McFarlane DC Multiverse - Dark Knight Returns - Build-a-Horse Wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
ditko
Thread Killer
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse - Dark Knight Returns - Build-a-Horse Wave

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:39 am

I think these look pretty great. Never owned TDKR figures before so this will be fun. I need to learn to tune out people bashing Todd. I think he's making some great stuff.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:15 am

Thanks for starting this thread. Well deserved as these figures and the horse look great. After Batman ‘66 this is my second buy from Todd.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Love old Bruce,first full wave I buy,bring on wave 2 and the 2pk! $25 compared to $100,props for those that can afford imports,but some of us can’t,also some of us weren’t collecting when other versions came out!
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:51 pm

BruceKent wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm
Love old Bruce,first full wave I buy,bring on wave 2 and the 2pk! $25 compared to $100,props for those that can afford imports,but some of us can’t,also some of us weren’t collecting when other versions came out!
Most definitely and what imports I have they are more fragile. I stopped buying imports due to me breaking a couple.
FPJonesIII
Super Poseable

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 pm

Robin from this wave is the only must-have for me. Superman looks good but I wouldn't use him in my Justice League display and I don't really need multiples of him. Batman mostly looks good but I don't like his expression. Joker is an absolute no for me.

Sad thing is, I would love to build the horse.
ditko
Thread Killer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:44 pm

I missed the "Wave 1" tease - I am all in on a "Millerverse" so to speak. Next wave I hope for a proper armored Batman, Mutant Leader, Sons of Batman and whatever else. Probably oval symbol Batman.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:53 am

ditko wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:44 pm
I missed the "Wave 1" tease - I am all in on a "Millerverse" so to speak. Next wave I hope for a proper armored Batman, Mutant Leader, Sons of Batman and whatever else. Probably oval symbol Batman.
Pics of the proper armored Batman are out there,most likely in a 2pk with Superman.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:15 pm

I mean a new sculpt - at least his thighs. The rest looks pretty accurate. I just think this story should have very accurate figures, like Wave 1 here. I dig Todd's influence, but leave Miller alone IMO
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:20 pm

This is a surprise, some in hand shots of the dkr wave.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:49 pm

Good lord that BATMAN looks good!
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:40 pm

I want to see more of that Superman personally. Even though it's single jointed elbows, I really love the bulk.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:51 pm

Wave 2 wishlist
One armed Green Arrow - Mattel never made this
Would anyone want the emaciated Superman? I can see Todd making that
Wonder Woman seems likely
Mutant Leader and Armored Wayne seem locks
Catwoman?
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:03 pm

Better than DCD and Mattel.

Now I really wanna see Kingdom Come, New Frontier, Red Rain, Gotham by Gaslight, Flashpoint, One Million, more White Knight, more Red Son, and definitely wanna see DCeased done by Todd.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm

Tommy....if we played a drinking game for everytime you mentioned Kingdom Come...we'd all be dead. Although for those of us who survived I'm sure we'd buy the figures so I can't blame you for mentioning it.

That being said...yes, White Knight wave 2 is needed....and I'd guess it's coming whenever the third book comes out. Wave 1 was pretty well received and I could see Todd building out the WK universe. I'm sure that stuff is all about scheduling. There seems to be a push to give us more non-batman DC figures lately. Batman is still going to be there in large numbers, it's all about when to squeeze in the different versions.

I'd imagine wave 2 of WK would include Nightwing in his GTO gear, Red Hood and Batman Beyond. It would be nice to see Harley, another Joker (suspenders version), flashback Robin, Nightwing in his Nightwing gear. Just build out the WK universe. They are just fun figures.

I almost feel like this Batman is too chunky in the legs but I'm still really interested in these figures. Robin has to be lined up for some re-use in the line.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:Better than DCD and Mattel.

Now I really wanna see Kingdom Come, New Frontier, Red Rain, Gotham by Gaslight, Flashpoint, One Million, more White Knight, more Red Son, and definitely wanna see DCeased done by Todd.
I'm honestly very surprised that we got a Red Son Superman but not the Russian Batman. I'm sure he's in the pipeline at some point, and DCeased is so far up Todd's wheelhouse I can only imagine it hasn't been done yet because DC has not allowed it or something yet.

As for DKR, I am in love with this horse! I'm very curious to see if you can actually get it into a 2-legged pose, or if they photoshopped out a stand in that picture. But I'm loving what I'm seeing here, can't wait. Carrie looks like she might be a head swap away from a classic Dick or Jason, too.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”