Mondo 1/6 Batman: The Animated Series

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
dcucfan
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mondo 1/6 Batman: The Animated Series

Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:47 am

Anyone get Joker today? I couldn’t go all in on these but did grab Joker to pair with my lone Batman. Those heads are all just so good.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:01 am

I got him! Can’t believe it’s been a year since I last posted wondering when he’d be released — and he’s still not supposed to be released until next February!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:08 am

Strongly considering it. I talked myself out of this line after I saw a number of people selling their Mr. Freeze figures where the rubber rings on his arms / elbows had cracked and deteriorated over time. I don't know if it's due to abuse but I would assume adult collectors aren't taking their angst out on their $200+ Batman dollies. The fact that they are offering a redux Batman as well makes me want to get both he and Joker, but I'm reminding myself "$400+ and you already have the 6in versions..."

aka Internal Mom: "We have Batman the Animated series figures at home."
batprofessor
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:47 pm

Batman arrived yesterday. For a $200 figure, quality control leaves much to be desired. Paint slop, scratches, and a base stand that doesn’t properly support the figure are some of my concerns. I passed on the first edition after reading the reviews, hoping this would be up to snuff. It’s better, but it will be the last I order from the folks at Mondo.

picture hosting
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:58 pm

Be careful with the stand holder. Make sure it's a little bit loose around the figure. I had mine too tight on the OG release and now there are two little indents where the stand pushed on the plastic.
batprofessor
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:10 pm

I switched it with a “c” type waist grabber.
JAG2045
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:06 pm

A few question's about this line (from someone who has never bought Mondo stuff)

1. Was the Batman released at SDCC the same as the regular edition? I can see the SDCC Joker included 2 extra heads but Batman seems the same
2. Have they said anything about re-issuing Freeze?

Would appreciate any help!
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:05 pm

JAG2045 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:06 pm
A few question's about this line (from someone who has never bought Mondo stuff)

1. Was the Batman released at SDCC the same as the regular edition? I can see the SDCC Joker included 2 extra heads but Batman seems the same
2. Have they said anything about re-issuing Freeze?

Would appreciate any help!
1. To my knowledge, there was only the one version of the most recent Batman.
2. I have not seen anything about a Freeze re-issue, and I follow this line fairly closely.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:00 am

My Mondo SDCC Joker just shipped. I wasn’t expecting it until 2023, so I’m very surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:36 pm

Joker just arrived. (I'm in Dallas, so he didn't have to travel far.)

I give him a B- at best. If he were cheaper, I’d be more impressed. But at this price point, he ought to be perfect, and he’s not. Elbows and knees should absolutely be double joints. (Yes, I know single joints is the Mondo standard. Doesn't make it right.) And the lower tray that holds the hands is taped to the inside of the box. Which is fine, except that the figure stand is UNDER the tray. To remove it, you have to damage the packaging in some way. Inexcusable at this price point. I guess I’ll try him without the stand, but he won’t match his fellow Gothamites.

Also, I don't care for the cel shading. Basically his suit is dark purple on the. back, light in front. And the "shadow" of the grey hat over is face just looks like he's covered in grey mud. Some poor decisions where cel shading is concerned.
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:22 pm

Quick follow up:

Mildly annoying. I went ahead a cut the base out of the package. The yellow of the bat logo does not match the previous bases. Again, for the price, I expect better.
JRoug
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:25 pm

My Joker just arrived - haven't opened yet, but picked box up and it sounds like every piece is loose and rattling around in there - anyone else experience this?
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:52 am

JRoug wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:25 pm
My Joker just arrived - haven't opened yet, but picked box up and it sounds like every piece is loose and rattling around in there - anyone else experience this?
Yes, I did. The hands in the lower tray are not secure and tumble loose.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”