McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:56 am

Got the Year 2 Batman this afternoon. I'm really having difficulty putting his left arm into his body. Anyone else having the same issue?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

StormyTrooper
Super Poseable

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:03 am

Nik wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:37 pm
Isn't it funny that Reverse Flash is taking so long to get to us? He's the reverse of fast.

Don't side-eye me.
No side-eye, just a *high-five* :wink:

You know, it's not like I'm new to collecting: I've been through the cancellations, the delays, the pre-orders that feel like they're never going to get here but, for some reason, this Reverse Flash delay is just bugging me. I mean, I have a decent sized Reverse Flash collection so it's hardly like I can't reach over and pick one of them up right now if I want to pose him or take pics or whatever. But I just want this one in my hand right now for some reason. :x

Okay, back to trying to be Zen. *does Yoga breathing* :wink:
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:28 am

Year 2 Batman arrives tomorrow! I'm also making a toy run in hopes of finding a few figures from The Batman, too, so it should be a good toy day.

I still don't know where to put Year 2 in my displays yet, so I think he'll linger on my desk a few months if he looks half as good as the pictures on here.
jaygarrick1940
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:49 am

I was reading this article and it sounds like most of the complaints I've heard from others in this forum on the previous threads.

https://bleedingcool.com/collectibles/w ... gure-line/
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:58 am

It feels laughable to say the line will be dead by the end of 2022. Yes there is the side eye thing that some collectors don’t like. Yes there have been some QC issues on a few figures. But look at all the stuff slated for the first few months of 2022. The rumored list is long and diverse. More diverse than the first two years. And even the second year was an improvement over the first. Where things stand, year 3 should be well over 100 releases. Possibly 150 if you count all the repaints. Considering that everyone wants a deeper larger line, that means there will be something for everyone.

That to me can only be positive.

I only buy select themes from marvel legends but I’m glad they put out over 150 a year. It means the chances of the stuff I want being made is greater.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:32 am

Clickbait article. He wants views. He may also be sincere in that he wants Todd to see and be aware of some problems. In his view anyway. I’m sure Todd has nothing but people blowing smoke up his @$$. Bleeding Cool gets lots of attention, and can start some shit in the collector world. Gets people chattering.
VictorD10010
CROM!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:51 am

I don't think an article will change Todd way of doing his figures
BAT
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:58 am

blackcomicnerd wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:56 am
Got the Year 2 Batman this afternoon. I'm really having difficulty putting his left arm into his body. Anyone else having the same issue?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Yes, same issue. And once I get it in, it (and frankly the other arm as well) pops out easily when articulating it at the shoulder. Between that and the fact that the armless body wants to sink into the shell cape making Batman look like a turtle makes me wish McF had just made 2 figures, one fixed in the shell cape and one with properly secured arms. This is the one case I wouldn't have minded McF's annoying practice of double-selling me the same figure with minor mods (alternate heads, hands, effects) that are generally just accessories in most modern lines. I'd have preferred the double sale for a more functional pair of figures.

I do love that shell cape and have always wanted that dramatic look, but really would have preferred less options for a lower price.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:02 am

Todd is at a high level of wealth and success, I doubt that an article like that would even show up on his radar.
Postalboy
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:05 am

I ordered Year 2 Batman and received two (only charged for one). I guess I'll return one for a refund and keep the "free" one :lol:
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:23 am

I guess I got really lucky with my year two Batman then I have no issues with mine at all
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:26 am

I know Todd and Capullo are pals, but I hope we’re done with his awful designs and any more of Snyder’s “ideas.”

Looking forward to getting 3J Batman and maybe swapping the head with a cast of the NECA Batman I got on eBay. Will definitely paint the TRUNKS black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:04 am

I've recently gotten 3 Jokers Killing Joke Joker from GS, power suit Lex from Target, Lobo from Amazon (and YEESH, is his face bright white), and I ordered regular Swamp Thing last week from Amazon, and got this guy in on Sunday.

ImageConcrete-thing by lionpride75, on Flickr

I was going to do some paint work on Swampy anyway to bring out some of those vines, tree bark and flowers, so this may just turn into a full on repaint if I ever decide to go through with it. Lobo needs a little wash on the face and maybe a little white dry brushing on his skin to even him out a bit.
Love the Joker. I have other cameras and crowbars that are smaller and will work better for him.

Other than Lex's side eye (that IS becoming a problem based on all the pics I'm seeing in reviews of new figures), I really like him.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:16 am

maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:23 am

I feel like Death Metal really soured people on Scott snyder. Which to be fair I ended up not like Death Metal as much as I hoped. But one story doesn’t take away from everything Scott snyder did. Snyder’s total Batman run is impressive. His New52 run is one of the few good things to come out of the whole New52 experiment.

I do think his crossover events leaned too heavily into Batman but it’s hard to blame him. Batman is widely considered the top DC name and he clearly has a good feel for the character.

We know there’s no way Todd is done making Batman’s. I’m cool with him calling it a day on the death metal stuff as those weren’t as interesting as Metal. I do however hope Todd’s not done with Snyder/capullo stuff. I’m probably in the minority but I’d love a New52 batsuit. I had the designer series figure and I really liked it at the time.

Lots of good things from that New52 run. Talon is definitely needed at the very least.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”