McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
PG-Superfan
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:19 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:39 pm
I suspect the other three to complete Starro will be Emerald Knight, Superwoman and Quick. Owlman will be as Aquaman is, available everywhere to purchase.
Agreed. Also fits with the mini as Amazo never tried to possess Owlman and it would be awkward to make a baby Amazo that fits his shoulders/cloak. On top of that none of the silhouettes have a cape or pointy mask.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:42 pm

BruceKent wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:30 pm
Ultramane wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:18 am
i just wanna know who's responsible for the truly disgusting elbows on ultraman. i don't understand how anyone looked at that and thought it was okay.
Same people that left TDKR Superman’s belt loops unpainted!
I'm 99% sure they are painted and the entire piece is red underneath. i could see that being a budget thing somehow, like maybe setting up the paint mask is an added cost, but there's no excuse for those elbows other than incompetence. i've never seen an attempt at articulation look so shitty.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:38 pm

lol I guess I'm the only one who digs this figure a lot. I'm sure it will alleviate some of these issues in person. He looks bright and imposing. I never liked the Crime Syndicate either, but am really into this.

I'll never forget DCC never reusing their Gentle Giant sculpted Crime Syndicate so long ago. We shall see what happens here.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:43 pm

Were the Justice Lords in the animated series basically the same thing as the Crime Syndicate, or do they have radically different stories? Do the Justice Lords and the Crime Syndicate exist in the comics, or are they essentially the same?

I'd actually love to have the Justice Lords. They could even mine that storyline a little further and make lobotomized Joker receptionist and battle damaged Superman robots. And President Lex Luthor.

misterskeezler on Instagram

ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:21 am

Mister Skeezler wrote:Were the Justice Lords in the animated series basically the same thing as the Crime Syndicate, or do they have radically different stories? Do the Justice Lords and the Crime Syndicate exist in the comics, or are they essentially the same?

I'd actually love to have the Justice Lords. They could even mine that storyline a little further and make lobotomized Joker receptionist and battle damaged Superman robots. And President Lex Luthor.

The Crime Syndicate and the Justice Lords are different, they just share the same concept as evil versions of the Justice League from a parallel Earth/alternate dimension.

The Justice Lords started as the League, but later went a stray.
The Crime Syndicate comes from Earth 3, where all the heroes we know are bad.

Mysticmanjrf1
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:22 am

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Were the Justice Lords in the animated series basically the same thing as the Crime Syndicate, or do they have radically different stories? Do the Justice Lords and the Crime Syndicate exist in the comics, or are they essentially the same?

The (original) Crime Syndicate grew up on an Earth where there are no heroes. They ran the planet unopposed until the world's only hero, Alexander Luthor, stood up to them.

The Justice Lords have the exact same timeline as the Justice League, up to a certain point. They were once heroes, but changed their tune when Superman kills President Luthor.

Thank you for shamelessly allowing me to post my Justice Lords Superman custom.

ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:32 am

bananaman wrote:The Crime syndicate to me have always felt like the laziest, most unimaginative idea for Villains that there is. Somebody at DC sat there and thought who can the justice league fight this month.......wow I have a fantastic idea, evil versions of the justice league.

Kind of perfect that the Ultraman figure is a little phoned in. In fact he has been a serial phoned in figure, remember Mattels DCUC 2 pack with the horseshoe on his chest. 5 pack wasn't much better (Owlman got the sculpting budget).

There are def. characters I would have liked before mining the Crime Syndicate but this wave is all about Starro for me. Don't tell Todd but I would have bought 3 Detective 1000's to complete Starro.
To be fair, the Crime Syndicate was created in the 60s and I'd assume every major franchise has some sort of evil versions of themselves.
Starro is most likely the major selling point for most I'd assume

ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:44 am

Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Mister Skeezler wrote:

The (original) Crime Syndicate grew up on an Earth where there are no heroes. They ran the planet unopposed until the world's only hero, Alexander Luthor, stood up to them.

The Justice Lords have the exact same timeline as the Justice League, up to a certain point. They were once heroes, but changed their tune when Superman kills President Luthor.

Excellent Justice Lords Supes!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

felgekarp
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 am

I’ve always been a big fan of the Crime Syndicate but more the original appearance costumes, I know we won’t get updated versions of those but I’ll pick these up.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:22 am

My preference would be frank quietlys version from jla earth 2

I understand using more modern versions though.
VictorD10010
CROM!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:56 am

Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:07 am

bananaman wrote:The Crime syndicate to me have always felt like the laziest, most unimaginative idea for Villains that there is. Somebody at DC sat there and thought who can the justice league fight this month.......wow I have a fantastic idea, evil versions of the justice league.

Kind of perfect that the Ultraman figure is a little phoned in. In fact he has been a serial phoned in figure, remember Mattels DCUC 2 pack with the horseshoe on his chest. 5 pack wasn't much better (Owlman got the sculpting budget).

There are def. characters I would have liked before mining the Crime Syndicate but this wave is all about Starro for me. Don't tell Todd but I would have bought 3 Detective 1000's to complete Starro.
There’s much more to the CS than that. I recommend reading the Silver Age stories in which they originated. As with most analogues, they serve to offer different perspectives on familiar characters and ask the question, “What if—“.” This idea is played out now but was new to comics in the Silver Age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mysticmanjrf1
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:30 am

VictorD10010 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:56 am
Definitely this.
VictorD10010
CROM!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:33 am

I only dislike owlman,i prefer the other ones with the helmet ears
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:19 am

Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Mister Skeezler wrote:

This is [email protected]#$ fantastic. Well done sir!

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”