McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Sun May 29, 2022 3:27 am

The whole gun thing is utter hypocrisy anyway. If guns were that big of a deal, then Warners should never have made Suicide Squad. And let’s take all the guns out of the video games too. No more guns in the comics either. Jason Todd has given up his guns, but Deathstroke hasn’t. Let’s be consistent people.
KNR
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 29, 2022 5:19 am

My kid is 2 1/2 and he has his own collection of DC imaginext stuff that includes melee weapons and guns. Not that he uses the accessories at all but I intend to teach him between right and wrong when it comes to weapons.
Weapons with toys arent going to make kids violent. It’s the proper guidance they do or don’t receive.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 2:07 pm

KNR wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:19 am
My kid is 2 1/2 and he has his own collection of DC imaginext stuff that includes melee weapons and guns. Not that he uses the accessories at all but I intend to teach him between right and wrong when it comes to weapons.
Weapons with toys arent going to make kids violent. It’s the proper guidance they do or don’t receive.
Thats it completely. Guns, rightly or wrongly will always have a place in our society. Nobody is getting rid of guns. Guns are dangerous-I was taught that 50 years ago and I haven't been inclined to want to handle one since. During that time I have had Lone ranger outfits, action man figures, watched Dirty Harry, Die hard and owned armies of armed little green men..... even with all that dreadful influence I have never considered going out to buy a gun. Simple right and wrong.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 2:16 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:27 pm
Chooch wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 9:45 pm
Noting that this an n=1, I thought this was worth mentioning regarding the WB gun ban. I was at Target today, checking out the toys as one does. A father (30ish) with his son (4ish) was there with an aunt or maybe family friend (again 30ish) that was buying something for the boy. The woman was showing the boy some Roblox figures and the dad said "Let's not get anything with weapons." They ended up buying a generic toy boat of some kind. Two things struck me about that interaction:

1) It was the male adult that poo-poo'd buying something aggressive or violent or however you want to characterize that and the female that was all for it. My bias going in would have thought it would be reversed.

2) He was against "weapons," not guns specifically. Should he be representative of the demographic WB is courting the gun ban wouldn't be sufficient.
All of this is fairly ironic considering he likely had to register for the draft just as the kid will likely have to do when he turns 18. Having the kid understand safety around weapons is more important than ensuring he's clueless about them until the government or someone else teaches him about them.
Is this satire?

How many action figures have you bought that include firearm safety instructions? How would having your name on a govt database correlate at all with owning a roblox figure when you were 4?

I dont think Multiverse figures should exclude guns, but WB banning guns in their toy products isn’t the worst decision right now. I dont understand why people are so rock hard to kayfabe toughness that they pretend to not see the wisdom behind it.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 2:38 pm

KNR wrote:My kid is 2 1/2 and he has his own collection of DC imaginext stuff that includes melee weapons and guns. Not that he uses the accessories at all but I intend to teach him between right and wrong when it comes to weapons.
This! Proper guidance. I started teaching my girls gun safety years ago. Whether they choose to own a gun when they are adults is up to them, but at least they know the basics for gun safety and gun handling. The fact that they owned some toys that game with little plastic guns is not going to influence their decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 3:23 pm

supreme-d wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:16 pm
Is this satire?

How many action figures have you bought that include firearm safety instructions? How would having your name on a govt database correlate at all with owning a roblox figure when you were 4?

I dont think Multiverse figures should exclude guns, but WB banning guns in their toy products isn’t the worst decision right now. I dont understand why people are so rock hard to kayfabe toughness that they pretend to not see the wisdom behind it.
I think you misunderstand my point, we'll pretend it was unintentional and not straw-manning, despite what you're citing as "wisdom" by WB. The point was that regardless of what you teach your child, both they, and you, exist in the world and are subject to factors outside of your control. You can teach them whatever you want, whether they heed it is their decision, as well as whatever messaging they'd heard from others (including governments who utilize videogames for recruitment) that may or may not override whatever your lessons were. Having a child be clueless or scared about weapons, bladed or otherwise, is more dangerous than helping them establish what items are and how they should be treated accordingly. Especially since they, like yourself, have to function in a world where everyone's parents didn't teach them exactly what your parents did. Denying a kid the fun of having a Nerf war or playing laser tag when they're little is pointless when they exist in a world where messages to the opposite exist and will likely crowd out your voice after a certain age.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sun May 29, 2022 4:19 pm

So how about them dc figures? Green arrow sure is tall isn’t he?
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun May 29, 2022 4:38 pm

Dunno. Waiting for a comic Green Arrow. And Dr. Fate. And Deathstroke. And Grodd.

So speaking of a comic Green Arrow, which would you like? Adams? Grell? Current Justice League? What about Roy? Connor Hawke? Mia? Love me some archers almost as much as speedsters.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 29, 2022 4:43 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:19 pm
So how about them dc figures? Green arrow sure is tall isn’t he?
He sure is, Maverick...he sure is.

Also, has anyone else gotten the Hush two pack yet?
bat1975
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 29, 2022 4:49 pm

Ended up ordering Ghostmaker from CMD. Don’t have any real affinity for him as a character, but he’s super cool aesthetically. I’ll be interested to see how the knee artic will work.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 5:12 pm

Another world class image provided to you all courtesy of Bananaman. Aptly named Wally, our favorite Walmart exclusive. I can hear all the car doors slamming right now as you all race off to Walmart to buy your own-done forget to pass by the fire arm aisle and pick up that round of handy ammunition whilst your at it!

have to agree with Tommy, this is a great figure. One of the best in a long while
bat1987
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 29, 2022 5:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-q9nQv ... andreviews

Video review of the hush 2 pack. Black elbows ofc.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 5:27 pm

Batman looks to be a great figure once the elbows are fixed. I REALLY want this 2 pack but will wait it out. Hopefully all the [email protected]#$ up elbows will be in the initial shipment. I guess you could be unscrupulous and pick one up now, get another when the corrections are made and return the initial-Cant be bothered with all that for a $40 toy.

I am hopeful lesson learned on McF part.
JD Stevens
Super Poseable

Sun May 29, 2022 5:56 pm

Any word on the Gold Label McFarlane Walmart exclusive Wonder Woman? I check the site everyday and it doesn’t come up for shipping. Only check at local stores which shows none.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 6:39 pm

JD Stevens wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:56 pm
Any word on the Gold Label McFarlane Walmart exclusive Wonder Woman? I check the site everyday and it doesn’t come up for shipping. Only check at local stores which shows none.
This one? Looks in stock atm. I found one the other day at WM so B&M is also an option.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Multivers ... /589885992

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”