McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:50 pm

I think that's the thing that bugs me the most about this line: relative scale. And Batman is by far the biggest offender, because every third figure in the line is a Batman.

They really need to pick one size for Batman and stay with it. Why is Three Jokers Batman so much larger than the other Batman figures? Why is Justice League Batman so much smaller than the rest of the characters from the movie? For that matter, why are the Justice League figures so much larger than the rest of the line? Ezra Miller is not a big guy by any means, but the JL Flash looks ridiculous next to John Stewart GL.

For most of us, the figures don't exist in a vacuum. They are usually posed together in our collections, so why no consistent relative scale?

misterskeezler on Instagram

maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:32 pm

Yeah, I’ve been saying it for a while, it’s not that AC1000 Superman is too short. If this is a 7” line he’s pretty accurately scaled. It’s that Batman is regularly too tall. WK Batman is probably the most in scale Batman in the line if we are to believe 7” equals 6’. Arkham asylum Batman is actually also pretty good sized.

Metal Batman is huge, Todd’s design was huge. DC1000 was only marginally too tall.

This new one looks to be the size of Metal Batman.

If you’re going to creep up the size of Batman then you need to creep everyone else as well. The infected Superman buck is a great base body but the problem is Batman has grown so much it comes across as small.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:02 am

Well after watching Pulsecon for Marvel Legends I am reminded of why I like Todd and this line so much.....despite imperfections like those mentioned with Superman. So I guess we deal. The more I see of this Three Jokers Batman the more I think he will be the best Batman figure I own. Really like how he scales with Batgirl and Red Hood too. Looks like Lobo, Swamp Thing and Flash fit right in too.

Infected Superman is a really cool bruiser and I will be glad to have him, but not in a Justice League display. Ideally Solar Suit Superman will get a new body like Three Jokers then we will have a sick group. Just hope he nails the listings we've seen already - that's close to a League right there.
Garlador
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:15 am

ditko wrote:
Well after watching Pulsecon for Marvel Legends I am reminded of why I like Todd and this line so much.....despite imperfections like those mentioned with Superman. So I guess we deal. The more I see of this Three Jokers Batman the more I think he will be the best Batman figure I own. Really like how he scales with Batgirl and Red Hood too. Looks like Lobo, Swamp Thing and Flash fit right in too.

Infected Superman is a really cool bruiser and I will be glad to have him, but not in a Justice League display. Ideally Solar Suit Superman will get a new body like Three Jokers then we will have a sick group. Just hope he nails the listings we've seen already - that's close to a League right there.
The Three Jokers wave sounds like a big win overall, even if I wasn't a fan of the comic itself. The designs really are some of the best, and McFarlane really pulled through in bringing them to figure form.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:44 am

aceofknaves wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:21 pm
Oh let me just say that I hope Todd keeps it to the first miniseries. I’m still trying to convince myself that the sequels exist in the same alternate reality as the Highlander sequels and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and never actually happened like some Bearenstein Bears situation.
Yep, same, definitely.
And obviously I won't begrudge anyone if the releases stretch beyond that and offer them something they like; but there's still a few very nice options available within the limitations of just the original. Even the easy/ish variants are really desirable for me, rather than unnecessary (blue accented suit/yellow oval, maskless/Bruce etc) - and that the armoured Batman/Superman face-off became so iconic it informed even bigger media: that two-pack seems too great an idea to remain a rumour.
If the Superman head is better in hand, as Lobo's seems to be- seems like such a solid line.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:32 am

I’m really curious about TDKR Superman. I want to see how tall he is…and how he looks with the AC1000 head.

I’m still pretty happy with AC1000 overall. But I’m always looking for a different version of Superman it seems.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:39 am

This superman is thick as heck
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:11 am

maverick10126 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:32 pm
Yeah, I’ve been saying it for a while, it’s not that AC1000 Superman is too short. If this is a 7” line he’s pretty accurately scaled. It’s that Batman is regularly too tall. WK Batman is probably the most in scale Batman in the line if we are to believe 7” equals 6’. Arkham asylum Batman is actually also pretty good sized.

Metal Batman is huge, Todd’s design was huge. DC1000 was only marginally too tall.

This new one looks to be the size of Metal Batman.

If you’re going to creep up the size of Batman then you need to creep everyone else as well. The infected Superman buck is a great base body but the problem is Batman has grown so much it comes across as small.
The Bat family has their own weird scale compared to the rest of the line. It's like they made Batman taller to compensate for Nightwing and Batgirl being too tall initially. Seeing that Batgirl was scaled down on re-release means the others should probably also be scaled down. AC 1000 Superman looks pretty good next to every non-Batman figure in the line.

I actually wish they'd re-release a Rebirth/Hush version of Nightwing. As much as I love the wave 1 version, something about the head/hairstyle just bothers me, in addition to the slightly weird proportions.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:04 am

I believe the DKR stuff in the pipeline shows a willingness to do more older, story based stuff. Big stories, particularly involving Batman are probably now on the table. Being that Todd and Jim Lee are old pals, I think that puts Hush on the shortlist. Both for the magnificent art and the deep character selection.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:08 am

Heres hoping your right Tommy.

Hush is definitely a weak spot for me. I would have no choice but to support every single release.

To date Nightwing remains a fave McF figure of mine but would gladly take Hush version-Iconic look.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:11 am

HUSH is the one I'm hoping for. Three Jokers Batman would be a great base or all new. BAAF Croc. Catwoman makes her debut. Tim Drake Robin. Maybe a new crack at classic Superman and Poison Ivy. Honestly I think a Jim Lee Designer Series would do quite well. Sprinkle in some new52 and classic takes on Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter etc.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:59 am

bananaman wrote:Heres hoping your right Tommy.

Hush is definitely a weak spot for me. I would have no choice but to support every single release.

To date Nightwing remains a fave McF figure of mine but would gladly take Hush version-Iconic look.
It would be nice to get a Huntress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:21 am

ditko wrote:
Well after watching Pulsecon for Marvel Legends I am reminded of why I like Todd and this line so much.....despite imperfections like those mentioned with Superman.
Yeah, I have to agree. Paying a few bucks more than a standard MickDick for that white Vision with painted on costume details and no accessories? Ouch. Even Masters of Evil Zemo, who should be an easy figure to make, looks really silly in a skin tight costume with puffy sleeves, only because they didn't want to sculpt a new body with a less tight costume for him.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:22 pm

I remember when this thread was made

People saying that the figures sucked

It's cool to se a more diverse opinions and praising nowadays
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:32 pm

ditko wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:11 am
HUSH is the one I'm hoping for. Three Jokers Batman would be a great base or all new. BAAF Croc. Catwoman makes her debut. Tim Drake Robin. Maybe a new crack at classic Superman and Poison Ivy. Honestly I think a Jim Lee Designer Series would do quite well. Sprinkle in some new52 and classic takes on Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter etc.
Liked.

I can only imagine that all the figures you list would look amazing. McF would crush a Jim L. Designer series.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”