McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Sun May 15, 2022 7:21 pm

Ro-El wrote:Weapons pack will most likely come back.
Yeah. Pure profit. Molds already made.

It’s also a good sign for future weapons packs and perhaps DC specific accessory packs.

A sell out also shows upper management that we as collectors don’t give a shit about their corporate toy gun ban. No matter how well meaning.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 15, 2022 7:24 pm

It’s Batman. He’ll get a single Hush release. Most likely blue and gray. He’s the one guy you know Mac/WB will rerelease with repaints. Even more so than Superman.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 15, 2022 7:45 pm

Hush Batman's arms look really short. Practically no forearms at all. For as nice as these figures are (sometimes), they really botch the proportions a whole lot. The running change definitely looks better but also accentuates his short arms by making the gloves too short. Maybe one can swap his arms with 3J Batman or something. It's such a shame because it has nothing to do with cost like paint or new sculpt, just poorly-scaled sculpt, time after time.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 16, 2022 2:20 am

Random question: does anyone know what type of seals are used on the figure packaging? Are they just clear envelope seals?
OfficialJihad
HULK SMASH!

Mon May 16, 2022 4:58 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:45 pm
Hush Batman's arms look really short. Practically no forearms at all. For as nice as these figures are (sometimes), they really botch the proportions a whole lot. The running change definitely looks better but also accentuates his short arms by making the gloves too short. Maybe one can swap his arms with 3J Batman or something. It's such a shame because it has nothing to do with cost like paint or new sculpt, just poorly-scaled sculpt, time after time.
The 3 Jokers Batman has short arms as well with overly long legs. I shortened the legs & the arms still appear to be too short for his torso/body.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 10:20 am

So, I've bought my almost 7yo his first McF figure on Sunday - 3J Batman. It was a choice for me between this one or Essentials Rebirth Batman but knowing how rought my kid can be with toys, the right one was obvious. So far he's liking it very much but his first issue with it was that the grappling hook Bats came with isn't strong enough to hold the figure hanging. It's also his first super articulated toy so for the most part of yesterday he was showing me all the articulation points he discovered. It was very funny when he figured out how to use the butterfly discs and later when I blew his little mind out after telling him to bend the elbow :lol: Now the most important test for it will be time, as in my little one is, unfortunately, one of those kids that will play with a new toys for a few days and then discard to almost never pick up again. Only a few of his toys are in constant play rotation, one of his favorites being a very old TB Spider-Man of mine, it's an almost 12" figure that had a cloth ninja costume. If Batman will be among the favorites, that'll mean I'll give Todd even more of my money from now on.

On a slightly different note, I got the Future State Jace Fox Batman today for a custom and, holy cow, that's such a nice figure. The design itself is so toyetic and cool that I'm almost sad I didn't give this one to my son instead of the boring standard Bats. I'm seriously considering buying it again, this time to keep it on my Batman/batsuits shelf. Heck, he even comes with fists and a batarang I actually like, he'd be a complete package if they gave him posed open hands as well.
IamI
Super Poseable

Mon May 16, 2022 1:13 pm

From all the pictures I’ve seen of the Hush Batman the shade of grey seems lighter than the 3J Batman.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon May 16, 2022 3:22 pm

Let the confusion continue.
VictorD10010
CROM!

Mon May 16, 2022 3:26 pm

Wtf
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 4:43 pm

You’re tearing me apart, McFarlane!! Will I get my awesome Hush Batman or Black-Elbows Magee???
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon May 16, 2022 5:47 pm

Looks like the the arm at the bicep pivot is a different shade of gray. Or maybe it’s a shadow or reflection.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon May 16, 2022 5:59 pm

Honestly i could care less about the two pack so i have no horse in the game of whats gonna come out as far as batmans elbows. It seems most likely that it'll be a factory error and that some early samples will be like that.

I'm more interested in someone getting hush and taking the coat off, i wanna see if he has his full costume under there so when i get the single release i can give him an open coat instead of that traffic cone.
Mysticmanjrf1
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 16, 2022 7:02 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:59 pm
Honestly i could care less about the two pack so i have no horse in the game of whats gonna come out as far as batmans elbows. It seems most likely that it'll be a factory error and that some early samples will be like that.

I'm more interested in someone getting hush and taking the coat off, i wanna see if he has his full costume under there so when i get the single release i can give him an open coat instead of that traffic cone.

Agreed on all of the above. There really isn't a great version of Hush out there except the very expensive Mafex one...even in a larger scale I'd happily grab Hush if I could replace the coat with cloth. Otherwise he's a pass for me.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon May 16, 2022 7:38 pm

Gentlemen, I believe the second variant will actually be Hush with an open coat and a Jason head. Hopefully with guns as I think Discovery may offer some relief on that front. Even if they don’t, we’ve got weapons coming.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Jason-head Hush would be sweet.
I actually prefer the coat closed for basic Tommy Elliot as Hush, hits those noir vibes for me as opposed to the “generic naughties paramilitary costume” outfit underneath, but for Jason-head an open coat is a must.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”