MAFEX DC Comics Figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX DC Comics Figures

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:02 pm

That nightwing is great. I wasn't feeling it based on the prototype, but that's much better!
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:24 pm

Clearer scan

blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:50 pm

Hands down the best looking Nightwing figure ever produced! Just a shame that we won't get him until 2023.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

dcucfan
CROM!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:48 pm

This is the Nightwing figure I’ve always wanted. Holy smokes.

I’ve been waffling on keeping my Azbats preorder, but if Bane enters the picture…

May as well just set up a direct deposit to Mafex at this point.
mat-chow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:53 pm

Yep that Nightwing is flat out stellar. Definite PO.

On another note I just received the JL Cyborg figure, totally forgot he’s half die-cast until I opened him. Great figure!
Mysticmanjrf1
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:59 pm

panther10 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:32 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:05 pm
Jesus this figure blows every other Nightwing we’ve ever gotten out of the water.

Doesn't pretty much EVERY Mafex release blow every previously-released version of that character out of the water? Image
While that is mostly true, Nightwing is one of those characters that we’ve gotten quite a few figures of, (though not a huge amount) and yet it seems like not a single one of those figures really ever excels all that much. They all end up feeling kind of basic in their detailing and sculpt.

This figure does not do that. This Nightwing looks like a really high end statue with articulation added to it. This one isn’t going to be fading into the background of any collectors display. I wouldn’t even be surprised if people started putting him center stage in their collection and began building a display around him instead!
My eyes actually bulged out of their sockets for a little bit there and I can’t remember the last time a Nightwing figure made me do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. There are a lot of Nightwing figures....but none really stand out, and each of them are a bit flawed. The original DCD Hush Nightwing is a brittle statue, and some of the more articulated Mattel/McFarlane figures have sculpt issues. The bulky body/arms on DCUC and Mattel Multiverse Nightwing...odd proportions on McFarlane...

The DC Icons Nightwing is the closest thing we've gotten to a great standalone Nightwing figure, and aside from the QC issues of Icons, that figure doesn't really scale with anything else other then more Icons figures.

This Nightwing is absolutely perfect. Completely nails the headsculpt, proper proportions and great articulation. Plus alternate heads/accessories. Should scale well with DCUC although I'll probably display this guy separate. Nightwing is my favorite DC character, and this looks like the version of him I've been waiting for since I first started collecting. Absolutely cannot wait for this figure.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:53 pm

omg he looks perfect!!! i'm ordering two.
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:03 pm

Hard not to get hyped when it looks THAT good. Darn.
Diego
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:07 pm

kojigritton wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:25 pm
TheSameIdiot wrote:It's time.

ImageImage

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully Azrael (not Az-Bat) is coming too. I once had a Select Sculpt Azrael that was just OK. a MAFEX one would be beautiful.
Diego
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:09 pm

pr1983 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:03 pm
Hard not to get hyped when it looks THAT good. Darn.
I know! I just said that I had no interest in this figure, but seeing what happened with Hush Batman and Superman, if I don't PO I better not regret it, because prices in the secondary market will be insane.

Probably better to PO, just in case.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:39 pm

kojigritton wrote:

ImageImage

Love to see this from our own MAFEX whisperer.

I've never been able to get into the Bat-family. For some reason, I prefer Bruce as a lone warrior. But I know how important Dick is to people ( :wink: ) so I'm thrilled to see this. Nightwing has a great design, too. Happy for you Nightwing folks.
Yo.
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:48 pm

I'll echo everyone's sentiment regarding that Nightwing, it looks beautiful & a sure preorder even though I don't own any of the Hush figures.

The only downside is the lack of a smiling face.
Gladiator
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:05 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:39 pm
kojigritton wrote:

ImageImage

Love to see this from our own MAFEX whisperer.

I've never been able to get into the Bat-family. For some reason, I prefer Bruce as a lone warrior. But I know how important Dick is to people ( :wink: ) so I'm thrilled to see this. Nightwing has a great design, too. Happy for you Nightwing folks.
Would be curious to see if Maefx could pull off a larger figure with any decency. I bought the Storm collectibles Bane. Personally gonna roll with that. I have bought all the Hush Maefx as I want a display set up with them all! Can’t wait for this Nightwing!
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:03 am

kojigritton wrote:

ImageImage

Listen, don't joke around, Kojigritton! This is no laughing matter. This is the 2nd time you've given this emoji at the mention of a Knightfall Bane. This better be happening! Stop toying with my emotions.
Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:The DC Icons Nightwing is the closest thing we've gotten to a great standalone Nightwing figure, and aside from the QC issues of Icons, that figure doesn't really scale with anything else other then more Icons figures.

This Nightwing is absolutely perfect. Completely nails the headsculpt, proper proportions and great articulation. Plus alternate heads/accessories. Should scale well with DCUC although I'll probably display this guy separate. Nightwing is my favorite DC character, and this looks like the version of him I've been waiting for since I first started collecting. Absolutely cannot wait for this figure.
I find the DC Icons Nightwing scales pretty well with the Mafex Hush Batman. As one of the last DC Icons in the line, Nightwing's scale was closer to Marvel Legends, for example, than the earlier Icons figures, at least in terms of height. You can put him beside a Pizza Spidey and fudge it reasonably well. I guess it doesn't look as good with DCUC.

I do really enjoy that Icons Nightwing, but obviously this Mafex is a different level. The figure looks just about perfect. Would have been nice if there were "electrified" escrima sticks, or some kind of spark effects to put on the ends, like the effects that came with Gambit for the ends of his bo staff. Maybe another smiling headsculpt, too.

But other than that, I can't wait to get this in hand (Terminator, too!).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:14 am

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
kojigritton wrote:

ImageImage

Listen, don't joke around, Kojigritton! This is no laughing matter. This is the 2nd time you've given this emoji at the mention of a Knightfall Bane. This better be happening! Stop toying with my emotions.
Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:The DC Icons Nightwing is the closest thing we've gotten to a great standalone Nightwing figure, and aside from the QC issues of Icons, that figure doesn't really scale with anything else other then more Icons figures.

I find the DC Icons Nightwing scales pretty well with the Mafex Hush Batman. As one of the last DC Icons in the line, Nightwing's scale was closer to Marvel Legends, for example, than the earlier Icons figures, at least in terms of height. You can put him beside a Pizza Spidey and fudge it reasonably well. I guess it doesn't look as good with DCUC.

I do really enjoy that Icons Nightwing, but obviously this Mafex is a different level. The figure looks just about perfect. Would have been nice if there were "electrified" escrima sticks, or some kind of spark effects to put on the ends, like the effects that came with Gambit for the ends of his bo staff. Maybe another smiling headsculpt, too.

But other than that, I can't wait to get this in hand (Terminator, too!).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The electric escrima sticks where never really a thing until Batman Arkham City from 2011. Since this figure has been well established to have been based on his appearances from the Hush storyline in 2003/4, obviously those kinds of weapons wouldn’t make sense as an accessory because they didn’t appear in the story. And he didn’t use electric escrima sticks in his solo comics until more recently following New52.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”