McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:00 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:39 pm
I agree with you. I've liked the body when I bought my Y2 Batman but I did skip the other figures they've used it for. It just has too many problems (and fortunately the Cape covers all of them on that blue Bats).

As for Question, thanks for the likes. He's DST Gotham Bullock with Hush coat and arms.
Awesome Question! He's a major favorite of mine, and this version is great.
WinterLord
Customized

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:03 am

Got Grifter today. He's excellent but I do wish he came with guns and his long trenchcoat. Either way, its a great figure. Im just using Hasbro's Deadpool 2 Cable's gun with him for now.

aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:15 am

Excellent Pride surprise to get Jon Kent and Tim Drake in the same box from Amazon. Both are excellent figures.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:25 am

Pretty cool

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:30 pm

I’m assuming that Hal and female lanterns are customs? Atrocitus looks great. Not sure if I want to buy everyone else to get him. Only interested in Kyle.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Hal is dc essentials. Jessica Cruz is a custom.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:28 pm

My single carded McFarlane Hush figure arrived from Amazon. It was the Platinum Edition so I guess I need to order another in hopes of getting the regular one.

And these arrived from McFarlane’s store -
Robin -

Robin Unmasked -
Comparison -

And although my Red Robin figure from Amazon made it to my local PO at 4:30 am it didn’t make it out for delivery today.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:39 pm

Just found this on the shelf at Target this morning. I haven’t really found anything I've been wanting in the wild lately, so when I saw this you could have knocked me over with a feather.

I had actually cancelled my Amazon pre-order for this because of the black elbows on Batman, but seeing it right in front of me, I just couldn’t resist. Especially since Amazon delayed my single release Hush figure that I was supposed to get today.

Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:19 pm

PJ wrote:
My single carded McFarlane Hush figure arrived from Amazon. It was the Platinum Edition so I guess I need to order another in hopes of getting the regular one.

Oh man not this again. I had the same problem with DKR Robin from Amazon. I ended up ordering and returning that figure 3 times, because all 3 times I ordered it I got the unpainted "Platinum" variant. I finally gave up and eventually found the standard version at my local Target.

It aggravated me so much that I actually contacted McFarlane Toys through FB Messenger complaining about the practice. I told them I loved the Multiverse line and the figures, but I hated the way the variants were distributed where you may randomly receive an unpainted figure instead of the standard version. A little while later I got the following response.

“Thanks for your feedback, Bill. We are making changes to the chase program with regards to Artist Proofs. Some collectors were a fan, but others like yourself were not pleased. We do listen to our fans.”

I thanked them for their response, and was happy that randomly receiving a variant artist proof figure would no longer be an issue. But after seeing the Hush figure you just received that is apparently not the case.

I may now just cancel my single release Hush figure from Amazon and try to get it somewhere else because I don't want to have to deal with that hassle all over again.
WinterLord
Customized

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:07 am

I think I may repaint Hush's trenchcoat and swap the legs for my preffered Grifter look. Maybe use an exacto knife to open the coat, but that may require complete separation of Hush's coat from his body and a swap onto Grifters body to avoid seeing Hush's holo torso.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:10 am

Did McFarlane just phase out the flight stands? I loved getting them with figures that could fly or have wings, but just realized Red Robin comes with the boring black regular stand. I think Batman Beyond may have been the last one.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:33 am

Roufuss wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:10 am
Did McFarlane just phase out the flight stands? I loved getting them with figures that could fly or have wings, but just realized Red Robin comes with the boring black regular stand. I think Batman Beyond may have been the last one.
Jon Kent has one. The upcoming page puncher Superman has one. Not phased out. Just random choices.
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:51 pm

I got stuck with a "platinum" Carrie Kelly recently. I took it and a few other items to a local after-market toy shop. You'd think platinum chase figures would be in their wheelhouse! But I was told in no uncertain terms that no one wanted these unpainted figures, and they would not accept them in trade. These folks are borderline scalpers, and if they won't take them, you know the whole concept is a failure!
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:48 pm

InanimateObjects wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:51 pm
I got stuck with a "platinum" Carrie Kelly recently. I took it and a few other items to a local after-market toy shop. You'd think platinum chase figures would be in their wheelhouse! But I was told in no uncertain terms that no one wanted these unpainted figures, and they would not accept them in trade. These folks are borderline scalpers, and if they won't take them, you know the whole concept is a failure!

Yeah, it's a really terrible idea for a variant. Instead of making a chase figure someone might actually want (like a battle damaged or unmasked version of the character) someone had the bright idea to just release an unpainted version. I don't know why they think anyone would really want this. Then to make matters even worse, they have it so when you order online you don't even know which one you'll be getting. Brilliant. Angering your customers is not exactly a time-tested method of building brand loyalty.

That's why I went ahead and cancelled my single release Hush figure from Amazon. I don't won't to get stuck paying for a figure I don't want, and I don't want to go through the hassle of having to return it.

I have the 2-pack version of Hush anyway. I don't like the head sculpt on that figure as much as the single release, but Hush is not really one of my favorite characters, so it'll do.
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:55 pm

PJ wrote:

And these arrived from McFarlane’s store -
Robin -

Robin Unmasked -
Comparison -

And although my Red Robin figure from Amazon made it to my local PO at 4:30 am it didn’t make it out for delivery today.
Pj
May I purchase hush from you???

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”