Batman 1966

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Batman 1966

Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:12 pm

Tut and Egghead would be amazing! I assume regular Alfred will appear at some point as well. Line must be doing OK - lots of re-use plus exclusivity means Target probably makes money even when "discounted" to 25% off or so, and sells plenty at retail prices.

I had passed on the McF line at first as I already had the Mattel line and it seemed too redundant - but then Batcave interested me, but I got pulled in a little bit more by the boxing Bats and Riddler, then the Kitt Catwoman followed by the Mr Freeze announcement and the Lair and the Batcycle, decided I needed to go all in. So it was off to eBay and the local Targets to see what I could fill in. Got just about everything for retail price or so, even on eBay, apart from the Joker and Riddler chase figures which went for about twice retail. Basic Bats was also a bit higher, but doesn't seem like they are looking to re-release him. Only one I will be missing is unmasked Robin, which is up there it seems in terms of secondary market.

Pretty sure I don't need the B&W variants, but if it keeps things going to get to a few more villains and maybe Batgirl, might pick them up to support the line.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:51 pm

Exciting to hear about Tut, Alfred, and Egghead. They'll be awesome additions. I'm glad I jumped into the line- I was hesitant, since I didn't know if they'd get far enough along to get to some of the lesser known villains, but as it stands, we just need Bookworm and Batgirl and we'll have gotten all the characters made in the previous 3 3/4 lines and then some. Hope Bookworm and Mad Hatter are next on the list, and they can work out the rights for Batgirl.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:15 pm

man i did not know there was more than 30 villains on the show!!!
https://www.metv.com/lists/all-37-villa ... ies-ranked

after seeing the list, i hope like how we got eartha , we can get john astin riddler and eli wallach freeze. they both share the same bucks from the previous figures and makes some cool variants.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:20 am

False Face was one that creeped me out as a kid. Shame and Louie the Lilac were also pretty memorable. Astin Riddler would be cool. Siren was pretty good as a villainess.
Tmntfanatic4life
Customized

Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:56 am

Got Mr Freeze from a Target In Menomonee Falls Wi

Now, bring on the Villains Lair, Sidecar and other villains!
geoffdude
Customized

Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:41 am

Green Hornet & Kato 2-pack needed in this line too.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:01 pm

Any One have the bat cycle by McFarlane and the hot wheels 1:12 batcycle. curious how they compare
Krefft1969
Here comes a new challenger!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:37 am

Hi guys. Where was Egghead confirmed? Last I heard the next wave was Alfred As Batman, King Tu<a></a>t and b&w versions of Robin and Riddler. I really want Egghead so bad.
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:00 pm

mr Articulate wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:01 pm
Any One have the bat cycle by McFarlane and the hot wheels 1:12 batcycle. curious how they compare
I bought Todd's Batcycle last week. I apologize, I don't have a photo at the ready.

If you are out to buy all things McF, you're going to buy this anyway. But if you have the die cast Mattel version already, it is far superior, and the McF version is not at all needed. They are essentially the same size. (Unlike Todd's '66 Batmobile, the Batcycle is in proper scale.) The proportions are slightly different in some spots, such as the windshield, and Todd's drops some details here and there, but at first glance, they are visually identical. Todd's is all plastic, though, and feels much cheaper and weaker than the older die cast version.

Seriously, if you have the die cast, and only need one, do not stress abut finding Todd's.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:39 am

I got the McF Batmobile finally - I knew it would be small-ish but wanted for completion sake. Given the Batcave scales small as well, I guess the question is what was mis-scaled - the Batmobile/Batcave or the initial wave of figures? The Mattel Batmobile is 18" long for 6" figures (3x), and the Mezco Batmobile is 12" long for 4" figures (also 3x), as is the Funko - the McF Batmobile is 15" long so would be proportional to 5" figures in that same 3:1 ratio. Wondering if the plan had been 5" figures - might actually have made sense for the articulation and price point.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:46 am

Apparently, the show had a couple of different Batmobiles. One was shorter, which is probably what the McF one is based on. Smaller Batmobile is easier to make and sell to stores.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:27 pm

May the Todd Toys hear our plea - make Aunt Harriet, Chief O’hara, Commissioner Gordon, generic thugs, and a Commissioner office playset
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:28 pm

Saw a bunch of Freeeze figures today at a local Target on the pegs. The peg had a clearance tag on it for McFarlane figures, but this store didn't have the price scanners (yet the other 2 stores near me do, and this is the more 'high end' store), so I left them all on the pegs. Scanning it with the app just brought up the online price, so that wasn't any help.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:14 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:46 am
Apparently, the show had a couple of different Batmobiles. One was shorter, which is probably what the McF one is based on.
Proportion wise, the McF might be just a bit shorter in the trunk than the others, but the driver/passenger section with the canopies front to back are 7" for Mattel, 6" for McF, and 5" for Mezco. So I still think the proportions for McF are for a 5" size figure.
Smaller Batmobile is easier to make and sell to stores.
This is of course likely, they just fudged it a bit to keep the price down. But I will not be surprised to read in Todd's memoirs years from now about the time they messed up the calculations in the line and ended up with 6" figures instead of 5".
bezem
Avengers Assemble

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:57 am

SalemCrow wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:28 pm
Saw a bunch of Freeeze figures today at a local Target on the pegs. The peg had a clearance tag on it for McFarlane figures, but this store didn't have the price scanners (yet the other 2 stores near me do, and this is the more 'high end' store), so I left them all on the pegs. Scanning it with the app just brought up the online price, so that wasn't any help.
My recent experience with clearance items is they scan full price in the app and at the price scanner but when I head up to self-checkout it's the marked down price. This happened with the WWE Royal Rumble Elite wave, Masterverse figures, Batman 66 figures, and MEGA Construx Skeletor heads. YMMV but I definitely recommend an upfront price check prior to giving up.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”