McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:13 am

Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:52 am

Those blues look the same to me.

Has anyone tried swapping the crotch and legs from AC Supes to Rebirth Supes?
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:18 am

Kenobi wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:52 am
Those blues look the same to me.

Has anyone tried swapping the crotch and legs from AC Supes to Rebirth Supes?
I've put AC crotch on I felted torso, fits perfectly.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:10 pm

The skin tones one the two figures are also slightly different. Rebirth is a bit more pale, again not by much.
maverick10126

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:16 pm

I have both versions of AC1000, the single and 2-pack release and this rebirth head actually matches the 2-pack version pretty well. I might swap the rebirth head onto the 2-pack body and bring the rebirth arms in as well. Basically the same figure except on the 2-pack body. The head on rebirth is painted a little better IMO. The skin doesn’t have that caked on makeup look and the eyes and eyebrows are painted better. The blush is a little heavy and he has a little bit of color under his eyes but all in all I think it’s a slight improvement.

And yes the diapers and lower body swap to rebirth easily enough. The AC1000 diaper is actually the same sculpt as the infected diaper.
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:34 pm

For a company that sculpts A+ figures all the time, McFarlane seems to make weird, amateur mistakes. There is just...no excuse for this Batman to tower over every other figure in the line. This looks like an entirely different scale of figure, even with a wide legged stance making him shorter.

Between this and the side eye, it's like they are actively trying to downgrade otherwise perfect figures.
Black Arbor
Customized

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:34 pm
For a company that sculpts A+ figures all the time, McFarlane seems to make weird, amateur mistakes. There is just...no excuse for this Batman to tower over every other figure in the line. This looks like an entirely different scale of figure, even with a wide legged stance making him shorter.

Between this and the side eye, it's like they are actively trying to downgrade otherwise perfect figures.
Well, yeah! If they gave you the perfect figure right outta the gate, how would they keep you on the hook for figures with incremental improvements in the future??
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:57 pm

If you’re like me and don’t have a 7” collection of accessories and parts, an expensive and impractical solution seems to be developing via the Spawn line. She Spawn is deluxe with multiple guns.
PharOOO
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:57 pm

I watched the Toy Shiz review of the Year 2 Batman again. While the proportions of the figure look very good, once you add the cloth cape, it bulks the shoulders up too much.

If I ever get this figure, I'll attempt my first custom. Since McFarlane's design team was generous enough to paint the cowl area blue already, I plan to remove the extra plastic cowl piece and only connect the cloth cape from behind using the 2 plugs.

I think this will give Batman a much cleaner, stream-lined look in-keeping with his appearances in that area.
maverick10126

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:23 pm

Yup, the 3J Batman looks great....but he's also frustrating scale wise. Batman is definitely the outlier in this line. Everyone else scales well relative to each other and then there's Batman. No would have probably noticed the imperfect scale had it not been for the Bat-family in general. It all started with Batgirl being way too tall. Then we started looking closer and realized DC1000 was slightly too tall compared to AC1000. And of course Nightwing was too tall as well.

Rather than do the logical thing and call those figures mistakes though, figures to be ignored, they instead just bumped each Batman up in height until Batgirl, Nightwing etc scaled properly compared to Batman. Nevermind the fact that everyone else lined up well with Superman.

I still don't know what happened to the Snydercut figures. They are all huge except for the tallest actor of the bunch, Affleck. His figure is the shortest.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Depending on who you talk to between my wife and I today was a good day at Target…lol

UPC’s and Cards -
Spoiler! :
Animated Flash -
Animated Superman (Black Suit) -
Rebirth Superman -
Inque Batman Beyond -
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:07 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:13 am
The legs of the new one in AC1000 superman would be cool i guess :?
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:18 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:

If you’re like me and don’t have a 7” collection of accessories and parts, an expensive and impractical solution seems to be developing via the Spawn line. She Spawn is deluxe with multiple guns.
I can't wait to get this in hand. She looks outstanding.

Preorders go up this week, right? Or was that next week?
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:27 pm

maverick10126 wrote:Yup, the 3J Batman looks great....but he's also frustrating scale wise. Batman is definitely the outlier in this line. Everyone else scales well relative to each other and then there's Batman. No would have probably noticed the imperfect scale had it not been for the Bat-family in general. It all started with Batgirl being way too tall. Then we started looking closer and realized DC1000 was slightly too tall compared to AC1000. And of course Nightwing was too tall as well.

Rather than do the logical thing and call those figures mistakes though, figures to be ignored, they instead just bumped each Batman up in height until Batgirl, Nightwing etc scaled properly compared to Batman. Nevermind the fact that everyone else lined up well with Superman.

I still don't know what happened to the Snydercut figures. They are all huge except for the tallest actor of the bunch, Affleck. His figure is the shortest.
I agree with everything here ^

I find it very frustrating, and yeah, the Snyder Cut figures are just inexplicably huge except for Batman. So weird.

misterskeezler on Instagram

VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:32 pm

PJ wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:36 pm
Depending on who you talk to between my wife and I today was a good day at Target…lol

UPC’s and Cards -
Spoiler! :
Animated Flash -
Animated Superman (Black Suit) -
Rebirth Superman -
Inque Batman Beyond -
Cool figures

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”