McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:42 pm

Batarang from the spin master figure
Think I prefer two gripping hands
Definitely helps with the Batcycle

add1
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:34 am

Promoist wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:25 pm
Have the mcfarlane toy store shipped out the previous sets yet? (Three jokers etc.) cuz I’m starting to think that ordering from the site was a bad call. The Batman figures aren’t going to ship out even though the dates say Jan. and we’ll be seeing them in stores soon. 😡
I've received my Luthor pair, but not the three jokers set.
Target definitely does seem to beat them to the punch on most things.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:01 pm

Guess it would’ve been too much for “Uncle Todd” to include 2 fists with the figure and the 2 gripping hands with the bike huh?
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:05 pm

BruceKent wrote:Guess it would’ve been too much for “Uncle Todd” to include 2 fists with the figure and the 2 gripping hands with the bike huh?
Gotta have that karate chop hand!

Hoping a donation of closed fists from the McFarlane Omega Batman will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pianopan
HULK SMASH!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:56 am

If anyone here who has the Batman figure can tell me, is it possible to neatly stuff the pointy ends of his cape (around his neck) behind the chest armour? It looks kind of weird them just sort of floating there, I'd be interested in seeing what it would look like with them glued down, or tucked under the chest armour if there's any room for that..?

Weird they didn't include the holster on him, I guess its because of gun ban...?

As for Catwoman, does anyone think maybe the design was based on early concept art? I don't believe we've seen any shots of her with a full face mask in any of the released material. I could be wrong/we just haven't seen it yet.

even so, It's a shame they don't include a head with the mouth area cutout.

not sure what they were thinking wth the proportions on her either?? they've really squeezed her waist in... O.O why
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:11 am

Found Battison & Catwoman at Target Wednesday night. I grabbed Bats & headed for the register until I noticed he suffered from dreaded side-eye & turned around & placed him back on the peg. What a way to ruin a figure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:56 am

pianopan wrote:If anyone here who has the Batman figure can tell me, is it possible to neatly stuff the pointy ends of his cape (around his neck) behind the chest armour? It looks kind of weird them just sort of floating there, I'd be interested in seeing what it would look like with them glued down, or tucked under the chest armour if there's any room for that..?

Weird they didn't include the holster on him, I guess its because of gun ban...?

As for Catwoman, does anyone think maybe the design was based on early concept art? I don't believe we've seen any shots of her with a full face mask in any of the released material. I could be wrong/we just haven't seen it yet.

not sure what they were thinking wth the proportions on her either?? they've really squeezed her waist in... O.O why
Unfortunately there is not a way to tuck in the cape. Was driving me crazy too, but I had plans on replacing it with a wired cape anyway, which I just did…..Image
Wired cape combined with a pair of fists (from Omega) gives this figure so much more presence, IMO. It’s even making the side-eye more tolerable.

drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:49 am

I know dhunter is some what of a completionist so FYI, cmdstore has the Penguin, unmasked Batman and unmasked Catwoman in stock.
$2 more at $21.99 and you know shipping.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:59 am

kojigritton wrote:
pianopan wrote:If anyone here who has the Batman figure can tell me, is it possible to neatly stuff the pointy ends of his cape (around his neck) behind the chest armour? It looks kind of weird them just sort of floating there, I'd be interested in seeing what it would look like with them glued down, or tucked under the chest armour if there's any room for that..?

Unfortunately there is not a way to tuck in the cape. Was driving me crazy too, but I had plans on replacing it with a wired cape anyway, which I just did…..Image
Wired cape combined with a pair of fists (from Omega) gives this figure so much more presence, IMO. It’s even making the side-eye more tolerable.

Did you make the cloth cape or buy it? I love cloth capes.

bat1975
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:28 am

kojigritton wrote:
BruceKent wrote:Guess it would’ve been too much for “Uncle Todd” to include 2 fists with the figure and the 2 gripping hands with the bike huh?

I tried the Omega hands, but the peg from The Batman figure is too big.
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:23 am

CO_Alex wrote:
kojigritton wrote:

It’s this cape from GPslot on eBay

Does the job for now. Does not capture the “tucked in” look that the movie cape has. Really looking forward to what Harker Customs, Doormatt Studios and Rebel10Customs can craft up

Andron X
I come from the land up over

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:24 am

All these pics make it look better than the prototype.
I am still thinking of waiting for the inevitable Mafex version- But I do like the 7 inch scale and the price tag Mcfarlane offers.
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:24 am

bat1975 wrote:
kojigritton wrote:

I tried the Omega hands, but the peg from The Batman figure is too big.
I had to heat the hands up to get them malleable and cooperative enough for the wrist pegs

dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:32 am

drkknght64 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:49 am
I know dhunter is some what of a completionist so FYI, cmdstore has the Penguin, unmasked Batman and unmasked Catwoman in stock.
$2 more at $21.99 and you know shipping.
Thank you!
CO_Alex
CROM!

McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:52 am

kojigritton wrote:
CO_Alex wrote:
kojigritton wrote: Unfortunately there is not a way to tuck in the cape. Was driving me crazy too, but I had plans on replacing it with a wired cape anyway, which I just did…..Image

It’s this cape from GPslot on eBay

Does the job for now. Does not capture the “tucked in” look that the movie cape has. Really looking forward to what Harker Customs, Doormatt Studios and Rebel10Customs can craft up

Thank you! Is it easy to remove the plastic cape?

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics