McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:05 pm

Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Mister Skeezler wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:43 pm
Were the Justice Lords in the animated series basically the same thing as the Crime Syndicate, or do they have radically different stories? Do the Justice Lords and the Crime Syndicate exist in the comics, or are they essentially the same?

I'd actually love to have the Justice Lords. They could even mine that storyline a little further and make lobotomized Joker receptionist and battle damaged Superman robots. And President Lex Luthor.

misterskeezler on Instagram
The (original) Crime Syndicate grew up on an Earth where there are no heroes. They ran the planet unopposed until the world's only hero, Alexander Luthor, stood up to them.

The Justice Lords have the exact same timeline as the Justice League, up to a certain point. They were once heroes, but changed their tune when Superman kills President Luthor.

Thank you for shamelessly allowing me to post my Justice Lords Superman custom.

Damn, when I saw this picture I was hoping it was a real figure. Looks spectacular. I would love a Justice Lords set of figures dine in this style instead of the animated one. I live the DCAU, but the designs do not translate to plastic.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

markhamknight
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:16 pm

Ultramane wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:03 am
ftw-jedi wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:20 am
Ultramane wrote:i really don't understand how most people are overlooking those elbows. it's like they were engineered by someone whos never seen an action figure before
They're definitely not the greatest, but look better than Mafex or Revoltech

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
you see this and really think so?

Why yes. Yes I do.

Mysticmanjrf1
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:43 pm

Thanks for the kind words about the custom Supes. It's actually the first custom I painted from head to toe. Except the face which just had a wash. Acrylic spray works wonders.

And damn...those Revoltech elbows are awful. Can't believe that's the articulation on a figure with that price point.
bat1975
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:47 pm

So I've had my Y2 Batman since early December (bought it from an Australian etailer). I'd been reading the posts the last few weeks about broken arms, thinking maybe I had dodged a bullet, since I had no issues with mine, despite repeated posing, etc.

Well...this weekend, I took it out again, and the right arm popped off at the bicep swivel! The peg is definitely broken, but luckily, it came off in a way where I can still kind of pop it back in using the side clip/attachments, if that makes sense. Ridiculous...
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:17 pm

markhamknight wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:16 pm
Ultramane wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:03 am
ftw-jedi wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:20 am
They're definitely not the greatest, but look better than Mafex or Revoltech

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
you see this and really think so?

Why yes. Yes I do.

except it doesn't look nearly that bad in use. i just checked a couple reviews to make sure, and sure enough its yet another example of someone exposing as much of a revolver joint as possible to make them look worse than they are. even still, i'd say thats comparable to the peacemaker elbows which are also not great, but also don't have giant slots cut so deep into the arms that you can see the detents on the joint.

i think this all really highlights that there's multiple people at mcfarlane toys working on articulation, and someone knows what they're doing (integrating the wrists and ankles properly, the nice single joints on azrael and superman), and someone who doesn't (ultraman or peacemaker elbows, cutting the ankle and just shoving a joint in like grim knight).
markhamknight
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:22 pm

Ultramane wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:17 pm
except it doesn't look nearly that bad in use. i just checked a couple reviews to make sure, and sure enough its yet another example of someone exposing as much of a revolver joint as possible to make them look worse than they are. even still, i'd say thats comparable to the peacemaker elbows which are also not great, but also don't have giant slots cut so deep into the arms that you can see the detents on the joint.

i think this all really highlights that there's multiple people at mcfarlane toys working on articulation, and someone knows what they're doing (integrating the wrists and ankles properly, the nice single joints on azrael and superman), and someone who doesn't (ultraman or peacemaker elbows, cutting the ankle and just shoving a joint in like grim knight).
Why yes, yes it does... I have the Joker Revoltech figure (along with other Revoltech figures) and I have found great poses to do with hiding the gaps and ugliness of the joints in pictures, but any 360 video of any pose that isn't a neutral museum pose shows the ugliness of the joints.

When you're a seasoned toy collector, you understand more articulation means less pretty joints, doesn't stop me from buying it. Already PO'd New 52 Superman by Revoltech lol.
markhamknight
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:42 pm

Anyone who bought anything Revoltech for the $100+ USD it costs to own one, already know the joints are NEVER pretty lol.

Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:38 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:39 pm
I suspect the other three to complete Starro will be Emerald Knight, Superwoman and Quick. Owlman will be as Aquaman is, available everywhere to purchase.
I hope so. And that if Atomica isn't an actual figure she's at least a pack-in with one of them.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:39 pm

Ooh I had that Deadpool, sold it the same day I got it in the mail.

@Mysticmanjrf1 that JL Superman is truly fantastic

I'm gonna shamelessly plug my Lobo repaint, just finished him.
Zorn88
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:50 pm

Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:22 am
Thank you for shamelessly allowing me to post my Justice Lords Superman custom.

Nice work, my man! Forgot about this character and that has been one of my favorite arcs from the Justice League show. I have a spare Superman from the Devastator 2-pack, and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Now I do lol. Thanks for the inspiration!
WhattheWhat
Super Poseable

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:07 am

I found the new Lex Luthor, The new movie Batman and Batgirl from the 3 Jokers wave over the weekend and passed on all of them because they all had the side-eye gaze. Totally ruined the figures for me. Am I the only one?
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:10 am

WhattheWhat wrote:I found the new Lex Luthor, The new movie Batman and Batgirl from the 3 Jokers wave over the weekend and passed on all of them because they all had the side-eye gaze. Totally ruined the figures for me. Am I the only one?
I got the green Luthor and although the side eye annoys me, the figure is so good that I can get over it. I'm not really feeling the movie figures and will more than likely wait until Sh Figuarts or Mafex releases theirs, moreso Figuarts since Mafex still is extremely slow when it comes to releasing figures.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:20 am

I saw a Speed Force JL Flash variant at Target today. Never even heard of that variant, but I'm not a Zack Snyder DC fan so it wouldn't be on my radar anyways. The reason I bring it up is that I think the variance is supposed to be a translucent effect that looks like he's going so fast he's turning into Speed Force, right? Cuz boy only had 1 translucent butt cheek and the rest of him looked painted. I may have just not noticed his other translucent parts, but I guarantee that specific figure's right half is all painted except his right ham hock.

It kinda makes him look like an ad for Icy Hot.
Mysticmanjrf1
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:28 am

That Lobo looks great. These sculpts really pop with the right wash/detailing.

As for speed force Flash - I'm pretty sure the back half is supposed to be painted with a blue/translucent effect. Looks a little silly if you ask me...I do like the name "icy hot Flash", though. Pretty fitting.

blackcomicnerd wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:10 am
WhattheWhat wrote:I found the new Lex Luthor, The new movie Batman and Batgirl from the 3 Jokers wave over the weekend and passed on all of them because they all had the side-eye gaze. Totally ruined the figures for me. Am I the only one?
I got the green Luthor and although the side eye annoys me, the figure is so good that I can get over it. I'm not really feeling the movie figures and will more than likely wait until Sh Figuarts or Mafex releases theirs, moreso Figuarts since Mafex still is extremely slow when it comes to releasing figures.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I also found the green Luthor at a Target today and begrudgingly paid full price for the side eye, but it is indeed a great figure. Glad I picked it up. The sculpt on this guy is really cool, one of my favorites in the line.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:24 pm

Someone should ask Todd why does Lobo of all characters not have trigger fingers.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”