McFarlane DC Multiverse Build-A-Frost King wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

McFarlane DC Multiverse Build-A-Frost King wave

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:07 pm

Batman, Black Adam, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern! Collect them all to build Frost King from the Endless Winter series.

Who's getting them? Who just wants the Frost King? Who's irked that John Stewart was just out and is now needed to complete the Collect to Build figure? Who else felt it had been too long since a Batman figure was released?

Discuss the Collect to Build a wave that's coming in April.
juandeecimo
Faster than a speeding bullet

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse Build-A-Frost King wave

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:09 am

In the "just wants the Frost King" camp.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:18 am

Aquaman and Black Adam for me. Love that Wonder Woman, but don’t need it. Stewart is redundant. Batman is an awful design and Frost King is a throwaway villain from a minor event. Need to focus.
jaygarrick1940
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:46 am

This might have been an interesting wave but I do not like that Black Adam doesn't match any version I have ever seen of him. Batman & Wonder Woman are interesting, I like that they made alternate version of characters that go together from the same storyline. But why re-release John Stewart? Why not make Viking Prince instead? I didn't read the story, so I have no attachment to Frost King, but It's looks like a good figure. I may consider waiting for these to go on sale if I decide to get them. I don't need 2 John Stewarts, unless I have one for the GLC & one for the JLA.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:04 am

I'm down for the wave. Sucker for a cool CnC and the individual figures are enticing enough. John S. maybe not so much but I do plan on building a GL Corp as well as a JLA.
PG-Superfan
CROM!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:52 am

It's funny how both John Stewart releases miscolored his hands. They're supposed to be bare in the comics.

Version 1 colored them black. This new version colors them green.
Darth_Primus
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:32 pm

Since I already have John Stewart, adding him to this wave is somewhat a deal breaker. I'm going just to have to wait until summer to see if the price drops.
FPJonesIII
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:22 pm

I was just looking at the photos for this wave's Wonder Woman figure, and I noticed that the image used for the card has some significant differences. Her facial expression and tiara are completely different, her right arm has an additional piece of red armor, the gold doesn't look like cheese, and she's got a shield on her left arm.

Could just be an early render of the figure before certain things were changed/decided for the retail figure, but what do people think the chances are of there being a non-C&C version in the works? Kinda like the Batman Beyond figures.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:33 pm

that is mostly the case, both wonder and batman look different on the card and not like the actual figure. so for sure i can see them being variants just like what we got with the BB wave.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:49 pm

The leak then reveal had me excited. I think all the figures look really cool, especially Frost King. I skipped Green Lantern so that helps. Very much looking forward to this one and hoping for more Justice League BAAF waves in the future.
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:19 am

I want Batman. I will get the entire wave. Mildly excited for Frost King. Would be an easily pass on the others, but that's not what I do.
FPJonesIII
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:10 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:33 pm
that is mostly the case, both wonder and batman look different on the card and not like the actual figure. so for sure i can see them being variants just like what we got with the BB wave.
Batman is a little different, but just looks like an early 3D render of the figure to me. Makes me wonder if the same is true for Wonder Woman, but just with more physical differences between the early render and final project.
MLNUT
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:59 pm

I want that Frost King for my Thor display.
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:17 pm

The Frost King parts look terrific in store in their packages. And the body piece I got with Wondy confirms he’s a cool fig. That head sculpt, in particular, looks awesome.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:47 pm

I went back to Walmart today and picked up the DKR set and the Justice League Endless Winter Batman.
Justice League Endless Winter Batman -
UPC -
Spoiler! :

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”