Todd’s Online Store…

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
JOExHIGASHI
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Todd’s Online Store…

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:56 pm

I don't like the layout of the store. It'd be nice to have everything then let me filter through it instead of forcing me to choose multiverse, anime, gaming, etc.

Also they don't have much product overall and surprisingly no fortnite figures which is big for them.

I'm still looking forward to see what's he going to do with the store.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:00 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t bother with fortnite since they loose the license next year
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Mister Skeezler wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:17 pm
At least NECA's online store has products that either aren't in stores, or are impossible to get in stores. Though the high shipping feels familiar.

misterskeezler on Instagram
Aren't most Neca figures hard or impossible to find in stores in the US, though?
These days, yes, which makes the store pretty useful.

They don't release everything through there, but they'll do a week where you can order an item and then they just make that amount and send them to customers. More lead-time obviously, but it's helped.

Honestly at this point the majority of my figure shopping is done online. McF seems to be the only thing I actually find in stores.

Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:02 pm

I think Todd's new store is set up similar to his old store if anyone here remembers that. He even had the same categories IIRC. This just has a different look. I never ordered from the old store, so I don't know how shipping costs were then.

I was hoping the single Red Hood would be here. But De-Nied. I think he added a couple things today, but nothing too exciting that I noticed.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:26 pm

Shipping costs have at least doubled since back then. Easily.

Since it was brought up has anyone received their NECA SDCC exclusives other than early review samples ? Haven't even seen a shipping notice yet. I Wouldn't be asking but the Fwoosh in-hand pics were 2 weeks ago.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:36 pm

DennyCrane wrote:Shipping costs have at least doubled since back then. Easily.
I'm sure they have. What I wasn't sure about was if their shipping costs were relatively high then compared to other places.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:26 pm

Speaking only for the old collectors club I don't think they were particularly high. Although I may have been charged business class rate since it was shipped there.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:23 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:08 am
Mister Skeezler wrote:
At least NECA's online store has products that either aren't in stores, or are impossible to get in stores. Though the high shipping feels familiar.

Aren't most Neca figures hard or impossible to find in stores in the US, though?
I don't know about anybody else's location but in my location, not at all.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:27 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:08 am
Mister Skeezler wrote:

I don't think so, while have yet to see Defenders of the Earth in store, I have seen Alien, Predator, Back to the Future and when Kong showed up it was immediately discounted. 8)

Still kick myself for not buying two. :rolleyes:
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:57 am

DennyCrane wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:26 pm
Shipping costs have at least doubled since back then. Easily.

Since it was brought up has anyone received their NECA SDCC exclusives other than early review samples ? Haven't even seen a shipping notice yet. I Wouldn't be asking but the Fwoosh in-hand pics were 2 weeks ago.
The Channel 6 set is due in October, so anything else, I assume, is a similar time frame, but I could be wrong.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:29 am

I was expecting more like everyone else, but it doesn't matter. Over time there could be some nice offers and if not then no big deal - it's likely just an extra avenue to move stock. If we get some exclusives then great. I was hoping for a big reveal and/or preorder on 8/4 but what can you do.

I would have pre-ordered Spawn's Universe if able and got to the $200 mark for that autographed book. Oh well. Fact is that Big Box retail is his big customer and he can't jeopardize that relationship by directly selling waves of popular interest on his site.

We may see Crowdfunding projects here though.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:47 pm

So...has anyone here actually ordered and received anything from Todd’s store yet? Just curious about shipping speed, how well items are packed, whether he has branding on the shipping boxes/tape (because he seems like the type to do that), etc...
MrImpossible
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:59 pm

anthonywayne wrote:
So...has anyone here actually ordered and received anything from Todd’s store yet? Just curious about shipping speed, how well items are packed, whether he has branding on the shipping boxes/tape (because he seems like the type to do that), etc...
The order I received was a plain brown box with no special McFarlane tape nor logo anywhere to be seen. Figures were packed quite nicely, and I received everything about a week after ordering (in stock items). If you spend $50 and use the SPAWN50 code, the comic is also already in a sleeve with cardboard. That does have a McFarlane Store Exclusive sticker sealing it on the back. They also threw in a couple of “10% off next order” dealies.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:50 pm

MrImpossible wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:59 pm
anthonywayne wrote:
The order I received was a plain brown box with no special McFarlane tape nor logo anywhere to be seen. Figures were packed quite nicely, and I received everything about a week after ordering (in stock items). If you spend $50 and use the SPAWN50 code, the comic is also already in a sleeve with cardboard. That does have a McFarlane Store Exclusive sticker sealing it on the back. They also threw in a couple of “10% off next order” dealies.

Thanks!

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”