McFarlane Toys Suicide Squad Movie Wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
mancer702000
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys Suicide Squad Movie Wave

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:05 am

Ordered a set Tuesday from GameStop. Everyone but Polkadot Man is coming tomorrow. He’s coming Monday. Can’t wait to finish King Shark!
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:13 am

Got my set in the mail. The likenesses are solid and the faces are pretty spot on. They don’t suffer from caked on paint apps. Peacemaker and Harley are fast in flesh colored plastic.

Bloodsports proportions are a little awkward.

Peacemaker is perfect and he’s going to be my comic version as well. Todd will never make a comic version and this is pretty accurate.

Harley is nice looking but the dress is a little stiff. Still, pretty beautiful figures.

Polka dot man looks solid but I don’t get what the extra gauntlet is for? Anyone know?

All have rubber overlays.

King shark is a shark. He’s big, legs don’t move very well with the shorts but he’s very well done. Except the wrists, not a fan of how those look when you move the wrist.
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:08 am

The only figure I would like is the Walmart Exclusive King Shark and there is probably zero chance of seeing him in the wild, but I am ok with it. I’m trying to take a different attitude about certain lines with not preordering and if I don’t see them in stores it wasn’t meant to be on my shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:58 pm

Got this wave delivered from Gamestop today. Fun figures. I love getting three never-before-done DC characters, though I do wish they were a smaller scale (ducking as people hurl stones at me...).

The Margot Robbie likeness isn't really there, but I'm just going to throw her in with the McFarlane comic figures anyway.

Who would have thought when I bought my first King Shark figure 20+ years ago, that I would now have three of them, two of which are pretty awesome.

I did have some confusion with Bloodsport and Peacemaker's guns. Please let me know if they are holding them correctly. I'm sure it will all make sense when the movie comes out...

jaygarrick1940
Super Poseable

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:51 am

Ordered my figures from Gamestop on Wednesday, got an email saying they would arrive on Monday, the package was on my doorstep today. Got Bloodsport, Harley & Peacemaker today, Polakdot Man might come tomorrow or Monday.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:25 pm

:arrow:
Liquidus Snake
Customized

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:03 am

Got my set in! I really like the wave overall aside from the lack of guns. King Shark is pretty good, albeit not as accurate as the Gold Label. I decided to paint up Bloodsport on the orange bits to make it pop a little more. The guns used here are DST Marsellus Wallace’s pistol for Peacemaker and modified Playmates Kraang guns for Bloodsport.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:25 am

Also got in my set. They are excellent, as shown above in folks’ pictures. King Shark is just a joy to play with. So much fun.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:35 am

Got these today from GameStop! They shipped very quickly.

I was surprised at how hefty King Shark is. No surprises with any of the other figures.

Also, I wonder if these characters spoil her the main characters in the movie are. I’m guessing a large number of the characters are basically cameos.

jaygarrick1940
Super Poseable

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:52 am

I got the rest of my shipment from gamestop today, Polka-dot Man & Bizarro. I am impressed by the quick delivery from gamestop. Some placed take 7 - 10 days or longer if they split up the packages.
PresidentJuggernaut
Customized

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 pm

Saw these at Gamestop, was going to get Bloodsport, Peacemaker, and Harley, but despite the $24.99 sticker they rang up at $19.99, so I went back for Polka Dot Man. Just snapped together my King Shark. I have the Mattel TV version and like it a lot, wasn't sure I really needed the SS movie version as well. But I love him in hand.
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 am

Pretty sure the Mattel one is a comic version of king shark, not tv version.
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:45 am

Only want King Shark from this wave. Will make for a great addition to the villain shelf and will fit in perfectly with the other lines on that shelf.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:11 am

dHunter333 wrote:Pretty sure the Mattel one is a comic version of king shark, not tv version.
I thought it was supposed to be both since there were two heads (hammerhead and great white), one each for comic and TV.

dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:56 am

I thought they were both from the comic?

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”