameful" feelings. Projecting is commonplace, and odds are high that certain posters here are unable to deal with their own identity issues and thus constantly rail against things they shouldn't out of a misplaced sense of self defense.

It's now been a week since I ordered the Bane/Nekron bundle from McFarlane's site and there has been no movement. When I purchased them the button was green, but now I see that it's red & says sold out...hopefully my order will move soon. The orders page only says awaiting fulfillment. I'm excited to get my hands on Parallax & AzBats too, but so far my local Walmart is still rocking Unmasked Shriek & Superboy Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:42 pm

PharOOO wrote:

Holy crap, it has only been two years, hasn't it?
VictorD10010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:58 pm

What a peaceful day in fwoosh...

*people fighting in the background*
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:02 pm

PharOOO wrote:

I totally agree. It's hard to believe it's really only been 2 years. The line has evolved and expanded so much (not enough for some people's tastes, granted, but I love it). I wouldn't say I had stopped collecting DC figures before, as I doubt that day will ever come, but it had certainly slowed. Now, however, it seems like there's at least something for me in every wave McF unveils, even characters I never thought I'd ever collect; they just look so cool, and for the most part, it feels like a good deal for my money. Other than a few local shops doing their own thing pricing-wise, I know what I'm going to pay for a regular release, a BAF release, and a deluxe release ahead of time, and there's no funny business on last minute price changes. The fact that some of these bigger, more deluxe feeling figures are the same price as the smaller ones is glorious. I know not everyone has been so lucky, but I don't think I've had a single instance of breakage with these figures- maybe a little warping from the package and the odd loose joint here or there, but that's it. It's currently my favorite line to collect. I have the Nekron/Bane/Talon pack arriving today, and I couldn't be more excited!
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:40 pm

I was completely wrong about this line not delving into nostalgia. And I really didn’t think it’d be 90’s nostalgia either if they did at all. I’m really enjoying it and would love to see more.
MrImpossible
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:43 pm

I hope we can reach a point where there’s enough confidence to put classic/nostalgic characters in the “main waves”. I feel like Speeding Bullets and Batrocitus would have been far more appropriate Gold Label exclusives, for example.
Sirtank
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:45 pm

My Talon, Bane and Nekron were delivered yesterday. They all turned out great. Both biceps on my Nekron are stuck, I haven’t tried heating them up yet. Besides that, all three figures are top notch. This line has really been picking up steam recently.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:55 pm

The Walmart that has had 2-3 of Parallax and Az-Bats on Brickseek for weeks just randomly dropped to 0 overnight. Went in multiple times and they were never out. Fun.

None of the other stores here have had them pop up. The website always shows nothing when they supposedly are live.

Love that stock on these is so limited and crap like Batrocitus is a mainline release.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:59 pm

It’ll happen. It’s just frustrating to see so many in hand shots all over the interweb.

Just went into a Wally’s. Three brand new Gold Label Wally Wests.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:15 pm

Wally is too good for Wally.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics