McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
ShadowofWayne
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:41 pm

For anyone wondering what the Y2 Batman looks like with the 3J body darker grey. I'm moving forward with my extensive "ultimate" 90's Batman because I really like how this turned out. It's very DCUC series 1 right now haha. I'm gonna go with a darker blue though. You'd still have to re-sculpt the boot tips to match the 3J body mold, so some painting will be required either way.

maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Look at the lower part of the upper torso. The articulation break point is shaped differently than the infected mold. The upper torso is all new.

The lower torso might be re-used but it’s hard to tell. It’s obscured too much.

The only part of the arms that might be re-used is the forearms. Shoulders and upper arms are definitely new.

Jnl toys has teased multiple times now that this year is going to be big for McFarlane (epic, huge etc). I wonder how much of his influence we can thank for the current state of the line. He’s the design director at McFarlane and seems to be working on the DC line. He got the position in June and McFarlane seems to work at a quicker pace than Hasbro so he might have had a hand in the current releases.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:44 pm

still very curious about whether or not you can just pull the inner peg out of the 3j batman's bicep and plug it into the y2.
Mysticmanjrf1
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:40 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 pm
Elbows have completely different cuts, arms can't be the same. Torso is clearly different due to the new logo. If there's any reuse at all, that might be the chest and ab areas, but resculpted and added new seam lines. It also looks like his traps are much smaller than Infected.
I've stared at pictures for way too long trying to figure this out, and I still see the Infected/Rebirth torso and arms. It's definitely been retooled for the chest symbol, and the elbows are cut differently, but the lines on the chest, ribcage, lower torso, and shoulders are straight from Infected.

Not sure if it's slimmed down, or just if the pics make the sculpt look more fluid....but unless I'm going nuts, I'm pretty sure that torso at least started the same as Infected in their 3d modeling, before being slightly altered.
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:41 pm

Instead of tiny Atomica packed with somebody else, I'd rather have tiny Atomica packed with regular size Atomica.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:28 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Jnl toys has teased multiple times now that this year is going to be big for McFarlane (epic, huge etc). I wonder how much of his influence we can thank for the current state of the line. He’s the design director at McFarlane and seems to be working on the DC line. He got the position in June and McFarlane seems to work at a quicker pace than Hasbro so he might have had a hand in the current releases.
It’s been one helluva January to begin with. I’m not saying he’ll keep up this pace, but there have been something like eighteen preorders go live including the Y2 Batman (again), and a huge curveball that came without any rumors ahead of it. CSA/Starro is gonna be spectacular.
ShadowofWayne
Super Poseable

Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:02 am

Ultramane wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:44 pm
still very curious about whether or not you can just pull the inner peg out of the 3j batman's bicep and plug it into the y2.
Wow, I didn't even think about that. I bet with some specific surgery, it could work. I just had my broken Y2 arm re-break on me, but I went a bit too hard on it. Gonna have to figure out a more permanent solution other than supergluing the peg.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:03 am

I’d agree that the torso started as infected but looking at the product pics rather than the promo pics and you can see lots of little differences.

The shoulders lack the indent where the bicep connects. The bicep side profile has a different U shape where it connects.

The shape of the bottom of the upper torso is slightly different than infected. It looks like it was retooled with more material (less of a u shape cut) to accommodate the chest symbol.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:06 am

Wait, the Starro wave is a Target exclusive?
Damn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:08 am

MagnusPrimal wrote:Wait, the Starro wave is a Target exclusive?
Damn it.

Yep. I'm gonna need help on this whole set cuz Target doesn't ship to my state at anymore

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

JOExHIGASHI
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:21 am

ftw-jedi wrote:
Damn it.

Yep. I'm gonna need help on this whole set cuz Target doesn't ship to my state at anymore

Is there a target in your state?
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:45 am

JOExHIGASHI wrote:
ftw-jedi wrote:
Damn it.

Is there a target in your state?
Yes, but it would've been much easier to preorder like everyone else

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:20 am

When does the Starro wave go up for preorder? Or is that still up in the air?

misterskeezler on Instagram

Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:38 am

ultraman has been up for pre-order
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:51 am

maverick10126 wrote:
AMAZING news! The start to 2022 has really kicked ass and I am even taking a break from Transformers to focus on McFarlane stuff. It's just very fresh and fun. I hope SPAWN is part of the reason for this epic year as well.

Should I follow JNL somewhere?
Shinigami_PL wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:05 pm

If you read my post after this one, you'd see that I had a moment to look closely at Ultraman and I did say that he's all new ;)
Aye I see I see haha. The level of care McFarlane puts in these figures by way of new sculpts and detail is inspiring. It's what excited me about Toy Biz long ago and Todd at the beginning. I feel fortunate to have him in 2021-22.
Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:28 pm
Pretty sure Ultraman uses at least the same torso and arms as Rebirth Superman. You can see the seam lines on the right shoulder, ribs and chest, and it's got the exact same lines/wrinkles on the lower torso. Same wrist detail. The legs do look slightly different at the knees/calves, but if you look at the thighs it has the same seam line (vertical down the center of the thigh then covers the outer thigh).

Maybe they modified the Rebirth design or slimmed some of it down but the sculpt looks to be the same.

The legs are totally different. Proportionally and the lines you mentioned are not the same. They could have been reflected in the CAD file maybe but I am talking out of my ass there. Anyway I am really stoked. THIS looks like the Superman I wanted (well except for it not really being Superman).

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”