McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
PG-Superfan
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Thu May 19, 2022 3:38 am

Nevermind. Just read that the comic is new.

The possibility exists for future waves to include reprints as a way to do classic looks.

Imagine Crisis #7 with Perez Superman, Supergirl, Pariah, and Psycho Pirate.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 3:45 am

VictorD10010 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:32 am
There is a lighter in this 2 pack,but would you buy because of 1 hand?

I purchased this set off Ebay a long time ago, and it might work well. I used it with 6" scale figures, but I'll try it out with Constantine too.

$12 for a Cigarette, lighter, and headphones.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233295194681?h ... Swk5NdOACO
VictorD10010
CROM!

Thu May 19, 2022 3:57 am

Bruh perfect
Mysticmanjrf1
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:05 am

Some really nicely done figures, but other than Constantine I'll wait and see how these look in hand or official pics.

I was hoping that Batman would have a closed mouth...two really incredible Batman head sculpts that both don't have a neutral face. Black Adam is also nicely done. But not sure if that alone will cause me to sink $20-$25 into these.

Looks like that Superman will fit right in with the Rebirth scale figures. He's got the newer torso cut so I bet he'll have a decent ab crunch. Head sculpt isn't as good as the previous Superman but the figure looks functionally improved. I'm sure at this point they wanted to do something new for Superman's headsculpt. The AC1000 head has gotten plenty of re-use.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:10 pm

Has there been any indication why this line is under the DCDirect banner? I mean, so long as they're using McFarlane paint and plastic quality, it doesn't matter, but I am curious.
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 19, 2022 2:12 pm

I’m actually really excited about the Superman.
He’s looking like one of my favorite figures of the line. If we can get another figure with some brighter colors on his costume I’d be very happy.
No bring on more Superman villains!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 4:32 pm

anthonywayne wrote:
Has there been any indication why this line is under the DCDirect banner? I mean, so long as they're using McFarlane paint and plastic quality, it doesn't matter, but I am curious.
Would be pretty funny if they used the DCD clear plastic for pins and joints :lol:
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 4:46 pm

Damn, Constantine already sold out on Amazon.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 5:39 pm

Click Here&nbsp
Roufuss wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:46 pm
Damn, Constantine already sold out on Amazon.
He's back up on Amazon now. Got mine from BBTS cuz they don't put their price bump on most McF figures.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:34 pm

Nik wrote:

He's back up on Amazon now. Got mine from BBTS cuz they don't put their price bump on most McF figures.
I've wondered about that. Why do you think that is?

Does McFarlane offer better discounts to retailers? Is it because the figures are so readily available at retail that they have to at least match the competition or risk not selling? Are they selling so much volume that it works out financially?

I've always figured BBT charges a bit more to help offset their cheap shipping options. But that doesn't track with these, as they are heavier and in larger packaging than many competitor products.

I wonder if McFarlane is an easier company to do business with than others.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:36 pm

Anybody got Amazon links for the 7” page punchers? Can’t seem to find them.
Edit: Never mind, got ‘em.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:48 pm

christianpyro wrote:
Nik wrote:

Does McFarlane offer better discounts to retailers? Is it because the figures are so readily available at retail that they have to at least match the competition or risk not selling? Are they selling so much volume that it works out financially?

I've always figured BBT charges a bit more to help offset their cheap shipping options. But that doesn't track with these, as they are heavier and in larger packaging than many competitor products.

According to my lcs owner that is the case. Its because the company is owned by Todd he can keep costs low. My understanding from talking to him is he sets it up so that they make at least a 7 dollar profit per figure when other companies they make something as low as 2 dollars profit if they use the suggested retail price.

Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:00 pm

seditionary wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:48 pm
christianpyro wrote:
Nik wrote:

According to my lcs owner that is the case. Its because the company is owned by Todd he can keep costs low. My understanding from talking to him is he sets it up so that they make at least a 7 dollar profit per figure when other companies they make something as low as 2 dollars profit if they use the suggested retail price.

Even with all of the (valid) complaints about his stuff, Todd is just straight up great for the toy community. His enthusiasm and care, for his toylines and his fans, is unparalleled in the industry.
TheGrammatizator
I wish I had super powers

Thu May 19, 2022 7:12 pm

anthonywayne wrote:
I've seen it said that DCD isn't going to retail and so this is directed more towards those hardcore buyers and fans rather than the general audience.
It's another way for McF to get more produced and take more collector-focused risks.

This is the line I see them giving us those deepcuts and I personally love it!

Not related, but man what's up with the 2nd Crime Syndicate BAF release?? It was supposed to be out last month right?
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:17 pm

TheGrammatizator wrote: Not related, but man what's up with the 2nd Crime Syndicate BAF release?? It was supposed to be out last month right?
I keep asking the same thing. I'm kind of annoyed having a chunk of Starro the Conqueror staring at me with its multiple puppy dog eyes wondering when it'll be complete.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”