MAFEX DC Comics Figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: MAFEX DC Comics Figures

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:27 pm

Got my order in really looking forward to the Robin the figures both look great my only complaint with the Batman is they went with a “standard logo” not the one that appears in the source material ( it’s a considerably thicker bat)
Mattel did the same thing but it’s a little surprising on a high end figure
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:23 am

I am shocked this one is gonna manage to squeeze in there and be my "last" toy purchase of 2021. I thought it'd be a few more months for sure.

(Amazon currently has Armored DKR Batman listed for January 1st, but we'll just see about that.)

My only disappointment is with the symbol. It's way too "on model" with the Batman marketing brand and doesn't look at all like Frank drew it. And it looks like there's nothing we can do about it...it's sculpted into the chest just like the other MAFEX DKR Batmans.

Looks like they added the "down cowl" piece cause that wasn't in the solicitations, so that's nice. I think they got rid of a Batman head though, unless it's hiding in the package. No big loss, the two "teeth-gritting" Batman heads were pretty much identical.

It's cool that he has those knives in his thigh pouches but I doubt they're removable.

This Batman really is the "Book Two" Batman, or maybe even some scenes from the end of Book One if I'm being generous. In Book One, Miller really did draw a restrained, Neal Adams-esque Batman, but by Book Two, he was just getting bigger and crazier with every panel.

On my shelf, Carrie's gonna stand next to the black symbol Batman, cause the only time she ever really encountered Bruce in the blue costume was when he was trashed by the Mutant Leader.

Very cool that I'll finally have this in my hands in a few days (since I'm in Japan.) Surprised there aren't more photos out of Hong Kong yet...this is OFFICIALLY released in Japan tomorrow!

Hope all the international couriers get their stuff together and you guys all get this before Christmas....what a nice way to end the year that will be!
RedRobinCustoms
HULK SMASH!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:21 am

I've been thinking about other characters mafex could kill it with and i have a list.

Deathstroke (Judas contract)
The Flash
Kid Flash
Batgirl
Robin (Tim Drake Red and black costume)
Red Hood
Red Robin

Who would you guys like to see?
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:46 am

RedRobinCustoms wrote:
I've been thinking about other characters mafex could kill it with and i have a list.

The Flash
Kid Flash
Batgirl
Red Hood
Red Robin

Wonder Woman. After her, everyone else is gravy.

Have fun!
MaximumCrapping
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:15 am

I hope the pouch belt on the thigh can be removed.
IndyMOS
CROM!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:49 am

Got the payment request from Amiami for the two-pack. Looking forward to it! Kinda wish they’d do another run of the black/grey version again, but at least the McFarlane is coming out soon.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:52 pm

Hush joker shipped from bbts should be here tomorrow
Diego
Super Poseable

Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:55 pm

MaximumCrapping wrote:
I was thinking about that too. I'm looking forward to the first video reviews so they confirm. My guess is that it won't be and my only complaint is that the knife that seems to be there is a little bit out of place. No big deal, but after nailing something so close to the source material I don't know why they added that detail, seemingly out of nowhere.
Diego
Super Poseable

Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:06 pm

os189 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:23 am

Looks like they added the "down cowl" piece cause that wasn't in the solicitations, so that's nice. I think they got rid of a Batman head though, unless it's hiding in the package. No big loss, the two "teeth-gritting" Batman heads were pretty much identical.
From the picture a couple pages back I see that we have 3 heads: Batman, Batman with grinning teeth and Bruce Wayne. This is consistent with the description I have seen in most places (like BBTS: Bruce Wayne head sculpt + 2 Batman head sculpts). I think that some of the promotional pictures portrayed 3 head pictures together including the grinning teeth twice. It wasn't supposed to have two very similar batman heads. Maybe that picture was a little bit misleading.

The batman heads are consistent with what we have seen in other batman figures (Hush Batman also includes "regular" and "grinning teeth" heads). I like the Bruce Wayne head because it's quite unique. The "damaged version" DKR batman included a "bruised" Bruce wayne head and the armored Batman includes a "grinning teeth" Bruce head.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:54 pm

Got charged for the two pack this morning from Amazon Japan. Still says delivery will be between December 8th-December 11th. I really hope that leg belt is removable.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:59 pm

Photo Dave wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:46 am
RedRobinCustoms wrote:

The Flash
Kid Flash
Batgirl
Red Hood
Red Robin

Wonder Woman. After her, everyone else is gravy.

Have fun!
Oh yes - Perez Wonder Woman would be amazing!
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:45 pm

I got the feeling the leg belt is sculpting in just cause there's zero pics in the solicits without it. I guess we'll know for sure very soon, but my money is on it being permanently sculpted in, and the knives also non-removable.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:49 pm

Diego wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:55 pm
MaximumCrapping wrote:
I was thinking about that too. I'm looking forward to the first video reviews so they confirm. My guess is that it won't be and my only complaint is that the knife that seems to be there is a little bit out of place. No big deal, but after nailing something so close to the source material I don't know why they added that detail, seemingly out of nowhere.
The knives were never used in the book, but it's clearly inspired by this promo piece by Miller from one of the first fancy collected editions.

mat-chow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:48 pm

IndyMOS wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:49 am
Got the payment request from Amiami for the two-pack. Looking forward to it! Kinda wish they’d do another run of the black/grey version again, but at least the McFarlane is coming out soon.
Huh. Did not get mine yet.
uncomfortablysilent
I wish I had super powers

Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:53 pm

The Batman/Robin two-pack is in stock on HLJ right now if anyone's interested

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”