McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:08 am

dHunter333 wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:49 am
I know dhunter is some what of a completionist so FYI, cmdstore has the Penguin, unmasked Batman and unmasked Catwoman in stock.
$2 more at $21.99 and you know shipping.
Thank you!
Thanks for the heads-up! I ordered wave 1 from them last weekend and got it by Friday.

Looks like they already sold out of the unmasked drifter Bruce and both bikes, unfortunately.

Also looks like they had Reverse Flash in stock, but it’s also sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:31 am

CO_Alex wrote:
kojigritton wrote:
CO_Alex wrote: Did you make the cloth cape or buy it? I love cloth capes.

It’s this cape from GPslot on eBay

Does the job for now. Does not capture the “tucked in” look that the movie cape has. Really looking forward to what Harker Customs, Doormatt Studios and Rebel10Customs can craft up

Thank you! Is it easy to remove the plastic cape?

Hairdryer to loosen up the areas where the cape is connected (two slots in the front at the tucked in areas, and one spot in the back), along with carefully using an xacto knife did the job

drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:34 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:08 am
dHunter333 wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
I know dhunter is some what of a completionist so FYI, cmdstore has the Penguin, unmasked Batman and unmasked Catwoman in stock.
Thank you!
Thanks for the heads-up! I ordered wave 1 from them last weekend and got it by Friday.

Looks like they already sold out of the unmasked drifter Bruce and both bikes, unfortunately.

Also looks like they had Reverse Flash in stock, but it’s also sold out.

No problem. Yeah, the reason Reverse Flash selling out so quickly is that they had so much available for their store at regular price and had some available on Amazon at a slight inflated price, $25.99 and $8.50 shipping. I saw their listings on Amazon and within a day later all sold out. I have Reverse Flash preordered at BBTS and EE so hopefully.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:35 pm

dHunter333 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:32 am
drkknght64 wrote:
Thank you!
Yep, no problem.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 pm

kojigritton wrote:
CO_Alex wrote:
kojigritton wrote: It’s this cape from GPslot on eBay

Does the job for now. Does not capture the “tucked in” look that the movie cape has. Really looking forward to what Harker Customs, Doormatt Studios and Rebel10Customs can craft up

Thank you! Is it easy to remove the plastic cape?

Hairdryer to loosen up the areas where the cape is connected (two slots in the front at the tucked in areas, and one spot in the back), along with carefully using an xacto knife did the job

Thank you! I ordered a cape and I’m looking forward to swapping out the plastic one.

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:06 pm

Saw the entire wave at Target yesterday. They looked good and I was about to purchase them, but then I noticed they all had side eye. That took my hype down a notch or two. Decided to leave t them behind. I just can’t support that since it bugs the heck out of me. If Mac does some kind of production change and give these guys straight eyes, I’ll pick them up then.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:43 am

I received from the cmdstore today the masked version of Batman and Catwoman and unmasked version of Batman and Selina Kyle as it states on the box along with Riddler and Penguin.
The likeness on the unmasked version of Batman is done really good. You can tell it is Robert Pattinson.
It is my understanding there is supposed to be the unmasked Catwoman version of the box out as well.
I don't open my McFarlane movie figures. I do open the comic and the gaming figures though.
Oh being as picky as I usually am the side eye don't bother me as much as I thought it would.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:12 pm

I posted the same question in the Spin Masters thread, but figured I might as well try here-

Strange question, and one that's impossible to answer until he's released, but does anyone think the umbrella that comes with the Spin Masters Penguin would work for the DC Multiverse Penguin coming out? It's oversized for the SM figure, but I fear it may be undersized for the DCM figure. At the very least, maybe it could pass as a small, one-person umbrella? :lol: Looking at the DCM figure in packaging, I see it comes with an open sorta gripping hand, but the fingers are splayed wide, so my original plan of giving him the umbrella from the Gotham Penguin may not work out, since it's pretty skinny, whereas the SM Penguin's umbrella is a thicc one.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:43 am

I found a lone Battinson at Target today. I was just about to leave when I glanced at the lower shelf and saw the Batcycle from the movie pushed toward the back of the shelf and as I backed up further I saw Battinson on top of it. Nice.

Todd did a good job on this figure. For as wack as the unmasked head looks, I think he did a good job on the masked head. I find myself caring less and less about side eye, particularly on this figure. You can hardly see his eyes at all. Nice one to add to the collection.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:00 am

Plus it's Batman, you can white out his eyes in 3.2 seconds if the side eye ever starts bothering you.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:50 pm

Who farted?

BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:27 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:50 pm
Who farted?

WHY SO SERIOUS???
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:29 pm

Saw the preorder for unmasked bats on IG,pic on card looks like Pattinson,not the figure and he’s holding a cowl which the fig doesn’t come with. Nice Todd,real nice!
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:37 pm

The new 12 inch statues from McF look really good. It's nice to see the Batman in his full glory, rather than just the red and black exclusive. Riddler looks pretty great too. Don't know if I'll be picking either up- I prefer the 6 inch, but maybe if they ever go on sale or clearance. The Batman one especially is pretty striking.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:54 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:00 am
Plus it's Batman, you can white out his eyes in 3.2 seconds if the side eye ever starts bothering you.
While true whiting out the eyes is relatively simple, it’s also true that by buying the figure, people like me will just encourage Mac to keep putting side eye on the figures. The whole wave has side eyes so I can’t even fix that on the other figures. That just irritating to me. I just can’t support that. They are good figures and I’m happy for those that buy them, but I have to just hope and wait there’s a course correction on the eye paint later on.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics