MAFEX DC Comics Figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX DC Comics Figures

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:14 pm

BBTS got a restock on Hush Supes as well

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... m_content=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:21 pm

...and it's gone. That was fast.
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:35 pm

pr1983 wrote:...and it's gone. That was fast.
Wow, that was fast...damn.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:49 pm

Wow, gone already? I'd been kicking myself for not picking him up since I've really loved the Hush figures I have so far (just Bats and Catwoman) and I just happened to be at my desk working when the BBTS email came in and thought I'd regret it if I hesitated. Must've been VERY limited stock. Wild.
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:56 pm

docsilence wrote:Wow, gone already? I'd been kicking myself for not picking him up since I've really loved the Hush figures I have so far (just Bats and Catwoman) and I just happened to be at my desk working when the BBTS email came in and thought I'd regret it if I hesitated. Must've been VERY limited stock. Wild.
I was doing the same when the email came in. Grabbed one, but had no clue I was apparently lucky while doing so. These don't sit around long!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:03 pm

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:56 pm
docsilence wrote:Wow, gone already? I'd been kicking myself for not picking him up since I've really loved the Hush figures I have so far (just Bats and Catwoman) and I just happened to be at my desk working when the BBTS email came in and thought I'd regret it if I hesitated. Must've been VERY limited stock. Wild.
I was doing the same when the email came in. Grabbed one, but had no clue I was apparently lucky while doing so. These don't sit around long!
I'm officially calling this the one good thing about being a freelancer and not having the Monday holiday off here. "I might be working, but I saw the BBTS email right away..."

I just checked out what some of the others from the Hush line are going for on the secondary market. I think this has cemented me on "if I think I want it and I can afford it, preorder from now on..."
Samalas
Super Poseable

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:24 am

pr1983 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:21 pm
...and it's gone. That was fast.
Damn, guess I got lucky then. Happened to check my phone, saw the email like 10 minutes after I got it, immediately placed an order.

Happy I got it in, passed on it initially because there were other things I wanted more at the time.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:47 am

SHIT. Missed it. That was exciting for a half minute

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:00 am

Luckily I received it on its original release, because it was already sold out when I saw the restock email yesterday.
bat1987
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:18 pm

Its back up at BBTS.
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:28 pm

Gone again at BBTS. Hmm, I wonder if they'll reissue Catwoman in the future.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm

I wonder how they do these restocks, and why other sites don't have them - AmiAmi, HLJ, etc.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:39 pm

AgentLionel wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm
I wonder how they do these restocks, and why other sites don't have them - AmiAmi, HLJ, etc.

If more than one site gets re-stocks I presume they all eventually will, they just won't all list them for sale at the same time and it could take a week or two for any given retailer to post it for sale. And for something popular like this it could get listed and sell out before most of us even see it listed.

As for how they do them it could be any number of things. The two most likely scenarios are a new production run for multiple reasons (first sold well, or possibly they originally meant to produce more and couldn't for whatever reason so they decided to delay the last parts of the run until later) or inventory that was lost and re-found.

When Medicom makes more more the time delay between the first and subsequent releases is usually first run hits retailers, then a few months later more runs hit retailers. If you don't see a second batch within 3-4 months then you can mostly assume it's gone, although in some cases new batches get created 1 to 4 years later. In this case we're seeing a modest run of Superman one year later. Infinity War Cap sold out initially, then more came out a few months later; same for Dark Knight Triumphant and Infinity War Thor. Medicom made more of the Dark Knight movie figures from several years ago just recently, and they're about to do the same thing with both of their Boba Fett figures in a few months that were originally sold 5 to 6 years ago.

So there's not much predictability to re-stocks. If it doesn't get re-released relatively quickly you never know if it ever will. :oops: Seems to me their most popular figure ever was the original Spider-Man, and while that did see at least three full batches released in 2019 there haven't been any since. If they were going to re-produce any I would think it would be that one, but eh, they're definitely mostly re-running only older ones that sold VERY well and had minimal QA issues with the original design. But sometimes they even fix design defects, too, and have done it many times with many figures. All three of the 2019 Spider-Man releases had minor paint changes.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:41 pm

Yeah, you should be preordering any DC or Marvel Mafex figures you think you'll want or risk having to pay $200+ for them. Since there are usually about 18 months between solicitation and being charged, you should have plenty of time to save.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:52 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:41 pm
Yeah, you should be preordering any DC or Marvel Mafex figures you think you'll want or risk having to pay $200+ for them. Since there are usually about 18 months between solicitation and being charged, you should have plenty of time to save.

Definitely that's the easiest path. I haven't been doing that and have been able to get everything I wanted, but it means doing a LOT of browser refreshing on Japanese sites once figures hit the market. :oops:

Gambit was by far the hardest to get after release from a retailer over the last few years. Almost didn't get him at all, and it took dozens or hundreds of page refreshes to finally get one. Superman was surprisingly easy because for whatever reason Medicom DID list it on their own site. Usually the popular ones don't show up there, but Superman did. I'm always surprised Medicom doesn't sell more through their own web site.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”