McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Sat May 28, 2022 1:57 pm

VictorD10010 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:28 am
Yeah comic darkseid first,but eventually the parademons
I really can’t say I care about Parademons or any army builders for that matter. I do want a lot of New Gods going way past Darkseid. These are the Kirby New Gods that have been made by either DCD or Mattel:

Darkseid
Orion
Lightray
Mr. Miracle
Big Barda
Forager
Steppenwolf
Desaad
Kalibak
Metron
Mantis

IMHO these are the Kirby New Gods that need to be made:

Granny Goodness
Black Racer
Dr. Bedlam
Fastback
Glorious Godfrey
Highfather
Kanto
Lonar
Virmin Vundabar

And the Forever People. Female Furies would be nice.

And then make some Parademons. Characters first. Then nameless minions.

Maybe after that we can get the likes of Dr. Impossible, Sleez, Grail, and some other non-Kirby New Gods. But definitely Kirby first.

No disrespect to any army builders, but the New Gods, as well as the rest of 70’s Kirby is near and dear to me, and if Todd’s gonna make ‘em, I’d rather have the characters than the cannon fodder.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat May 28, 2022 3:00 pm

So with all the Star Wars news from yesterday, ya think Todd drops some reveals on us over this long holiday weekend? DC or something else?
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 4:28 pm

Parademons would beneath only Darkseid and Kalibak in terms of 4th World stuff I’d be passionate about. Darkseid’s armies and Inner Circle are where it is at. I bought over a dozen classic Parademons from DCUC and nearly as many of the “Super Powers” variant. Still some of my favorite action figures of all time.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 4:59 pm

bananaman wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:19 am
bat1975 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:02 am

Got it a day early. Here’s the comparison pic Mav requested. I don’t think the greys are a very good match, but I guess you could fudge it.
oof, those total heroes forearms.

Hoping that we get the running change 2 pack
Love, love, love the gravestone base from the two-pack. But even still, I'm waiting this out for the running change on the elbows. Looks so much like a Batman Unlimited figure this way.
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 28, 2022 5:21 pm

Saw the Joker Dragon at Target today. Looks crazy and would’ve grabbed it but ended up getting other figures instead. Still plan to get it eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat May 28, 2022 7:17 pm

Without getting all wish listy, I think Todd doing some 70’s Kirby love might make me weep with joy.
bat1975
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 28, 2022 7:31 pm

Rex Mason wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:59 pm
bananaman wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:19 am
bat1975 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:02 am

Got it a day early. Here’s the comparison pic Mav requested. I don’t think the greys are a very good match, but I guess you could fudge it.
oof, those total heroes forearms.

Hoping that we get the running change 2 pack
Love, love, love the gravestone base from the two-pack. But even still, I'm waiting this out for the running change on the elbows. Looks so much like a Batman Unlimited figure this way.
Maybe it’s just me, but in hand, the forearms don’t even bother me that much.

it’s a great set, I honestly didn’t think I was even going to take the Hush out of the box, but it’s a great figure too, and yes, the base is awesome. For those wondering, underneath Hush’s trenchcoat, he has an exposed ab/waist joint.
Logan622
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 28, 2022 8:34 pm

The open mouth expression on Hush Batman is unfortunate, esp when placed in vanilla poses

My plan is to heat up his face and try to glue his mouth shut (ala Marvel Select Immortal Hulk) and create a “gritted teeth” look, which is more versatile for posing
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 9:45 pm

Noting that this an n=1, I thought this was worth mentioning regarding the WB gun ban. I was at Target today, checking out the toys as one does. A father (30ish) with his son (4ish) was there with an aunt or maybe family friend (again 30ish) that was buying something for the boy. The woman was showing the boy some Roblox figures and the dad said "Let's not get anything with weapons." They ended up buying a generic toy boat of some kind. Two things struck me about that interaction:

1) It was the male adult that poo-poo'd buying something aggressive or violent or however you want to characterize that and the female that was all for it. My bias going in would have thought it would be reversed.

2) He was against "weapons," not guns specifically. Should he be representative of the demographic WB is courting the gun ban wouldn't be sufficient.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 10:01 pm

But if that was a 4yo, I'm not really surprised that a parent didn't want to buy a toy with weapons. I'm opposed to showing some superhero movies to my not-yet-7 son because I feel like they have content he's too young for. Same with that parent.

Not sure how many parents buy DCM figs to very young kids. Would be awesome if Todd shared some data about his clients and their preferences, actually.
VictorD10010
CROM!

Sat May 28, 2022 10:09 pm

I remember when i was a kid i had 2 pistols,they were black with the orange circle and orange trigger,my parents didn't care

Different people different opinions i guess
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 10:27 pm

Chooch wrote:
Noting that this an n=1, I thought this was worth mentioning regarding the WB gun ban. I was at Target today, checking out the toys as one does. A father (30ish) with his son (4ish) was there with an aunt or maybe family friend (again 30ish) that was buying something for the boy. The woman was showing the boy some Roblox figures and the dad said "Let's not get anything with weapons." They ended up buying a generic toy boat of some kind. Two things struck me about that interaction:

1) It was the male adult that poo-poo'd buying something aggressive or violent or however you want to characterize that and the female that was all for it. My bias going in would have thought it would be reversed.

2) He was against "weapons," not guns specifically. Should he be representative of the demographic WB is courting the gun ban wouldn't be sufficient.
All of this is fairly ironic considering he likely had to register for the draft just as the kid will likely have to do when he turns 18. Having the kid understand safety around weapons is more important than ensuring he's clueless about them until the government or someone else teaches him about them.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 11:47 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Chooch wrote:

All of this is fairly ironic considering he likely had to register for the draft just as the kid will likely have to do when he turns 18. Having the kid understand safety around weapons is more important than ensuring he's clueless about them until the government or someone else teaches him about them.
No one is registering for the draft now. It ended in 1973. How old are you?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 12:22 am

its not "the draft" but you have to register your info with the selective service system
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 3:05 am

Chooch wrote:Noting that this an n=1, I thought this was worth mentioning regarding the WB gun ban. I was at Target today, checking out the toys as one does. A father (30ish) with his son (4ish) was there with an aunt or maybe family friend (again 30ish) that was buying something for the boy. The woman was showing the boy some Roblox figures and the dad said "Let's not get anything with weapons." They ended up buying a generic toy boat of some kind. Two things struck me about that interaction:

If he’s that against weapons, he should be against violence. Then he probably shouldn’t be buying his kid any superhero toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”