McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Justice League Movie Wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Magnuz
Tyrant
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Justice League Movie Wave

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm

I'm hoping he will hit like the first wave of gold label did, which was pretty heavy in some stores and easy to get. I'm skipping the topless version and waiting for this one.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:05 pm

I’m going topless so I can use it for other things as well.

Not a fan of the armored look figure.
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:58 pm

Happened along Aquaman, Cyborg and Supes (one each, only) hanging on the pegs at Walmart. Snapped ‘em up. Like ‘em.

The sculpts are really and truly excellent. These are great action figures. But. Their one shortcoming—and it’s a major one—is eye paint. The bodies are sculpted and painted well nigh perfectly. And the face sculpts are really there. REALLY there. But the eyes are the window to the soul and if you don’t get the mischief-y fun glint in Mamoa or that cocksure glare with a hint of irritation (or world weary exasperation) that is trademark Cavill—then you didn’t infuse the figure with the animus of the actor. And you’re left with something that “looks kinda like….”

It’s not even that they’re not using photo real. Even without photo real, they could paint the eyes much, much better than they currently are. Because actually they did just that with Cyborg. The Ray Fisher likeness is quite excellently realized in my opinion. Which shows that they CAN do it. They’re just not doing it consistently.

[Cathartic mini-rant over.] I dig the figs. Wish I was a master miniature eye painter. But I’m not, and so I can live with these figures as they are. They are fun hand candy. And they completely obviate the need for me to hang on to my Mattel Multiverse JL figs.

Bring on Barry and Bruce.

[Haven’t had a chance to snap any pics yet. Maybe later.]
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:49 am

I also ran across one each of Superman, Aquaman and Cyborg at a Walmart. But even though they were only $15.88, I still stuck with my plan and just bought Superman. If I can find Batman that cheap, I'll be quite the happy camper. Then all I'll have left is the Target blue/red Superman and maybe the fully clothed Darkseid if I can find him.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:23 pm

Still on the fence but leaning toward NOT picking these up. The likenesses are baby soft, scale is all over the place, and I'd have to go rebuy that WW84 figure which just sold off (I tried to like her, but couldn't). I have the team from Mattel complete (even have a black suit Superman from the MOS line), they have their flaws, but it's an overall solid line up. Then I also have my "high end" version of the team which will be complete once Mezco ships their Sperman/Batman/Flash set. How many versions of one team does a guy need?
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:07 pm

I think I’ll be good with both Supes,possibly armored DS if I ever see him,now if they’d just make regular suit Bats to complete my Trinity!
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:56 pm

i'll be honest i never bought the mattel versions, to me those look bad and i did have the BvS ones but again they're bad. i didn't get the high end ones like the mafex or figuarts as i don't have that kind of money (i did get the KO batmans which are good but not perfect). had DCC continued with their DC films line we would have gotten some really good JL figures by now.

so for me though not perfect, these will my perfect team, can't wait to find these once they hit in florida.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:05 pm

My interest in these is to have a few DC movie characters to mix with my Marvel Select movie figures. While WW and Superman are a little taller than I'd like, I can live with it. Count me among those who would prefer Batfleck's BvS suit over JL suit, but I'm still planning on getting him. My ultimate plan is to have armored Darkseid with the MS movie Thanos against the combined DC/Marvel gang.

I'm skipping Snyderborg and Flash as I kinda hate these versions of the characters. I'm skipping Aquaman as I prefer his solo movie look to the crustacean armor. Plus the second solo movie is in the works, so maybe I'll get the version I want then.

Edit- quick shot with MCU figures.

STC
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:13 pm

Has anyone found these in the Bay Area? On Tues I went to 4 Targets and 2 Walmarts - nothing.
bat1975
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:16 pm

Any Batman sightings in the US?
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:18 pm

How tall is Snyder Supes vs AC1000 Supes?

misterskeezler on Instagram

Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:52 pm

Mister Skeezler wrote:How tall is Snyder Supes vs AC1000 Supes?

I measure AC1000 at 7-1/8" and Cavill at 7-1/2".

MrImpossible
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:34 pm

In a strange turn of events, Amazon shipped my four figs that I ordered from them (the only four I ever saw in stock on their site) and they’re arriving today…those are shirtless Darkseid, Steppenwolf, Flash, and Aquaman.

All other retailers seem to be treating these with the same “Justice League? We never sold McF Justice League….” attitude. Walmart and Target continue to hold my preorders in limbo. Gonna be really annoying missing half the team for what will probably be another month or two…
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:26 pm

they have arrived in miami! went to one of my targets this morning and found them. they had 2 aquamans and a flash, no batman, cyborg or superman so i picked up flash for now. i was hoping to find the classic suit superman first but i guess i either missed him or they don't have it yet.

i went to walmart after to see they have them, nothing but empty pegs... lol
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Sloth15 wrote:
Mister Skeezler wrote:How tall is Snyder Supes vs AC1000 Supes?

I measure AC1000 at 7-1/8" and Cavill at 7-1/2".

Thanks. Seems like another situation where MickDicks are all over the map, scale-wise.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics