McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Justice League Movie Wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Justice League Movie Wave

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:33 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
PJ wrote:So the Unmasked Batman that EE said shipped last Thursday still hasn’t even left CA. All week I check the tracking and was told the USPS has no record. Well, yesterday it said the PO received it (or maybe just the paperwork) so it took a week for it to get picked up. God knows how long it’s going to take to get here in NY. They have the worst shipping ever. lol
I've never had good fortune with EE and their shipping...always a shitshow. For this one, I finally splurged and paid extra for Fed Ex delivery (total cost for him after shipping was $44 Image) but he shipped last Friday and is out for delivery today. I'm not happy to spend so much, but I guess it's better than never knowing where it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I paid the extra for FedEx shipping for my unmasked Batman. It sucks paying almost double for the figure with shipping but Smartpost is horrible and everytime I've used them it's been a horrible experience.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:20 am

Magnuz wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:12 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:49 pm
Thanks. Are the shinny plates just a gloss coat or a whole new red?
I mixed a new red, testors guards red (glossy) and some flat black to darken and tone it down a tad.

The full repaint process was, first black wash the whole figure to detail the undersuit and amor plates etc. Then i mixed the dark red that was close to the existing figure color and did light coats, almost drybrushed on the armor plates to give them the solid glossy color, used the koto statue as reference, but most of his smooth armor plates, helmet top, and boots are shinier material so thats what i went with. I used the same red on the abs but as a very light dab coat so its not shiny there just gives the abs the red color blocks they are supposed to have. Once all that was done i did the chrome pen over the wires.
Wanted to say, "Thanks for the painting details".

That and by responding I can find this when I circle back to paint my Flash.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:49 am

Magnuz wrote:[
Wanted to follow up, you were right about the diaper piece. It was misassembled, I slid the pieces back into the moldings and he's good as gold. Incredibly simple, and I learned something in the process. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:53 pm

No problem, these figures despite their faults are incredibly easy to work on with all the parts popping apart, and i enjoy detail painting intricate sculpts like these so they are kind of fun to play with but also make better or unique.
Ric Rueger
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:33 pm

I found a Platinum Edition Batman at Target this morning . I'm still puzzled as to why goggles up would be the special edition . I'm also curious to how readily available the platinum edition will be . If McFarlane never does a normal BVS \ Justice League Batman this will be my go to Batman .
batprofessor
Customized

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:46 pm

Yesterday was old school! After finding Darkseid and Steppenwolf at a local Gamestop, my wife and I went on a quest to see how man Snyder Cut figs we could score at retail. Ultimately we got Cyborg at another GS, found Aquaman at WalMart, and Supes at Target. Ordered Bats and Flash in-store at GS - it was a good day.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:51 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:53 pm
No problem, these figures despite their faults are incredibly easy to work on with all the parts popping apart, and i enjoy detail painting intricate sculpts like these so they are kind of fun to play with but also make better or unique.
Yeah, all of the sculpting is there, definitely. I just wish Flash could have gotten the paint job he deserves right out of the factory. However.....I am pretty excited about the progress I've made on his repaint. I'm about 80% done, but I am feeling good about it.

I didn't know about these popping apart so easily. I've just been painting him completely assembled. (I did boil and pop his head off though).
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:53 am

I don't care for JL or the Batfleck take in general...but I found the standard figure (goggles down is the standard version, right...?) at Target today and bought it because I'm apparently an unrepentant bat-whore.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:13 am

Did some work to ww84 to make something closer to jl wonder woman.
Black wash to give the armor more patina and make it less bright. Shortened her legs, gave her the strap, sword, and shield from the mattel bvs wonder woman.

Also decided to try the bvs aquaman head on aquaman and I think I prefer this to the mish-mash I tried before.
MrImpossible
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:08 am

blackcomicnerd wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:33 am
TheRealSmallville wrote:
PJ wrote:So the Unmasked Batman that EE said shipped last Thursday still hasn’t even left CA. All week I check the tracking and was told the USPS has no record. Well, yesterday it said the PO received it (or maybe just the paperwork) so it took a week for it to get picked up. God knows how long it’s going to take to get here in NY. They have the worst shipping ever. lol
I've never had good fortune with EE and their shipping...always a shitshow. For this one, I finally splurged and paid extra for Fed Ex delivery (total cost for him after shipping was $44 Image) but he shipped last Friday and is out for delivery today. I'm not happy to spend so much, but I guess it's better than never knowing where it is.

I paid the extra for FedEx shipping for my unmasked Batman. It sucks paying almost double for the figure with shipping but Smartpost is horrible and everytime I've used them it's been a horrible experience.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
It sucked every time that Target used it, and it sure sucks that EE uses it. I really hope he doesn’t select them for exclusives again…

In other news, the very first Platinum Batman (goggles up) has popped up on eBay. Surely it didn’t take this long for someone to finally find one…? Has anyone here managed to find or see one in person?
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:10 am

Magnuz wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:13 am
Did some work to ww84 to make something closer to jl wonder woman.
Black wash to give the armor more patina and make it less bright. Shortened her legs, gave her the strap, sword, and shield from the mattel bvs wonder woman.

Also decided to try the bvs aquaman head on aquaman and I think I prefer this to the mish-mash I tried before.
Great job. More customizing questions: How did you shorten her legs?
batprofessor
Customized

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:25 am

I used the Mattel JL Multiverse Aquaman head:

drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:13 am

PJ wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:34 am
So the Unmasked Batman that EE said shipped last Thursday still hasn’t even left CA. All week I check the tracking and was told the USPS has no record. Well, yesterday it said the PO received it (or maybe just the paperwork) so it took a week for it to get picked up. God knows how long it’s going to take to get here in NY. They have the worst shipping ever. lol
Yeah, I use EE quite a bit. Their shipping partner is Pitney Bowes which is who Ebay has contracted for overseas shipping.
I've had a package once take a month to get to me once it was picked up from EE. The average is usually 2 weeks though.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:36 pm

Found a red and blue Supes while visiting home last week (Overland Park, KS). Told myself I wasn't gonna pick him up, but I got swept up in that vacation buying mode. Don't regret it, though- he looks really nice. The metallic colors really pop, and offset the black suit version well. This is probably the most versions of Supes I've ever owned, at least from the same line.
devroid
I wish I had super powers

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:48 pm

Got to Target on my lunch break just as they were stocking and snatched the platinum Batfleck off the cart. Wish this wasn't the version I wanted, the one on ebay is already at $75 with 5 days to go.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”