Mondo 1/6 Batman: The Animated Series

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mondo 1/6 Batman: The Animated Series

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:23 am

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Mondo 1/6 Batman: The Animated Series

Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:36 pm

Thanks for posting that! I'd missed the news on Joker coming, but am really excited. I don't venture into sixth scale too often, but I really love this line.
HarveyDentist
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:08 pm

I feel like they should be WAY more far along with this project seeing as how the Catwoman was shown last SDCC. I guess maybe they weren't sure if this line was going to continue or something, because to not even have the model articulated yet means there is a LOT more work to seemingly be done.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:53 am

Have there been any more updates on this line? Can’t find anything online and the release date for Joker (May 2021) came and went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:54 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Have there been any more updates on this line? Can’t find anything online and the release date for Joker (May 2021) came and went.

Mondo posted a (non-informative) teaser about Joker to social media a couple of weeks ago. But that's it.

C.
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:33 pm

InanimateObjects wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:54 pm
gpmartin414 wrote:

Mondo posted a (non-informative) teaser about Joker to social media a couple of weeks ago. But that's it.

C.
I wouldn't say an unpainted image of the figure is exactly "non-informative.
Although painted pictures and detailed information and dates and stuff would obviously be preferable.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:15 am

Hope he comes with more than just that head. If anyone warrants multiple expressions it's Joker. Hoping for Scarecrow, Riddler, TwoFace, Ivy and Croc before they hang it up.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:33 pm

Yeah, I really hope this line has long legs, but it doesn't seem ultra popular...

Clayface would be my biggest personal want, but I'd imagine he's pretty unlikely.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:42 pm

S.W.O.R.D.Agent - I think the main reason this line isn't super popular is mainly the price point. Even when new the figures are in the $100 range, and if you miss the initial release forget about it. The secondary market prices are insane. Not many people want to own Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, and Joker without also having a Batman to go along with them. But you'd practically have to take out a bank loan to get that Mondo Batman figure now.

I think this line would benefit greatly if they re-released the BTAS Batman figure or did a TNA Batman as a new release.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:10 pm

I hadn't considered folks may have missed out on Batman. Do you know if they have a history of re-releasing anything? The MOTU line seems popular enough, but no idea if that's gotten re-releases or not.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:35 pm

If I had to guess, I'd say that the amount of time between figures and the relatively close proximity to the DC Collectibles figures is probably what initially caused people to be hesitant about the line. Maybe now that the DCC line is no more, this may pick up some steam. The next logical release after Joker would be Harley, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Scarecrow first and foremost. If they included his first appearance head, second appearance, and maybe a Fear Toxin head, I'd sell a kidney and order 3!
JRoug
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:16 am

All they've promised is a Joker. From what I hear, they're not blown away by sales.

Personally, the cel-shading killed it. Totally unnecessary & unnatural. I bought the 2nd Batman (Black version) and it's fine, but every time I think about Freeze of Catwoman, I notice the cel shading & I'm out. As much as I'd like a Joker, if he's not released without the cel effect, I'll pass.

Price point is fine for the product if you buy from a vendor who offers low shipping - Mondo shipping on these generally runs an extra $25 to me and that puts these all over $200 once tax is factored in.
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:40 am

They said there's a paint master that they didn't have with them and couldn't take pictures of it, so they made this render in order to have something to show. They also said Joker's in production and "coming." I'm good with everything except the all green hair. Someone clearly forgot that his hair was drawn mostly black, which is odd, because they got that right on the render from last year. So they either forgot when making the paint master or forgot when making the render. I guess we'll find out which at some point. Some day. Probably.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:24 pm

I'm excited for joker, but bummed nothing else was shown. This was going to be the BTAS series for me, but it looks like Joker may be the end.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:43 am

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:I'm excited for joker, but bummed nothing else was shown. This was going to be the BTAS series for me, but it looks like Joker may be the end.
Yeah, seems like it. Wonder if Joker even comes out in 2021. The X-Men Wolverine figure that went up (and promptly sold out) doesn’t come out until January 2022, so Joker is probably after that.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”