McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:16 pm

I'll agree with the train of thought that the McFarlane ankles are fine in theory and poor in execution. In addition to them being way to harshly ratcheted they also are usually not seated particularly well within the sculpt and just look like obvious balls where ankles should or theres a big gap where they just cut the sculpt and stuck in a tiny ball joint (usually the figures with bigger boots). Modern imports seat those types of joints into the sculpt further and they generally transition from sculpting to ball joint more smoother/elegantly so it isn't such an abrupt a change from sculpted leg to balljoint to foot.
markhamknight
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:36 pm

Finally got my Battinson, here in Canada, feels like we're so behind on all the toy releases.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:22 pm

Year 2 Batman arrived today. I wasn't expecting the box to be so huge! No breakage (so far), but I've been extra cautious thanks to all the warnings. Did the hot water trick to loosen both arms and had to do it multiple times to get the arm to fit in the socket. Mine arrived with a bent ear (I've seen a lot of similar bent ears online), so I used the water on it as well, and it straightened out perfectly.

Overall, this is an incredible figure. I wish it wasn't so fragile, as that really hurts its playability. I'd have this thing out and mess around with it all the time if it could switch easily between capes, because I think both looks are great. I don't even notice the inaccurate boots so much, as the figure and display stand are so dynamic.

I really think McFarlane Toys should offer replacement arms for those who need them, as the Target hassle for this guy was ridiculous. I'm really happy I have mine, and just hope it won't break when I switch the capes back...
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:30 pm

LOVING these Bat-reveals over the last week or so. Future State was my most anticipated figure reveal and Todd nailed it....excepy WHY WHY WHY the coat?? Todd is obsessed with capes and coats. I need some bare arms to kitbash unless he does a variant. Please bring on the Magistrate next!! And I echo Tommy on House of El.

Target delivered my Y2 Bats just days after pre-ordering - awesome piece.

BTW is that artist proof Superman really rare?? I want one to paint.
PG-Superfan
CROM!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:42 pm

Has anyone tried putting the 3J Clown head on the Rebirth Joker body?

I prefer the Clown head but the colors of the Rebirth body.

I just want to make sure it works. My Rebirth Joker is packed away. There are a ton of Clown Jokers nearby but I'm not crazy about the suit colors.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:40 am

Target wants me to send my broken Year 2 Batman back for refund…

Get my money back, have no big cape Batman…
keep big cape Batman, deal with/repair shoddy product with no incentive from either Target or McFarlane…

Sigh…
Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:14 am

Late to the party, but I found Lobo at Target today, along with 3 Jokers Batgirl and Red Hood at Walmart.

So, Todd manages to make almost every figure available in plentiful numbers at retail, almost everything is a brand new sculpt, and it stays mostly at the $20 retail. He even offered a full playset, and a vehicle at the same price Hasbro charges for a "deluxe" figure. He's showing it's possible, and most likely profitable. So what's the other guys' excuses?
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:41 am

Don't know if it's a good idea to start a new thread for the DKR wave, but...no one's actually gotten these yet, have they? Didn't think I'd missed any news on these...
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:00 am

featofstrength wrote:

keep big cape Batman, deal with/repair shoddy product with no incentive from either Target or McFarlane…

Sigh…
That stinks. Do you have 3 Jokers Batman? I don't have him yet, but I'm wondering if the arm piece is the same color. Since no one is having problems with that one, maybe you can figure a way to swap out the parts and then just return the broken 3 Jokers Batman instead?

Anybody try that kind of swap yet?
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:12 am

anthonywayne wrote:
Don't know if it's a good idea to start a new thread for the DKR wave, but...no one's actually gotten these yet, have they? Didn't think I'd missed any news on these...
Only in Asia, that I've seen. In the previous thread I posted in-hand images from an instagram account.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:32 am

anthonywayne wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=94504

We already have a thread. It’s just that no one has posted to it for a while.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:37 am

Rex Mason wrote:
featofstrength wrote:

Sigh…
That stinks. Do you have 3 Jokers Batman? I don't have him yet, but I'm wondering if the arm piece is the same color. Since no one is having problems with that one, maybe you can figure a way to swap out the parts and then just return the broken 3 Jokers Batman instead?

3J is a darker grey. But if it’s under the cape it would probably just look like a shadow.

BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:19 am

Rex Mason wrote:
featofstrength wrote:

Sigh…

Saw a pic on IG of a 3J BATMAN with broken bicep peg.
jaygarrick1940
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:23 am

Ultramane wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:51 am
jimbles wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:26 am
Ultramane wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:24 am
also the ankles are great.
Full stop: No. They need improvements.
i have never had a single issue with them and wish every line used them. for a while there i was making it a point to buy any marvel legend that used them just to support their use because they're better than any other option.
I agree with Ultramane. I have never had an issue with the ankles on the McFarlane figures. If they are a little tight, I just move them around to loosen them up and they all stand just fine on the soles of their feet. I haven't had to boil the figures or use a stand to hold them up. I don't put them in differnet poses, just standing normally.

I have heard of people buying multiple figures to find one where the ankles work or they take it apart to fix the joint.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:27 am

Odowan wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:14 am
Late to the party, but I found Lobo at Target today, along with 3 Jokers Batgirl and Red Hood at Walmart.

So, Todd manages to make almost every figure available in plentiful numbers at retail, almost everything is a brand new sculpt, and it stays mostly at the $20 retail. He even offered a full playset, and a vehicle at the same price Hasbro charges for a "deluxe" figure. He's showing it's possible, and most likely profitable. So what's the other guys' excuses?

They have shareholders to appease. The rich gotta get richer after all. Todd owns McFarlane Toys lock, stock and barrel. So he only has to appease himself. And he's not a greedy d-bag like most other company CEOs. He's an artist first and likes creating cool stuff and getting into the hands of the fans and collectors who will appreciate it.

That's why I'll continue to support this line as long as he has it.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”