NECA DC replica props

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3199
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:26 am

PharOOO wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:28 am
Rex Mason wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:57 pm
Found the Batman: The Animated Series Grapnel Launcher today while braving my local Walmart. It looks great, but is actually battery operated (I didn't realize it would actually function). The "Batteries Not Included" label is pretty small, so if you find one, make sure you pick up three LR1 1.5 volt batteries to go with it. I like mine a lot, but I have to wait until my next errand run to see if it actually works...
Hey Rex, how much was the grapnel?
I'd like to know the actual Walmart MSRP before deciding to buy one from either eBay or pre-ordering from an online retailer.
Thank you!
$29.96 I found mines a month ago. Honestly while it’s a fun prop; it’s a bit overpriced. I was expecting it around $20 bucks but not $30.
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2051
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: NECA DC replica props

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:20 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:26 am
PharOOO wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:28 am
Rex Mason wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:57 pm
Found the Batman: The Animated Series Grapnel Launcher today while braving my local Walmart. It looks great, but is actually battery operated (I didn't realize it would actually function). The "Batteries Not Included" label is pretty small, so if you find one, make sure you pick up three LR1 1.5 volt batteries to go with it. I like mine a lot, but I have to wait until my next errand run to see if it actually works...
Hey Rex, how much was the grapnel?
I'd like to know the actual Walmart MSRP before deciding to buy one from either eBay or pre-ordering from an online retailer.
Thank you!
$29.96 I found mines a month ago. Honestly while it’s a fun prop; it’s a bit overpriced. I was expecting it around $20 bucks but not $30.
I actually didn't check the price when I was buying it. Thought it would ring up in the same ballpark as the Batarang, and bought it with a bunch of groceries and stuff. I'm still not sure what I paid because I threw away the receipt and haven't seen another in stores since!
User avatar
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 4063
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:53 pm

I got the Grapnel at Walmart a few weeks ago and I believe it was $29 and change (over $30 with tax).
PharOOO
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:41 am

Thank you, NEW BATMAN, Rex Mason, and Ninjak for your replies!

Most online retailers have it listed for $39.99 so I'll wait until I stumble across it elsewhere closer to the Walmart price.
Thanks again, fellas.
User avatar
Jedigreedo
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:29 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:29 am

Hope it's not too long before we see the Batman Beyond batarang. Very much would like to see that on a stand like the '89 Batarang.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3199
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:57 am

The 89 grapple gun has been found at target.
Not sure if it’s exclusive to target or if it’s a 30 first.
User avatar
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:07 am

The TAS one is nice, but darn, do I want that.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Palm Coast, FL.
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:27 am

My Walmart never got any of the NECA exclusives!
PharOOO
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:25 pm

How much is the Batman 1989 Grapnel? If I read the Instagram post correctly, it's only $15? I was just about to buy one off Mercari for $40!!!
User avatar
Zorn88
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:36 pm

Nightwing's escrima sticks are also hitting walmarts for $30.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3199
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:46 pm

i read that too about the 89' being $15.. i mean how is it this is $15 and the animated one is $30??? make no sense.
PharOOO
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:19 pm

I got impatient and bought the BTAS version for $40 so I can't overspend on the 1989 version too.
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2051
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: NECA DC replica props

Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:30 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:46 pm
i read that too about the 89' being $15.. i mean how is it this is $15 and the animated one is $30??? make no sense.
Maybe it doesn't have the firing/reeling mechanism? Guess we'll have to see. I'm definitely in for it, especially at that price. Makes me think of the old Dark Knight Collection props I never bought back in the day but always wanted.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3199
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: NECA DC replica props

Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:42 pm

Rex Mason wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:30 pm
NEW BATMAN wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:46 pm
i read that too about the 89' being $15.. i mean how is it this is $15 and the animated one is $30??? make no sense.
Maybe it doesn't have the firing/reeling mechanism? Guess we'll have to see. I'm definitely in for it, especially at that price. Makes me think of the old Dark Knight Collection props I never bought back in the day but always wanted.
it does.
grapnel hook attachment and a motorized spool that retracts the rope and hook after firing. Uses 2 LR1 batteries, not included.
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2051
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: NECA DC replica props

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:35 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:42 pm
Rex Mason wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:30 pm
NEW BATMAN wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:46 pm
i read that too about the 89' being $15.. i mean how is it this is $15 and the animated one is $30??? make no sense.
Maybe it doesn't have the firing/reeling mechanism? Guess we'll have to see. I'm definitely in for it, especially at that price. Makes me think of the old Dark Knight Collection props I never bought back in the day but always wanted.
it does.
grapnel hook attachment and a motorized spool that retracts the rope and hook after firing. Uses 2 LR1 batteries, not included.
Pretty good deal, then! Looking forward to finding one in the wild...

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”