McFarlane DC Multiverse - Reverse Flash, Lobo, Superboy Prime

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse - Reverse Flash, Lobo, Superboy Prime and future SDCC 2021 reveals

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:06 am

Pretty much what I imagined the this would look like. I’m glad they made the effort to make Batman different with the sheath holsters. I’m disappointed that azrael is exactly the same, was hoping for a unmasked head and no cape. Just like the post above I’ll wait for it to go on sale to pick it up.
ditko
Thread Killer

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse - Reverse Flash, Lobo, Superboy Prime and future SDCC 2021 reveals

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:54 pm

I'm in for ALL these! Pics are....like bad as can be, but I know the figures will be great. My most anticpated wave since the Merciless one.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:06 pm

I'm so desperate for an unmasked Terry (Batman Beyond) I may use the Superboy Prime just for his head.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:17 pm

hunnipot85 wrote:I'm so desperate for an unmasked Terry (Batman Beyond) I may use the Superboy Prime just for his head.
Unmasked Jason coming up might work well, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MLNUT
CROM!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:55 pm

I'm in for Lobo and Reverse Flash. Glad I sold my DC Multiverse BAF Lobo last week. Also Gamestop had Gorilla Grodd for $8. Got 5 of him for a Gorilla army.
The_Man_of_the_Lamb
HULK SMASH!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:57 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Pretty much what I imagined the this would look like. I’m glad they made the effort to make Batman different with the sheath holsters. I’m disappointed that azrael is exactly the same, was hoping for a unmasked head and no cape. Just like the post above I’ll wait for it to go on sale to pick it up.
Man, same. Maskless Azrael would've been great! I'll probably still pick this up because White Knight is one of my favorite stories ever, but that would've made the purchase easier.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:04 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
I am beyond sick of every almost every two pack having a carbon copy of a figure I bought months earlier. It’s pretty annoying. At least add new accessories or something.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse - Reverse Flash, Lobo, Superboy Prime

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:40 pm

Tru on all accounts, i would have like had azrael was different, I bought him last year so I was a bit disappointed this is exactly the same. I kinda get it, it helps those who didn’t get him before but I rather him be a different painted figure.
That battle in the comics shows how Batman removes his armor parts and cape. I guess it would require a small bit of new parts for the arms and unmasked head, but the cape is easy to remove.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:38 am

Okay these comic panels justify for me the why for the 2-pack which I can accept. I have not found a comic image online to justify the silver Az Bats armor. White Templar Azreal, sure.
If someone can find an image or comic panel of the silver Az Bats armor and share would be great. If there is not any out there then I guess this repaint will be first in a pass for me regarding Batman.
I just don't buy repaints to buy repaints because McFarlane slaps one of his stickers on the box.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:42 pm

Silver Az Bats armor is just an attempt to make a cool looking figure. Todd likes his repaints. If I was keeping up on the repaints I'd own the bronze figures.

I'm just picking what I like. Some repaints are cool looking and that's all this silver one is. If you like it, get it. If not...you aren't missing anything comic accurate.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:48 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
Okay these comic panels justify for me the why for the 2-pack which I can accept. I have not found a comic image online to justify the silver Az Bats armor. White Templar Azreal, sure.
If someone can find an image or comic panel of the silver Az Bats armor and share would be great. If there is not any out there then I guess this repaint will be first in a pass for me regarding Batman.
I just don't buy repaints to buy repaints because McFarlane slaps one of his stickers on the box.
yeah there is no silver az-bat armor in the story, i think this is like the bronze and gold arkham figures, it's like a chase but under the gold label banner.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:02 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
yeah there is no silver az-bat armor in the story, i think this is like the bronze and gold arkham figures, it's like a chase but under the gold label banner.
Thanks, That's good to know, so a little money saved then.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:28 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
NEW BATMAN wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think white Azrael isn't comic accurate, either. It's based a little on the Michael Lane look (color scheme-wise) but is just another repaint.
Meauxses
CROM!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:35 am

hunnipot85 wrote:I'm so desperate for an unmasked Terry (Batman Beyond) I may use the Superboy Prime just for his head.
I saw a few unmasked Red Hood’s today and my first thought was “Looks more like Terry than Jason.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:49 am

Rex Mason wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:28 pm
drkknght64 wrote:
NEW BATMAN wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think white Azrael isn't comic accurate, either. It's based a little on the Michael Lane look (color scheme-wise) but is just another repaint.
True but to be more accurate to the White Templar armor McFarlane had to at least paint the suit white with a red cross, lol.
It is what it is so I will take what is offered in this case because I like that look on Azreal.
I'm just assuming but I'm fairly sure McFarlane will never do a comic accurate version of the armor.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”