McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:25 am

TheViper81 wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:
TheViper81 wrote:Image
This came in today from CMD store. The batmobile I found last night at Target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like how Batman looks there (the Multiverse one, I mean). A shame the unmasked version is so scary looking lol Did you open him up? How's his articulation?
It’s a great figure. I opened him last night. Articulation is same as most McFarlane DC figures I assume. I dunno if all the Batmans have butterfly joints but this one does. I love the suit design cuz it reminds me of the Arkham Origins Batsuit from the video game.

Cool, sounds like a fun figure!
OfficialJihad
HULK SMASH!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:42 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:52 am
I'm wondering if my Kenner Dark Knight Collection Keaton Batman will fit in that new Batmobile. It's tempting......
It won’t fit due to the ears but you can squeeze the Kenner Batman Returns Robin figure in there.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:24 am

OfficialJihad wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:42 am
yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:52 am
I'm wondering if my Kenner Dark Knight Collection Keaton Batman will fit in that new Batmobile. It's tempting......
It won’t fit due to the ears but you can squeeze the Kenner Batman Returns Robin figure in there.
Even with that fly 90's flat top? :) Seriously, that's one of my favorite Robin figures ever. Still going to try to hunt down that Spinmaster Batmobile. I have tomorrow off of work so I think I'm due for a hunt!
Promoist
I wish I had super powers

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:25 pm

Have the mcfarlane toy store shipped out the previous sets yet? (Three jokers etc.) cuz I’m starting to think that ordering from the site was a bad call. The Batman figures aren’t going to ship out even though the dates say Jan. and we’ll be seeing them in stores soon. 😡
Promoist

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:34 pm

I emailed a rep they told me that the plan is Jan. 31 The Batman movie figures will be shipped on that date. Hope it’s the case!
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:12 pm

The spin master version has the grapnel sculpted into both forearms the Mcfarlane version has it as a separate piece that pegs into the hand kinda surprised they didn’t peg it into the forearm

Not sure what the peg on the end of catwoman whip is for

Other than that detail on all of them look great

the bike is a beast perhaps too big no trouble getting him sitting on it but it takes a lot of work to get it balanced with him sitting on it with one leg down and both legs simply won’t reach the ground at the same time

Promoist

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:05 pm

Insane pics! Can’t wait!!
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm

so the same youtuber who did the batman and riddler review also posted a video for penguin and catwoman.
https://youtu.be/GWrX5S7C57E
Promoist

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:59 pm

I was told from a rep that Penguin would be going up for preorder next week or the week after! :)
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:07 pm

Got street-dated for the figures today at Target. Saw the wave on the shelf and snatched them up, but when I went to check out, I got the dreaded "team member is on the way" screen. Heart immediately sank because I knew what was coming next. Employee called the manager over, and as soon as she saw the street date, she freaked out, asking me how I got them. I told her they were on the shelf, but she didn't seem to believe me. I asked if I'd at least be able to put a hold on them, but she told me absolutely not, that they don't do holds for collectibles anymore, before hastily grabbing them and taking them away. Definitely a bummer- so close, yet so far! Definitely think it could have been handled better, though. For a second there, you'd have thought I was trying to steal the dang things. :cry:
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:18 pm

joshsquash729 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:07 pm
Got street-dated for the figures today at Target. Saw the wave on the shelf and snatched them up, but when I went to check out, I got the dreaded "team member is on the way" screen. Heart immediately sank because I knew what was coming next. Employee called the manager over, and as soon as she saw the street date, she freaked out, asking me how I got them. I told her they were on the shelf, but she didn't seem to believe me. I asked if I'd at least be able to put a hold on them, but she told me absolutely not, that they don't do holds for collectibles anymore, before hastily grabbing them and taking them away. Definitely a bummer- so close, yet so far! Definitely think it could have been handled better, though. For a second there, you'd have thought I was trying to steal the dang things. :cry:
Are these really collectibles? They are in the main toy aisle. Granted they aren't strictly targeted at kids (that's Spinmaster) but I've seen some kids in the toy aisle buying them. I've seen some parents buying them as gifts. The NECA stuff and everything over in the electronics section is more the collectibles area of Target.

What would have happened if you had been a 60 something grandma buying a toy for your grandson because you knew he liked Batman and that's it? Would they have berated sweet old grandma for loving her grandson?

Terrible way to handle what was obviously an employee mistake.

I think the lesson learned here....is we need to recruit sweet old ladies to buy our action figures for us.
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:32 am

Patty Bat with Westworld Bernard as a fill-in until Uncle Todd makes Gordon with side eyes

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:44 am

I found a lone Batcycle at Target this morning. Batfleck will ride it until I find a PattinBat.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:29 pm

kojigritton wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:32 am
Patty Bat with Westworld Bernard as a fill-in until Uncle Todd makes Gordon with side eyes

Thank you for the idea! Can't believe I hadn't thought of that yet. Unfortunately, I don't see Todd making a Gordon figure, at least for this first movie, so this may be the best bet we have for a while. Scales really well!
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 pm

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”