McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:57 am

Well if anyone can make Ollie work as a figure, it’s Todd.
OfficialJihad
HULK SMASH!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:54 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:14 am
As much sense as it makes to us for Todd to make one-armed Ollie, Todd has zero track record on making civilian figures. We’re two years and 100 base figures deep into this line with no civilians. The only civilian on the horizon is Drifter Bruce from the movie. And maybe movie Penguin depending on how he looks. Beyond that, it took Mattel 17 years to make two civilians. Clark Kent and Alfred Pennyworth. So maybe it’s more of a DC thing than a Todd thing. DCD has a few more. They always seemed to have a bit more leeway. Ollie and Gordon’s best shot is as a Todd store exclusive two pack.

I look for Bruce in blue, army builder Mutant, Diana with Jon Kent papoose style, Lara Kent, and C&C Mutant Leader in wave two.

And the APC Batmobile from DKR is absolutely in play.
I don’t understand why Todd makes so many civilian style figures from Walking Dead, Stranger Things, etc, but doesn’t think an iconic character like Commissioner Gordon is.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:10 am

Speculating that maybe DC doesn’t want civilians. Todd goes for the “shelf pop”. Civilians don’t pop.

One of my all time favorite DC characters is Jack Knight/Starman.

I’m shit out of luck.

The hope lies in Todd’s store. He did a handful of civilians back in the day for Spawn that were internet exclusives like Wanda Simmons.
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:00 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:43 pm
Thor-El wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:33 pm
Pre-ordered the blue Darkseid/Luthor figure yesterday strictly to get that throne to use with my DCUC Fourth World Apokolips setup. The figure itself will get tossed into the "Box of No Return."
The chair is nice, particularly since it doesn't hike the price up any, but I have no use for the figure, so I'm passing. Excited for the green and purple Lex, however.
Like I said, I have zero desire for the figure itself. It’ll be instantly chucked into a box and never seen again. It’s all about that chair for me.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:38 am

A very nice review of Lobo from Spot. This figure has so much (unpainted) detail, I'm actually surprised how nice it is. But honestly, buying MickDicks sometimes feels like getting a coloring book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELyeU3CDCwU
Ultramane
CROM!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:58 am

huh, just noticed lobo doesn't have trigger fingers. crazy. gonna have to slice them free so he can use some warhammer or marvel select cable guns
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:54 pm

Just thinking out loud, Hasbro Pulse Con is today and tomorrow.

What are the odds of Todd dropping a few bombs on Monday? Cut into their news cycle. Maybe piggyback it a bit. Not DC specifically, just some interesting unseen stuff.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:52 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:54 pm
Just thinking out loud, Hasbro Pulse Con is today and tomorrow.

What are the odds of Todd dropping a few bombs on Monday? Cut into their news cycle. Maybe piggyback it a bit. Not DC specifically, just some interesting unseen stuff.
Unlikely....we just had DC Fandome with The Batman reveals. He also just had TDKR go up for pre-order. We had Swamp Thing go up. He's gotten samples of Green Lex, Blue Lex, 3J Batman, 3J Red Hood, 3J Clown, 3J Criminal, Lobo, Animated Flash, Animated Black Suit Superman, Superboy Prime all out to YouTube reviews. There's definitely a lot of product giving the DC brand attention right now.

SW had only a handful of reveals (all overpriced) and the Haslab item (extremely overpriced).

Marvel will put on a good show tomorrow I'm sure but even so...Todd just dropped two waves for pre-order recently plus a Mega fig and variant.

I'm good with him keeping quiet right now.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:13 pm

We’ll maybe not next week, but soon-ish. Far as I can tell, everything that’s been formally announced has been put up for preorder. That’s inclusive of all Todd’s current licenses. I’ve got 12 figures (all DC) preordered. A massive number for me.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:54 pm

Yeah, I had a ton pre-ordered as well. I actually cancelled them all. Most are dropping late November/early December. Too close to Christmas to have a bunch of purchases automatically process. Besides, added them to my Christmas list this way. Not that I expect them all or any really. Just easier to watch my spending right now by chancing it in stores.

I've had no problem finding figures in stores. The only ones I've haven't seen are the gold/bronze figures, crow robin, single pack Red Hood and store exclusives like Darkseid, Red and Blue Superman. So for now I'm just keeping the Comedian and the BWL/Crow Robin pack.

I'll be on the sidelines with this line until after Christmas.

It's really just a ton of figures. I'm happy with the output just the timing isn't great.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:31 pm

Didn’t mean to infer that we’d see or hear about new stuff. Just confirmation on some of the rumors. I think our friend on Instagram has had to cool his jets. Seems he posted some confidential or proprietary information. The pictures from the Black Adam costume department was the last straw it seems.

I’ve ordered Blight, Reverse Flash, Superboy Prime, Lobo, Rebirth Superman, green Luthor, 3J Batgirl, Swamp Thing, and the DKR wave. Conservatively, I’m looking at about that number in rumors too.

Guessing we’ll see the game wave next followed by the second movie wave and possibly EW Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. Speculation is all.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:23 am

Yep i don't know how accessories works in this line lol

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:54 am

Brad the dc geek’s review of the hazmat Batman non light up version.
https://youtu.be/3zsfimSq1FM
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Got my White Knight Batcycle, love that these are coming in at same price as individual figures, great value but I’d love a Tumbler at some point in the £50 range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:58 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:54 am
Brad the dc geek’s review of the hazmat Batman non light up version.
https://youtu.be/3zsfimSq1FM
Nice looking figure but interesting scale wise. Certainly not as tall and a more slender looking Batman. Which to me is odd as he is wearing a bulkier suit.

Still, a bit of variety for the shelf. Ultimately I will be happy with the non light up version I think, Target are already playing the 'approve this delay' game. I won't be too upset if=when it falls through.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”