MAFEX DC Comics Figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX DC Comics Figures

Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:11 pm

thundergod31 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:40 pm
Just received my HUsh Superman from BBTS and it is missing the left foot. Anyone ever had to resolve this kind of issue with a Mafex before. Does Mafex replace parts? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Contact BBTS first, as you ordered it from them. They are generally great about replacements when it's an issue like that.
thundergod31
Customized

Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Will do! thanks. with the scarcity of the figure. I hope there’s a resilution. I was excited to recieve this thing.

PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:11 pm

My two Mafex Hush Batman (black & grey) figures arrived two days early from BBTS.
Diego
I wish I had super powers

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:47 pm

My Black Hush Batman arrived today as well. The two back wires of the cape are not attached to the cowl (like they are in my blue version). This is annoying. Actually, my black DKR MAFEX Batman has a left cape wire that doesn't connect to the cowl piece and my blue DKR Triumphant version has the same problem with a right cape wire.

I feel that this is a pretty common problem for these MAFEX wired capes, and while it may not be the end of the world (I'm sure I can still pose those capes) it' annoying considering the price tag.

Should the two back wires of the black Hush Batman attach to the cowl's neck piece? Or are they not fully connected for this version?

Should I contact BBTS for a replacement? Since this seems to be a pretty standard problem part of me wants to go for a replacement and see if I can get something that has the wires as it should (for both Black Hush and Triumphant DKR Bats, also received this week from BBTS), but part of me feels like this is just rolling a dice and that the chances that I'll get another figure with a similar problem (or worse) are pretty high.
Benedict
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 am

Diego wrote:
My Black Hush Batman arrived today as well. The two back wires of the cape are not attached to the cowl (like they are in my blue version). This is annoying. Actually, my black DKR MAFEX Batman has a left cape wire that doesn't connect to the cowl piece and my blue DKR Triumphant version has the same problem with a right cape wire.

I feel that this is a pretty common problem for these MAFEX wired capes, and while it may not be the end of the world (I'm sure I can still pose those capes) it' annoying considering the price tag.

Should the two back wires of the black Hush Batman attach to the cowl's neck piece? Or are they not fully connected for this version?

Should I contact BBTS for a replacement? Since this seems to be a pretty standard problem part of me wants to go for a replacement and see if I can get something that has the wires as it should (for both Black Hush and Triumphant DKR Bats, also received this week from BBTS), but part of me feels like this is just rolling a dice and that the chances that I'll get another figure with a similar problem (or worse) are pretty high.
The front ones should definitely bee hooked under the cowl. The back ones are inconsistent, this mod is easier than trying to replace the wire completely.
Grab the wire pretty close to the cowl (found it’s easier to bend it 90° first to get some purchase), push it up under the cowl and hook it on the other wire, give it a crimp with some pliers the pull the other ends of the wires.
Diego
I wish I had super powers

Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Benedict wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 am
Diego wrote:

The front ones should definitely bee hooked under the cowl. The back ones are inconsistent, this mod is easier than trying to replace the wire completely.
Grab the wire pretty close to the cowl (found it’s easier to bend it 90° first to get some purchase), push it up under the cowl and hook it on the other wire, give it a crimp with some pliers the pull the other ends of the wires.
Thank you very much for this advice. Knowing that the back wires are not always under the cowl, I'll probably won't ask for a replacement. I like this cape better that the blue Hush Batman. If posing it becomes a problem, I might try this mod.

I was actually considering pulling and attaching the unhooked wires of my MAFEX DKR Triumphant, but I was somewhat hesitant of using glue so close to the cloth cape to fix the end of the wire under the cape. I'll see, I might deal with it.

Thanks again for the advice.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:11 pm

Superman Hush just showed up in stock at BBTS:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/107528
pr1983
CROM!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:44 pm

It says he's in stock but there's no add to cart option on my browser. It just says "preorder sold out". Darn it anyway.
Yo.
Avengers Assemble

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Damn gone already. :lol:
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Yea they must have had a small number of extras because before today it said what it says now, pre-order sold out.
pr1983
CROM!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Hopefully because it's been selling so well, we'll get more in the future.
Dchan8
Super Poseable

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:23 pm

Did anyone order their figures off amiami? I’m wondering how the price to lower 48 is for DHL
kojigritton
Customized

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:28 am

Dchan8 wrote:Did anyone order their figures off amiami? I’m wondering how the price to lower 48 is for DHL
My DKR Triumphant Batman via DHL was a 2046 yen fee, to CA

(Through AmiAmi)

Dchan8
Super Poseable

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:00 am

Thanks! I’ll likely order through there, considering the price and speed
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:01 am

Dchan8 wrote:Did anyone order their figures off amiami? I’m wondering how the price to lower 48 is for DHL
It’s usually $15 to $20 to me in NYC. It’s great, though. The figures come in three or four days — faster than ordering something USPS Priority from most sites.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”