McFarlane DC Multiverse The 3 Jokers wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse The 3 Jokers wave

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:25 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:07 am
PresidentJuggernaut wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:33 pm
In the end, I think the belt is more classic looking on the Three Jokers version, and since the trunks fit better than if swapped, I elected to paint them black rather than swap:

What type of paint did you use? I only keep asking people because I use the stuff they recommend for Warhammer minis and while it looks fine it flakes, and I find if I put the sealant stuff over it to prevent the flaking then it just looks ultra glossy? Any way to both seal it and prevent the paint rubbing in places? This seems to be the case even with matte level sealant.
Testors Model Master, flat black. Acrylic, not enamel. Enamel won’t dry onto soft action figure plastic well, and might crumble and flake.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:25 am

Testors Model Master, flat black. Acrylic, not enamel. Enamel won’t dry onto soft action figure plastic well, and might crumble and flake.
Ok thanks. I know enough not to use enamel, but those sealants for the acrylic even tend up amp up the gloss. Dunno how I feel about Batman with glossy rubber outer-underwear.
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:18 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:33 pm
In the end, I think the belt is more classic looking on the Three Jokers version, and since the trunks fit better than if swapped, I elected to paint them black rather than swap:

What type of paint did you use? I only keep asking people because I use the stuff they recommend for Warhammer minis and while it looks fine it flakes, and I find if I put the sealant stuff over it to prevent the flaking then it just looks ultra glossy? Any way to both seal it and prevent the paint rubbing in places? This seems to be the case even with matte level sealant.
Hmmm. Now I am thinking of this instead of swapping to not lose leg movement but I have doubts of painting skills...Lol.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:30 pm

Ecto121 wrote:Absolutely love this figure, it’s just so much fun to poseImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is probably my favorite version of Batman so far. I’m debating buying a custom cloth cape for him.

PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:14 pm

My Three Jokers Red Hood just arrived from Amazon, I opened up the box, went to twist his head straight, and it snapped right off. Looks like really brittle plastic on the long peg that connects into the neck and the top of the largely-hollow head. Not fun.
WinterLord
Super Poseable

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:42 pm

Sgt. Stinky wrote:
JTMarsh wrote:

Hmmm. Now I am thinking of this instead of swapping to not lose leg movement but I have doubts of painting skills...Lol.
Its really easy to paint the trunks. If you get the acrylic paint on other parts, just wipe it off with water before it dries. You can still get it off with water even if it dries. It took me less than two minutes to paint my batman's trunks black. Since the rubber is already grey, it only needs a single coat or maybe two max.
PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:16 pm

WinterLord wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:42 pm
Sgt. Stinky wrote:

Its really easy to paint the trunks. If you get the acrylic paint on other parts, just wipe it off with water before it dries. You can still get it off with water even if it dries. It took me less than two minutes to paint my batman's trunks black. Since the rubber is already grey, it only needs a single coat or maybe two max.
Yes indeed. The legs pop off easy, and there is a little bit of an overhang with the yellow belt, so you just need a nice fine brush as you go around it. I had the brush tip basically running under the belt. Easy as pie.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:56 pm

This figure is pure awesomeness!

I loved it out right out of the package but I love it even more with the trunks painted black.

After I painted the trunks I realized this is basically a more realistic take on the "Batman The Animated Series" costume. Definitely my new default Bats. And dare I say possibly the best Batman figure ever! (So far).

stack32
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:31 am

They have to release that Batman with the trunks painted, right? I can certainly paint them if needed but it seems like such an easy decision for a line that hasn't hesitated to release alternate versions of characters.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:21 am

stack32 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:31 am
They have to release that Batman with the trunks painted, right? I can certainly paint them if needed but it seems like such an easy decision for a line that hasn't hesitated to release alternate versions of characters.
I’m hoping so!
Ecto121
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:32 am

Ninjak wrote:This figure is pure awesomeness!

I loved it out right out of the package but I love it even more with the trunks painted black.

After I painted the trunks I realized this is basically a more realistic take on the "Batman The Animated Series" costume. Definitely my new default Bats. And dare I say possibly the best Batman figure ever! (So far).

I agree completely on the animated series vibes, that’s the first thought that popped into my head when they showed the original photos of it, and finally having it In hand it’s exactly what I was hoping for

bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:17 am

Very Impressed. Finally able to open up 3 Joker Batman this evening and yeah, def. the best Batman to date. He needs the black trunks, I will buy another and do that but for this evening this Batman will rule over Gotham.

I can easily forgive the misses when we get figures this good. Y2/Detective 1000 all is forgiven.

jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:49 pm

Target just emailed me a ship notice for my 3J Batman. Can't wait! God knows it's been forever since I ordered and the anticipation is very high!
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:07 pm

A little Bat-action.

drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:49 pm

Technically this is my first day back at collecting.
I spent around 2 hours last night online trying to find everything I had preordered before .
It was a good day out and about today.
I found Comedian at GameStop. It was a return.
The Clown and Red Hood at Target.
Batman was at Walmart.
Batgirl I've had awhile from Amazon.
I got into a conversation with a retired Vietnam vet at Target and forgot to pick up The Criminal, lol.
There were plenty so I will go back tomorrow.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”