McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:59 am

I think one that could be right up Todd's alley that would really get people's attention would be post-nuke Superman.

And make wave 2's BAF be Ronald Reagan in the starry suit.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Hey, the TDKR Batman and Superman come with two sets of hands! That's another Superman from Todd this happened to. Nice, nice, hope that's a good sign for the future.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:15 pm

If we are being real here for a second....wave 2 will have a Batman repaint. There's no way it doesn't. Mutant Leader is obvious. Sons of Batman as well....with several head variants like Crow Robin (let the frustrating chase begin again). It just makes sense as remember he needs these molds to cost out and will re-release repaints whenever possible. That leaves two slots assuming the Mutant Leader is the build. Ollie makes a ton of sense.

Final slot is where things get tricky. Gordan, Alfred, Two-face...there's just not enough going on there imo. I mean I'd buy them but will Todd be motivated to make them?
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:17 pm

If there’s a wave 2, we need one-armed, badass antifascist Oliver Queen.
“Hiyo goddamn Silver.”
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Let’s remember that DKR includes all three mini series, two one shots, and the oversized Superman Year one. Mattel included Wonder Women and Flash from DKIII in their line and that just scratches the surface. Wonder Woman is a true [email protected]$$. She and Superman have a daughter named Lara who may be an even bigger [email protected]$$ than her mom.

And from what I gather, there are one to three sequels in the works. All written my Frank this time. He didn’t write Master Race. He “consulted”.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:20 pm
Hey, the TDKR Batman and Superman come with two sets of hands! That's another Superman from Todd this happened to. Nice, nice, hope that's a good sign for the future.
And he is entirely new

Sometimes i don't know how that works

Superboy don't have other hands
Magnuz
Tyrant

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:19 pm

It could be he's listening to fans and trying to give us more options. King shazam has two sets of hands, as did crow robin and metal superman.

It could also just be cost planning, all of these figures have reuse options so they can spread the cost out over time better.

Batman:
Blue grey with oval
Battle damaged
Mud fight
Unmasked

Carrie:
Grayson robin
Jason robin

Superman:
Battle damaged
Black out(issue four cover recreation)

Joker:
Calm head
Batarang eye/Battle damaged.

All of these can be doubled up as two packs with other figures as well to help them reuse molds from those too.

Then add in the inevitable mcfarlane store 5 pack.
JOExHIGASHI
HULK SMASH!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:15 pm

He could do the batmobile
bat1975
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:33 pm

For anyone who has ordered recent releases directly from the McF store, how quickly do they ship, compared to when the figures start showing up at the big box retailers? I want to support, but I also don't want to have to wait weeks/months to get figures that are readily available (for the most part) @ Target, WM, etc. Appreciate any info, thanks!
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Jeez, the Supes head and Carrie look even worse in those promos. Hope its better in hand..
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:21 pm

Oh let me just say that I hope Todd keeps it to the first miniseries. I’m still trying to convince myself that the sequels exist in the same alternate reality as the Highlander sequels and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and never actually happened like some Bearenstein Bears situation.
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:07 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:15 pm
If we are being real here for a second....wave 2 will have a Batman repaint. There's no way it doesn't. Mutant Leader is obvious. Sons of Batman as well....with several head variants like Crow Robin (let the frustrating chase begin again). It just makes sense as remember he needs these molds to cost out and will re-release repaints whenever possible. That leaves two slots assuming the Mutant Leader is the build. Ollie makes a ton of sense.

Final slot is where things get tricky. Gordan, Alfred, Two-face...there's just not enough going on there imo. I mean I'd buy them but will Todd be motivated to make them?
Wonder Woman. Todd loves WW.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:10 pm

So far, there haven't been any more TDKR rumors besides a Bats/Supes 2 pack.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:14 am

As much sense as it makes to us for Todd to make one-armed Ollie, Todd has zero track record on making civilian figures. We’re two years and 100 base figures deep into this line with no civilians. The only civilian on the horizon is Drifter Bruce from the movie. And maybe movie Penguin depending on how he looks. Beyond that, it took Mattel 17 years to make two civilians. Clark Kent and Alfred Pennyworth. So maybe it’s more of a DC thing than a Todd thing. DCD has a few more. They always seemed to have a bit more leeway. Ollie and Gordon’s best shot is as a Todd store exclusive two pack.

I look for Bruce in blue, army builder Mutant, Diana with Jon Kent papoose style, Lara Kent, and C&C Mutant Leader in wave two.

And the APC Batmobile from DKR is absolutely in play.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 am

I have really no interest in the dkr sequels, I mean its fine if he wants to make figures from them I just don't care much. I skipped flash and ww from mattel.

Also don't count Ollie out cause he's just an old man in a shirt and pants. He's still exciting, especially if todd goes wonky and does a mouth that can hold an arrow to recreate his shot in the book. I mean nobody has done Oliver from the book so I'd expect him before the likes of Gordon or Alfred.

Todd could get real crazy and do the Fabio Clark Kent hehe.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”