McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Fri May 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Yeah I really hate paint matching and I especially hate painting joints that see a lot of rub.

I’ll be skipping this hush batman until a fix is released or I can confirm a previously released Batman matches colors. It’s a pretty light grey based on the side by side pics with 3J Batman. The only really light grey batman I can think of was the capullo metal batman.
Mysticmanjrf1
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 27, 2022 5:22 pm

Spent a lot of time kitbashing/customizing different combos using 3J Batman...it's an imperfect figure even with the correct colors. The result was a figure that looks great on his own or next to the Bat Family, but not the Justice League. I would just wait until Todd inevitably releases another classic (or close to classic) Batman.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri May 27, 2022 5:46 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:06 pm
Todd needs to drop some more reveals on us. We are getting off topic.

But I’ll add an asterisk to my liking Scott Snyder. I loved his Batman run…liked Metal….thought his justice league run was okay and felt that death metal was weak. So it’s kinda gone down hill the longer he’s written.
I’m always up for new reveals.

In Snyder’s defense, I do think he was under pressure from DiDio to tie Death Metal to the G5 stuff. Ultimately he stuck to his guns and kept it out, but Scott had a lot of respect for Dan. He gives DiDio a lot of credit for his career taking off. Having said that, Snyder, Tynion, Williamson, and others were all planning their exit from DC if G5 went through. That’s how bad it was looking.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri May 27, 2022 5:52 pm

Chooch wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:46 pm
Between the recent sales and my guys finally getting a shipment of McDC I have 17 figures next to me to open up with one more en route. Feast or famine.

On the Johns front I'll say what I appreciate about him is that he has a take on what each character's core is and sticks to that. I think that's why his JSA was such a hit and why the Rogues in his Flash run were the highlight. He showed characters were more than their powers. I was wary when he took over Flash after enjoying such a long, great run with Waid. The first issue Wally finds himself trapped without his powers allowing Johns to explore the character. I was hooked.
Well said. Sums up Johns abilities pretty well. His Easter eggs are awesome, second only to his fanboy moments. I think I teared up a little when Barry pulled Wally out of the Speed Force at the end of the Rebirth special.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri May 27, 2022 5:56 pm

VictorD10010 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 am
Would todd make army builders?

I can only think of these guys,what more?

Ah there is the Oa Guardians too

I am somewhat doubtful of this unless it’s maybe a Todd store exclusive. I think he’s too proud of the sculpting to do a generic army builder.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri May 27, 2022 7:13 pm

Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:22 pm
Spent a lot of time kitbashing/customizing different combos using 3J Batman...it's an imperfect figure even with the correct colors. The result was a figure that looks great on his own or next to the Bat Family, but not the Justice League. I would just wait until Todd inevitably releases another classic (or close to classic) Batman.
Probably my favorite Batman kitbash in my collection right now is metal Batman with a 3J head. I shortened the figure at the ankles slightly but there’s room for more.

Second favorite is Arkham body with 3J arms and legs, death metal head. But those 3J legs are just too long in the calves.

Calf length seems to be a common problem and my suspicion is that these figures are scaled properly in the digital sculpt but once they throw the ball joint ankle in they don’t set the joint deep enough and the height gets bumped up. It seems to happen on all the figures with a flared boot ankle.

If you line a lot of the too tall figures up at the waist you can see that upper bodies all scale properly, the thighs are consistent and then the lower legs vary greatly.
VictorD10010
CROM!

Fri May 27, 2022 9:46 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:56 pm
VictorD10010 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 am
Would todd make army builders?

I can only think of these guys,what more?

Ah there is the Oa Guardians too

I am somewhat doubtful of this unless it’s maybe a Todd store exclusive. I think he’s too proud of the sculpting to do a generic army builder.
Manhunters and Parademons are more toyetic,he could release just one and people buy more if they want
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat May 28, 2022 12:43 am

He has to make Parademons. 100% all new whether classic or Jim Lee. His own interpretation could work well here also. It's a standalone sculpt that people would buy multiples of. I think it's a safe bet from his end, just a matter of him doing it.
bat1975
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 28, 2022 1:02 am

Got it a day early. Here’s the comparison pic Mav requested. I don’t think the greys are a very good match, but I guess you could fudge it.
VictorD10010
CROM!

Sat May 28, 2022 1:12 am

He looks bulkier?
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat May 28, 2022 1:22 am

ditko wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 12:43 am
He has to make Parademons. 100% all new whether classic or Jim Lee. His own interpretation could work well here also. It's a standalone sculpt that people would buy multiples of. I think it's a safe bet from his end, just a matter of him doing it.
Well here’s the thing, the time has passed to make movie Parademons. Ship sailed when the Snyder cut came and went.

To make comic Parademons requires a comic Darkseid, which is pretty well inevitable. And at least a few other New Gods for balance. To this point, we’ve gotten no hints, no rumors, no nothing except Todd name checked Mr. Miracle once about two years ago. IIRC that is. If true, I’ll take it. But for the New Gods to work, you need a pretty good grouping of them. Mattel did about a dozen but never got to Granny. DCD did a fair amount as well. My opinion is that you could probably do about 20 New Gods and the Forever People before diminishing returns. Same as Kingdom Come. A distinct subset.
VictorD10010
CROM!

Sat May 28, 2022 1:28 am

Yeah comic darkseid first,but eventually the parademons
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 4:19 am

bat1975 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:02 am

Got it a day early. Here’s the comparison pic Mav requested. I don’t think the greys are a very good match, but I guess you could fudge it.
oof, those total heroes forearms.

Hoping that we get the running change 2 pack
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Sat May 28, 2022 4:34 am

Found this at Target today. Not sure when it was due out. Surprised to find it, though.Image
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 4:57 am

The forearms on that Hush Batman are just plain lazy. It really makes the figure pretty much useless (at least to me). I like both the 3J Batman and Rebirth Batman better than that thing. So I'm really considering cancelling my pre-order for the 2-pack. Since Hush is also a single release I don't really see a reason to get the 2-pack any longer.

Hopefully down the line they'll fix the forearms and offer the Batman as a single release. Maybe with the dark blue instead of black as well. Now that I would buy.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”